Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Crazypandalady
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Nov 2014, 1:26 am

I am struggling with anxiety at the momement
I am 33, engaged and moving out soon.
My parents are renovating and putting carpet and a built in wardrobe in my bedroom which I would appreciate.
I have a lot of books they are one of my special interests but I have a lot of books and I read them. However my Dad want to put them in his shed. This makes me feel like I want to die (I am at no risk of suicide).my fiancé offered to put them in his unit but I don't want him carrying them up the four flights of stairs incase he hurts himself. I had a meltdown today and my Dad called me ret*d. I haven't had a diagnosis yet. There is nothing I can do to stop them putting my books in the shed. My anxiety is very very high. Help Help Help

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2014, 12:53 pm

Do your books normally live in your room? Why is your dad putting your books in his shed? Is it temporary while they put in carpet and wardrobe? Are you taking your books with you when you move out?

I don't understand why you aren't allowed to keep your books in your room or wherever they normally live.

Love transcends all.

FedUpAsp
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Nov 2014, 4:33 pm

Try to keep in mind that you still have your books. They're just somewhere else for the moment. I know it's hard. I had books and such too and had to get rid of most of them....an awful experience I just wanted to be over.

Even if they're in your father's shed, they'll still be there waiting for you--even if it's better to actually have them nearby.

Sorry I can't be of much more help.

Crazypandalady
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2014, 2:11 am

Thank you people for responding.

Many of my books are now in said shed and I am trying to believe they won't be ruined. I can bring some back into the house once the painting/carpeting/new wardrobe are in and I have one tub that I am taking to my fiancé unit. I am trying to remember soon my fiancé and I will have out own house and I can have as many bookcases as we can fit. The reason this is so stressful is because my books are a coping mechanism. I retreated into books at 13 to deal with bullying. Even now when stressed I buy a new book lol.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 2:32 pm

Crazypandalady wrote:
Thank you people for responding.

Many of my books are now in said shed and I am trying to believe they won't be ruined. I can bring some back into the house once the painting/carpeting/new wardrobe are in and I have one tub that I am taking to my fiancé unit. I am trying to remember soon my fiancé and I will have out own house and I can have as many bookcases as we can fit. The reason this is so stressful is because my books are a coping mechanism. I retreated into books at 13 to deal with bullying. Even now when stressed I buy a new book lol.

I'm glad you can bring some of them back into the house!

To keep your books safe while they have to live in the shed, could you seal them up in big plastic bags?

Love transcends all.

Crazypandalady
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2014, 6:31 pm

Hi guys,
Just an update my fiancé brought me two bookcases over the weekend and now I am bringing my books to his flat. I won't be able to bring them all but this has made me incredibly happy.
Joy to all
:D