Is this Topic a good idea?
Yes 92%  92%  [ 22 ]
No 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 24

Soldryn
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Feb 2014, 11:54 pm

So as im interested in at least finding someone here who shares my interests and i can consider a friend ive decided to go ahead and create a new friendship board so that we could potentially get to know each other and make friends of our own.
So without further boring you (the reader) with text, the rules of this topic are simple. Post what you'd like people to know about you, your personality, likes, dislikes, anything,etc.
So heres mine:
Diagnosis: Aspergers, and Dysthymia
Likes: Halo, Minecraft, Science, anything fun, and most types of music, as well as numerous other video games
Dislikes: being depressed, feeling unwanted, and not accepted
Traits: Fairly Random at times, technological ability, quick problem solver, and logical thinker, also anything that is typical of an Aspie.
About me, Im extremely unconfident in my own abilities and as a result have an extremely low self esteem. Im extremely intelligent but i often feel that no one listens to me as im autistic and no one really understands so they usually think im crazy or something.
So if you want to know more or just want to have a talk with anyone who replies just send them a PM and see what happens.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 6:38 am

I think it's a great idea. :D

Even on websites like WP with other Aspies I can't help but feel a little too nervous/awkward about messaging someone. It's hard to know what to do, what to say to them. Making friends on WP is easier because we can all relate but it's definitely not guaranteed.

About me:

Sex: Male
Likes: Video games like Halo, GTA, Saints Row, mainly first person shooters and open world games in general. Minecraft is fun as well. Music: Little bit of everything, but '80s and modern electronica I like the best. Tv: Regular Show, Adventure Time, Two and a half men, two broke girls, simpsons, futurama.

Dislikes: Feeling alone or hated. Bullies.

Traits: More shy and quiet, but will be upset when not noticed. A loner but not sad or depressed, just alone. Optimistic and positive but keeps to themselves. Logical thinking but not serious or robotic.

Talents/Interests/Hobbies: I like to write my own stories sometimes, mainly space and action. Sometimes I even illustrate/draw my stories in comic book form. Also like to remix my own music, trying to work on upgrading to professional-level music programs. I often feel really different from other people.

But yeah, good idea. i like it.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 5:24 pm

I agree. :) I've always been a bit nervous when it comes to PMing people, so I think this would be a really good idea.

..So, yeah. Nice to meetcha and all that jazz.

Likes: Drawing, desserts of all kinds, forums, pretty much anything fun, and equally awkward people (who are definitely few and far between.)

Dislikes: Crowds (as in, say, a really big convention or a crowded airport), being alone, and not being accepted.

Sempiternal
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 8:08 pm

Hmmm. Why not! Sounds like a great idea. :)

I am a 16-year-old Asian female living in Silicon Valley, California.

Diagnoses: Asperger's syndrome, adjustment disorder, depressive disorder NOS

Likes: Studying and learning, astronomy, astrophysics, psychology, medicine, oceanography, geology, botany, robotics... insert long list of STEM-related topics here... Reading the dictionary, boba, pocky, espresso gelato, drawing, painting, music, sleeping, daydreaming, being silly, learning about other cultures, diversity

Dislikes: Discrimination, bullying, closed-minded people, sleep-deprivation, hearing the same racist joke over and over and over again, normality, the sound of squeaky lead on paper... Parents' lectures about college, grades, career, etc. Homework, homework, homework... Did I say homework? :lol:
(I love studying but hate homework! :P)

Traits: I don't really know how to describe myself. I guess I'm rather random, eccentric, very nerdy, and over-worked. I get an average of 3-4 hours of sleep each night due to homework and extracurricular activities. :lol:

Proxy_Trump
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Mar 2014, 1:24 pm

I might as well reach out to others due to boredom, broadening my horizons, and improving my social skills.

Hobbies: nonfiction reading, video games (I try as many genres I can)

interests: drawing, anime, trains, martial arts, rocks / minerals, coins, trading card games, and soccer / football.

Traits: according to a recent paid Myer Briggs test I took, I am INTJ but i don't completely agree

Some other info: Took part in a series lower belt tae kwon do tournaments (forms, sparring, and I forgot the third "event") and was in top 3 in 2 of the 3 events. I Was personally invited in a club soccer (football) team and stayed in the roster for 2 seasons before quitting. The last magic the gathering events I participated in I placed 3rd, 4th, and 2nd.

