Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Crocodylus Porosus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Dec 2014, 7:26 am

Does anyone else here have issues with getting into uncontrollable rages every now and again. I'm not talking about just getting majorly pissed off or punching something a couple of times, I'm talking about the kind of anger where you just feel yourself lose all control over your actions and do serious damage to yourself, other people and objects. The kind where no matter how hard you try you just can't control your own actions and can't calm down until you are utterly spent, and when you do calm down, you've used up so much energy that you just want to sleep all the rest of the day. When it happens I get a sustained adrenaline surge and become unbelievably physically strong, like one time I literally walked through a locked metal door and the lock snapped clean in half. It scares me that I might hurt someone I care about. I'm seeing a professional about it, but I'm not sure how much it is helping. I nearly snapped a kids neck at school when I put him in a headlock and smashed his head into a concrete retainer wall, and I once cut off my friends oxygen supply long enough for him to pass out. In both those situations they stirred me up and goaded me into it, and I had at least half a dozen other, bigger kids trying unsuccessfully to pull me off. I'm just wondering if anyone else gets the same way?

CharlotteEstevez
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Dec 2014, 1:08 pm

I do tend to get overly aggressive sometimes but I guess not as "bad" or what like you do. Normally, I hurt myself when I get like that, like smashing my head against a wall or something. My family always tries - unsuccessfully - to calm me down but that's really hard. Plus, I always get super tired afterward.

Scissor...me
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jan 2015, 6:28 pm

I suppose that happens to me too. Sometimes small things just make me want to strangle people to death without actually wanting too. There's probably something behind that anger. It would be good to try to find it but if you can't it's really not a big deal. It's things like that that make us the wonderful people we are really.

Sarah xx

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2015, 8:52 pm

I feel constantly "on edge." I always think about causing destruction and pain to things and people, but I almost never do it. I'm quite surprised with my self control actually for the amount of anger I feel. That's not to say that I don't sometimes end up doing something bad that I regret though.

Again, I'm REALLY surprised at my self control, but I do try really hard. The things that I think of doing that I am always very close to doing are things like throwing whatever is in my hand at a wall or person's head, like flipping things over, and like kicking things. I do these things, but I don't very often at all.

I also just want to scream at people and push them.

~~~
Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
~~~

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 5:14 am

CharlotteEstevez wrote:
I do tend to get overly aggressive sometimes but I guess not as "bad" or what like you do. Normally, I hurt myself when I get like that, like smashing my head against a wall or something. My family always tries - unsuccessfully - to calm me down but that's really hard. Plus, I always get super tired afterward.

This is pretty much me. My anxiety and frustration just kind of builds and builds until it reaches that breaking point of hurting myself (hitting myself, etc.). It's an environmental thing for me: I'm able to calm myself down if I'm somewhere quiet and alone, but if I'm somewhere with a lot of noise and people, that's how it builds.

Crocodylus Porosus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2015, 6:35 am

Interesting. Maybe there is some link between AS and a predisposition towards aggression. Definitely worth further investigation on my part.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 9:23 am

I get extremely angry but I never do anything physical or show it, I control myself because I think I would do stupid things I would regret if my mind was in its original state, so it just goes away then. But if you're talking at being angry at someone who wronged you in something serious, I usually get very angry and start hating them to death lol.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 12:59 pm

I have terrible rage episodes where every other word out of my mouth is f**k and I just start screaming at the top of my lungs that I want to kill myself or someone else. I hit people, throw myself down on the floor and bang my head, throw and break things, wreak havoc on the internet, run away from home, try to call the police, and sometimes it's like a blackout rage where I forget ever having the episode later. Scares the beejeezus out of my family members. :lol:

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 6:53 pm

Gee...to be honest, I don't really get angry that much. I probably have dissonant serenity....well...most of the time. However, I tend to also have a tsundere personality, but only in self-defense when someone or something gets on my nerves. If I REALLY get angry to its peak, though, I end up feeling like this:

Then maybe this....:

WAautisticguy
Toucan
Toucan

04 Mar 2015, 12:18 am

Sometimes, but not that extreme. At school, when I'm having a bad day, or other classmates are not listening, I want to yell at everyone to shut up. If a teacher threatens detention or restitution or other things on kids who are talking or not working on their assignment, I want to scream and throw them out and call the principal on them if they are doing such things. Obviously, I would be the one in trouble (opposite works 99.99999999% of the time) and the principal would give ME detention for "trying to be the boss", but that's just what I feel like doing.
Had this been years ago (elementary school), it would have been more of a flight response. Sometimes I ran out of the classroom crying so hard when my teacher was being mean and crabby. I'm sensitive to teachers who like to scream at students often. It is not good to do at all.
I also feel like passing period is a "race" to get to class before the tardy bell rings (which in my mind could be thinking "15 seconds" when it's 2 minutes away) so sometimes I'm literally running with anxiety all over when the hallway gets more and more emptier.

Lazershow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Mar 2015, 2:49 pm

I'm usually fairly calm but when i do get angry i tend to explode. It used to be a lot worse in elementary school where i would have a meltdown at least once a week but i have calmed down quite i bit since i entered high school. I still get angry but its to the level it used to be were i would just scream uncontrollably

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 7:37 am

At times...
i usually internalize my anger, showing no response and venting safely and quietly, usually by meditating in a toilet cubicle or similar (when i'm out of home).
however, if the stimulus remains and i dont get this chance, i can (and will) explode, violently. last year, i had a true "hulk smash" episode, where i literally jumped over a table and grabbed someones throat. recently, i had something similar, but i managed to hold myself back (i got muscle ackes from both tensing up to attack, and holding myself back at the same time, it mush have been visible that i was flexing all over).
lucky, these events have impact, and these two were different people and situations. other situations where someone who was present at either of these two was present were deescalated due to them aknowledging that i wasn't kidding about my warnings that i was about to 'hulk up'.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 11:57 am

My meltdowns can be like "hulking up" too. I've hit people and thrown a chair across the room.

Scissor...me
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Mar 2015, 3:46 pm

I Know a guy who flipped two whole desks upside down cuz he was angry 8O

Sarah xx

Crocodylus Porosus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Apr 2016, 9:29 am

Yeah a "hulk rage" is the best way to describe it really. And I'm no lightweight, I'm not overly tall at around 5'9", but I'm over 200lbs, and that's muscle, not fat. That combined with a huge adrenaline rush really does make it dangerous for other people. I've hurt people badly before, and people often think I'm bluffing when I start to get angry and warn them that they'd better get to stepping. Oh well, they find out the hard way.