Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

luneth
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jul 2010, 7:26 pm

I got back into yugioh a few months ago and I'm curious about if anyone plays it too. Does anyone know how to play yugioh and duels.

Prksrbrt
Raven
Raven

02 Jul 2010, 9:22 pm

I know how to play but it's been a very long time.

Jpeg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jul 2010, 8:24 pm

I don't play, but a bunch of my friends started playing again recently.

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 2:43 pm

In all honesty, I haven't played since it was popular in like.. 5th grade. Which was, you know, ages ago.

simwicky
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jul 2010, 7:03 pm

Yes I did the same thing and started playing again. Me and my boyfriend vs. each other and I always kick his ass. :twisted:
You'd be surprised how many garage sales you pass by have stacks and stacks of Yu-Gi-Oh cards. That's my secret. :twisted:

Anyway google "yugioh rules" and there's a PDF file with the Version 7 rules. (I can't post it because I'm too new to this forum)

It's a bit of a read but it got me back into it. :wink:

simwicky
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jul 2010, 7:04 pm

Yes I did the same thing and started playing again. Me and my boyfriend vs. each other and I always kick his ass. :twisted:
You'd be surprised how many garage sales you pass by have stacks and stacks of Yu-Gi-Oh cards. That's my secret. :twisted:

Anyway google "yugioh rules" and there's a PDF file with the Version 7 rules. (I can't post it because I'm too new to this forum)

It's a bit of a read but it got me back into it. :wink:

camadamson
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Sep 2010, 4:46 pm

dang. i havent played yugioh in years. my dueling deck hasnt been touched since 8th grade and im graduated now!

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 11:24 am

Used to play it and built up a massive deck, but my interest wore out ages ago.

Kuriboh
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Sep 2010, 7:47 pm

Oh yeah. I play Yugioh. I'm a hard core duelist with a super awesome Blackwing deck that beat the three time in a row champion at my local tournament.

SaxNerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Sep 2010, 1:09 am

I used to play it a fair bit with my brother and cousin (We each had a mattel duel-disk), but when I went to High school, i overheard people talking about how childish it is, so I pretty much just let it go, which I regret! I also forgot it all when they stopped airing yugioh gx on free TV in Australia.

Recently, I've gotten back into it, but over the years it seems that I missed so much. So now I'm slowly catching up to the modern form of it. My brother and I are playing it on the nintendo DS (I realised that all of the 1000+ cards we used to use are fake!). I'm also online watching all the anime that I missed (which i taking a while, we have limited downloads). I missed the original yugioh grand championship and memory arcs, which I have now seen online, and I saw the first two seasons of yugioh gx years ago, so I'll have to start watching the rest of that, too, and finally get around to this new 5d's thing that I've heard about.

Kuriboh, maybe we could pm our decks and help each other out. I use my lame attempt at a Horus-Jinzo lockdown deck. send me a pm if interested.
by the way, I wonder why you call yourself 'kuriboh', surely you would prefer to be known as 'obelisk the tormentor' (just kidding)

oliver93
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Sep 2010, 4:39 pm

I used to play it, I'm looking for a new one to play now. heck I could even make one (creativity + logic - contraception = a whole lot of ideas xp )

I think one that revolves around mechs would be fun, I'll try making a card game about it in my head, then maybe jot it down.

Kuriboh
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Sep 2010, 7:34 pm

Hey Saxnerd that would be a good idea. I run blackwings which kick @$# but for somereason im not drawing the key cards. If your running a Jinzo deck make sure you only have a few trap cards and lots of spell cards. Two great cards to put into your deck are dark hole and monster reborn. You can only have one of each in your deck so be careful. Oh and by the way I used to run a Gemini deck that was pretty lousy but If I get a few more of the support cards that I need I might be able to win an tournament.

Blake_be_cool
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 7:06 am

I love Yugioh!
But once when my dad made me clean my room when I was young I was just throwing away anything and ever think and about a week later I noticed I haven't seen them in a while. been like 3-4 years and I still want them back.

SaxNerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2010, 3:57 am

Blake_be_cool wrote:
I love Yugioh!
But once when my dad made me clean my room when I was young I was just throwing away anything and ever think and about a week later I noticed I haven't seen them in a while. been like 3-4 years and I still want them back.

The exact same thing happened to me. Now I have to play it on the nintendo DS. It's alright though, as We use cheats so we can get all the cards automatically, and we can use forbidden cards! (we only play casually so we go nuts with forbidden cards) Go Raigeki!!

Kuriboh, I've changed my deck a bit since my last post. It is generally duelling much better, but there isn't much of a focus on getting the lockdown out. If you look at it, it just looks like a bunch of random cards...

AutibotXD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2012, 7:22 pm

Yeah just got back into it, I bought the "dawn of the Xyz" starter deck last week and used my old cards to edit it.

I mainly focus on quick Xyz summons powerd up with spells plus some spells, traps and monster effects to prevent my opponents attacks and summons. :D

Dueling my freind tommorow and i'm pretty confident even though i've been shuffling like crazy (He's won tournaments at the closest toys 'r' us to our area so it's understandable why i'm jittery).
My dad say if I win he'll let me enter tournaments. :o

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2012, 9:19 pm

I played a long time ago.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html