Could anyone recommend a sleeping pill that puts you out for

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 11:23 am

I'm currently going through the agony of unrequited love, but I won't bore anyone with that story. What I've come to understand is my pattern of reaching out for a meaningful connection at times in my life when I'm not a very viable option for anyone in any capacity – not even a deep friendship. Oh, there have been times when some very needy women found me viable enough to suit their emotional needs. However, once they were stronger, they were gone for good.

It's a messed up pattern. I go along fine with only casual human encounters until my life turns to s**t. But then when it does, I don't have anyone to lean on, so I desperately look for someone. Yikes! What a horrendous epiphany!

I would just like to sleep through the month of December and wake up sometime in early January. The holidays are the worst time to be going through sh*t like this.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 11:35 pm

not likely as you'd have to be in a coma on feeding/water tubes

I do wish there was something to take to sleep long hours at night, just work 8 hours and sleep for 16 hours.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 10:32 am

Ahhh, a nice six-week coma would be nice Yeah, I understand your feelings about extended sleep -- it's what I feel like at the moment -- but that kind of existence would be pointless in the long-run. As low as I feel at the moment, I still maintain a small amount of optimism. There was a time I was fairly content being alone and I will eventually return to that state.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 11:16 am

I know what you mean. There are times when I would have liked one of those six-week comas as well!

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 2:25 pm

Yes, being unconscious is very inviting when you feel like crap. Sleep is not coming to me very easily, right now.

Concentration is my biggest problem, at the moment. Most of this year I've been trying, with limited success, to get my writing career back on track, while continuing to my duties as a caregiver. Emotionally, it was a very bad time to fall in love with someone.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 12:30 am

If you really want help with sleeping you can talk to your doctor about it. There are meds, but I would be cautious about them as some are habit forming and not easy to come off of. But if you are confident you can quit and just need for a short duration then its a reasonable option. There are also over the counter ones, that are milder and I believe not habit forming.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 12:43 am

I find sleep does nothing to help me escape from any mental pain, dreams can torment to.

I tend to have to settle for drugs that cause me to get high to escape pain rather than drugs that would make me sleep through the especially rough days.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 3:53 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I find sleep does nothing to help me escape from any mental pain, dreams can torment to.

I tend to have to settle for drugs that cause me to get high to escape pain rather than drugs that would make me sleep through the especially rough days.

I don't dream most of the time. dreams are like death. for 10 hours a day I don't exist. I'm free.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 4:10 am

sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I don't dream most of the time. dreams are like death. for 10 hours a day I don't exist. I'm free.

I'd like to not dream when I sleep, that would be more pleasant but have not really found a way to achieve that. Lately I have been waiting till early morning to sleep, which sort of prevents me getting enough sleep since I don't like to lay around past like 12 in the afternoon...I guess not all my dreams suck but most are somewhat unpleasant at least.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 5:37 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I'd like to not dream when I sleep, that would be more pleasant but have not really found a way to achieve that. Lately I have been waiting till early morning to sleep, which sort of prevents me getting enough sleep since I don't like to lay around past like 12 in the afternoon...I guess not all my dreams suck but most are somewhat unpleasant at least.

unpleasant how?

I had a dream last night. first one in a while. involved the girl I ws interested in being with someone else. bad dream I suppose. Use to dream of dying when I was younger like on the titanic when it was sinking and such. best ones were when I was in a story, but not as myself but someone else, totally weird.

hope op is feeling better.

SpirosD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2014, 7:19 am

Forget pills, they are chemicals and abuse can be very dangerous.
There is a plant, all natural, used worldwide and that will make you sleep, it's called weed, just smoke a bowl of very good and strong stuff and that will knock you out for several hours. And if you don't smoke and are good at cooking make a space cake, or buy an already prepared space cake. Of course if you are living in Colorado, Washington, some places in Canada, Belgium, The Netherlands, Switzerland or Spain it will be easier to get.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 7:34 am

^that does help some with sleep, but I cannot say I have ever had weed really knock me out...even good stuff, but it does help. And yes safer than pills.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 11:41 am

Well, I was being largely facetious with my header. I'm not really looking to go the drug route, to be honest. I will admit to consuming a little more alcohol in the evenings than I should. But the good thing is I've always had a pretty good tilt mechanism where drugs are concerned. I always quite before they become serious problem.

I don't think marijuana is really a good idea, to be honest, because it only has a tendency to intensify feelings -- not a good thing for me, at the moment.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies. I feel better for just getting it out.

Oscar Meyer Lansky