Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

kidwiththejacket
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2012, 11:17 pm

I notice that a few people said they were interested in psychology, and I am too. What have y'all been thinking about psych lately?

sarek
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Dec 2012, 10:33 am

For me the reason is that in 2008 I found out I had ADD-PI and have some aspie traits and social anxiety on top so I joined a few communities to find other people from my own planet.

And being INFP, which people somehow can sense, they just kept coming to me with just about every issue in the DSM so I had to learn in a hurry.

What beyond reality

Harry8142
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Dec 2012, 7:23 pm

I read an article this week that said we humans blink more often than is necessary and some new (and I must stress not conclusive research) suggests that we blink frequently for two reasons in order to lubricate the eyes, obviously, and also, not so obviously, in order to process information. I thought this was interesting, although like I said, it's more of a correlation.

IChris
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2012, 7:37 pm

I got the book "The psychology of insanity" by Bernhard Hart today; bought used since it is from 1918. Quite interesting reading of the earlier days of mental disorders.