Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Regent
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Mar 2011, 11:01 pm

It's been going for a near three/four years now. I recall being in a minor car accident(wheel dislodging, spinout and slamming into a large rock). Could that incident alter/affect my unwillingness(I still can but anxiety kicks in) to be a passenger and future driver? It might be related, but if it's not has anyone with Austism or Asperger's gone through similar experience or suffered similar setbacks with an accident being involved?

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 11:08 pm

Of course, just a fact of nature: all animals learn from stimulus. If you do something and it has negative consequences you avoid doing it.

Regent
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Mar 2011, 11:29 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
Of course, just a fact of nature: all animals learn from stimulus. If you do something and it has negative consequences you avoid doing it.
I've been in another accident before the one I listed. So the last accident basically was the tipping point then?

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 11:37 pm

Probably.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 11:39 pm

I've heard that one symptom of PTSD is avoidance of things that remind a person of what happened.

Regent
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Mar 2011, 12:35 am

Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
I've heard that one symptom of PTSD is avoidance of things that remind a person of what happened.
It's been a pain. I don't live exactly close to anything...besides some small markets, that's about it. I've been looking for a place closer to larger cities but no luck. It seems I got my answer(I think)...unless anyone else wants to add one.