Q&A:
what is the difference of hobbies and interests within the context of this post?
I define Hobbies as activities I am actively taking part in now and enjoy doing so, while interests are either hobbies I abandoned but, under certain circumstances or encouragement I might return them back to hobby status OR a skillset/ knowledge I have considered acquiring. (like drawling). It is questionable whether or not I would prefer doing my hobbies/ interests with others or alone.

Why didn't you go into specifics about any personality traits?
My (waning) Depression clouds my perception of myself and self esteem so if I were to assess my personality it might be a tad bit inaccurate at this time.

I have Skype, cell phone, 3 emails, Steam, and TeamSpeak (for online games.) I will not give my contact info away in this post, if you are interested then PM me on WP.

VioletShadows
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Mar 2014, 1:16 am

Gender- female
Diagnosis- Aspie
Likes- minecraft, Pokemon, reading, wattpad, writing...
Dislikes- being told that I can't help people, being scared, and pickles. :x And categorists, what I call the people who make up BS disorders, so eventually everyone will be some kind of insane.
Traits- pretty random, INFP! :D
Talents/interests/hobbies- writing, fantasy worlding (I'm not calling it 'maldaptive')

Other- I really want to meet and talk to as many fantasy worlders as I can.

poemadayguy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Mar 2014, 4:57 pm

Outrider wrote:
I think it's a great idea. :D

Even on websites like WP with other Aspies I can't help but feel a little too nervous/awkward about messaging someone. It's hard to know what to do, what to say to them. Making friends on WP is easier because we can all relate but it's definitely not guaranteed.

About me:

Likes: Video games like Halo, GTA, Saints Row, mainly first person shooters and open world games in general. Minecraft is fun as well. Music: Little bit of everything, but '80s and modern electronica I like the best. Tv: Regular Show, Adventure Time, Two and a half men, two broke girls, simpsons, futurama.

Dislikes: Feeling alone or hated. Bullies.

Traits: More shy and quiet, but will be upset when not noticed. A loner but not sad or depressed, just alone. Optimistic and positive but keeps to themselves. Logical thinking but not serious or robotic.

Talents/Interests/Hobbies: I like to write my own stories sometimes, mainly space and action. Sometimes I even illustrate/draw my stories in comic book form. Also like to remix my own music, trying to work on upgrading to professional-level music programs. I often feel really different from other people.

But yeah, good idea. i like it.

I love The Simpsons. Just started watching adventure tim and regular show, they're awesome as well. :)

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 44 of 200

You are very likely an Aspie.

Culture Fair IQ:128 (Top 4%)

Crockturtle566
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Mar 2014, 6:24 pm

I like this idea

About me:
Likes: Computers, Video games, Hanging out with friends, Handling my turtles, Archery, Rc boats

Dislikes: People talking behind my back about me or my friends. Being ignored and neglected and that happens all the time :x Whistling, People entering my room without warning.

Traits: Honest (sometimes to honest) ignored by my peers, kind of shy but mostly not, quite good at finding out whats wrong with something or helping people with their problems. Not the most approachable person ever. Thats as much as I can list without starting to think what else I should write down.

Talents: I have quite an interest into computers and tech.

Please don't be scared to send me a pm.

Kuribo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2014, 12:33 pm

Diagnoses: Aspergers Syndrome, Dyscalculia and Dyspraxia
Likes: Computers, video games, Autism acceptance, cycling, being with friends, freedom
Dislikes: School, authoritarianism, social anxiety, discrimination in all forms, people who demonise video games
Traits: Quiet, shy, introverted, willing to help,
Talents & Interests: Writing, cycling, art and design, the technology industry,
About me: I'm not great at describing myself, but the posts on my blog should give you an idea

I've had a terrible time at high school for the past four years, but next week is my last full week and I'll be starting college in August or September. School has been one of the major causes of my depression, so I'll hopefully start to feel better soon.

Feel free to send me a PM. :)

LMH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2014, 1:08 pm

Sex: Female

Likes: History, writing, literature, music from the 60s to today, demonology, and ghost-hunting programs.

Dislikes: School, homework, racism, sexism, any other -ism, being lonely, exam rooms, and social isolation.

Traits: Hyperlexic, shy, quiet, a little weird, full of social mess-ups.

Talents/Interests/Hobbies: Writing, interested in the 1920s, reading novels, drawing, creating character names with deep meanings, and online roleplay forums (my current incarnation is as a vampire from the 1920s).

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Apr 2014, 12:39 am

This sounds like a good idea so here goes:

Name: Wade Rehmke

Likes: History, Fullmetal Alchemist, Games like Mario Mega Man, Zelda, Metroid, Halo, Battlefield, and Titanfall. I also like Strawberries, iPhone, and Doctor Who.

Dislikes: Loneliness, Bullying, Belittlement.

Traits: Shy, Honest, I try to be helpful but stumble at times, Logical but energetic, and loyal.

Likes/Interests/Hobbies: I run a youtube channel called TheWadeSmellbringer where I do Let's Play's of games that run the gambit from platformers to First Person Shooters and also do analysis' of historical events and figures.

Feel free to PM me if you like.

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

[url=thewadesmellbringer.tumblr.com]My Tumblr Blog[/url]

ImNOTBatman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Nov 2014, 3:33 pm

Diagnosis: Aspergers
Likes: Videogames - Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid Music - Arctic Monkeys, Playing Guitar Movies - Superhero Movies, Da Vinci Code
Dislikes: Being Depressed, Loud Noises, Not being able to follow my 'schedule'
Traits: Shy, Problem Solving, Logical Thinking
About me: I'm not a very confident person. Don't really talk to people and keep myself to myself.

physicsnut42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2014, 4:59 pm

Likes: Math, music (playing and listening), science, books, honest conversation, computers, video games, puns
Dislikes: sadness, loneliness, and velvet (can't stand it!)
Traits: honest, occasionally outgoing but very shy around people I don't know very well, cries at woes of self and others (real or fictional), straightforward, easily excited
Talents: mainly music and math (as well as alliteration, apparently)

I love talking/chatting/corresponding or whatever. Feel free to PM me; I promise I won't bite!

Hewhothinks
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Dec 2014, 10:59 pm

I will give this a shot.

Name: Alex

Diagnoses: Aspergers and Social Anxiety Disorder

Likes: Psychology, Deep thinking/Deep Conversations, Video games (Mass Effect Series, To the Moon, Portal Series, Kingdom Hearts Series, Fallout Series) , Movies (Forrest Gump, The Dark Knight, The Big Lebowski, The Thing, Terminator 2), Internet (Reddit,Youtube), T.V (Breaking Bad, Futurama, Attack on Titan, Adventure Time)

Dislikes: Being lonely but too nervous to talk to people and then not being able to think of things to say, the dentist, death, spiders, Country music

Traits: Shy, Deep thinker, like to learn new ideas and new information, like to understand people's problems and think of solutions although I don't get the chance to talk about things like that much

I am excited to possibly talk to other people like me.

PM me if you want to talk or whatever

Anna_K
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2014, 10:58 am

Okay I'll give this a try.....

I'm a 15 year old female, from Ontario, Canada. Some of my interests include drawing, reading comic books, and listening to music.

I am very quiet and introverted, so it is sometimes hard for me to make friends IRL. I enjoy posting on the forums here cuz it gives me a chance to express myself and my opinions. I consider myself to be a nice person, but I can get very competitive at times.

I dislike bullies and the "in your face" type people. I also can't get along with anyone with a negative attitude about everything.

But feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

Lothando
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Dec 2014, 7:04 am

Hello! :)

Likes: I love to write no matter what it is. But my genre is fantasy! Im a big Lord of the rings fan and im an excellent woodworker. I like jazz but also alot of game music. I like to play The Lord of the Rings Online and love being creative in minecraft. I LOVE animals too. I like to stream the games i play live so other people can watch.

Dislikes: People who are being jerks, school, teachers that makes you feel uncomfortable, P.E, Scary things.

Traits: Im mostly positive and happy when it comes to meeting people, if im sad or angry in public i dont show it, though it can be hard. Im a nice guy but i feel that im always a lonewolf, a lone survivor. I try to find solutions to problems i get or others get in a normal day. Im a very creative thinker.

School has been horrible, but i hope for a bright future.

Lothando :D