Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 2:52 pm

MDD123 wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
MDD123 wrote:
That is wrong on so many levels, it's like organize rape. .

actually, that describes society. I try to avoid it as much as possible. Society, that is.

I noticed you live in Oregon, that's a good state for getting away from society, I can't say I feel it 100% here. I just moved from independence, my next move will be colorado springs. I can identify with the staying out of society part, you just lose a part of yourself when you stay in front of people for too long.

I can get lost in Oregon, lost and into the green forests and cooling waters. You gain something when you can stay in front of the Ocean for never long enough.

Merle

Beatlegal
Raven
Raven

09 Dec 2014, 3:55 pm

I want this taken down. I wrote this in 2009 when I was arguing with my mom over having a relationship. I took it the wrong way. My mom just doesn't want me to be alone in life. I feel really bad now for writing such a thing. My parents both just wants what best for me. Thanks

Dogbloos
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Dec 2014, 4:20 pm

Hmmm...

Ummm... what?

Your mom doesn't want you to be alone...

And yet hates it when you act affectionate towards me and doesn't like it when we're dating?

Do gay relationships not count for her? Does she only care if you can have babies?

Sorry to snoop, Komodo. I'm bored waiting for an email from Westphal and did that thing where I google you again. At the same time, this looks like it could actually be a really useful site for me. Aspie power!

-Taliwah

Dogbloos
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Dec 2014, 8:59 am

And don't mistake what she wants out of you for what's best for you (I.e., making you clean your dorm room just after removing you from the safest and healthiest place you've been in a long time: both things wants out of you, not what's best for you). I've fallen into that same trap of pushing what I think is beat for you, Beatlegal, without asking you what you actually WANT. I can recognize that... Can your mom? You have GOT to start standing up for what YOU want, smoochie, and stop trying to please your mother, because the more you try to please your mother, the more she seems to demand of you and the less she seems to appreciate you. You're an adult, and YOU have some power in deciding what's best for you.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 1:19 pm

I'm not understanding part of this.... is your mother trying to get you to go out with guys (aka 'go out with guys, get a date') or is she trying to get you to have sex as I see many here seem to have assumed is the case?

I read it as your mother trying to push you out of the nest... which is normal in many ways. She may feel she needs to do something. On the other hand, if you're not interested in having a relationship (perhaps because it does inevitably lead to sex if it becomes 'serious' and this is a source of great anxiety for you?) then you should talk to your mother and tell her you're just not interested.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 2:26 pm

To many parents live vicariously through their children's lives. After a point, it can get to be intrusive or unhealthy.

My mom tried to play matchmaker with me with a girl who later came out as a lesbian. After that, she finally stopped doing that.

Dogbloos
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Dec 2014, 6:29 pm

Dantac wrote:
I'm not understanding part of this.... is your mother trying to get you to go out with guys (aka 'go out with guys, get a date') or is she trying to get you to have sex as I see many here seem to have assumed is the case?

I read it as your mother trying to push you out of the nest... which is normal in many ways. She may feel she needs to do something. On the other hand, if you're not interested in having a relationship (perhaps because it does inevitably lead to sex if it becomes 'serious' and this is a source of great anxiety for you?) then you should talk to your mother and tell her you're just not interested.

Well as beatlegal's (much hated by her mother) ex-girlfriend, I can tell you that pushing her out of the nest is not something her mother is trying to do. If anything, she's very controlling and possessive. And I don't know if it's that she doesn't want her daughter dating or just doesn't want her dating me, but our relationship was always unwanted by her. She even tried to break us up.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 8:54 pm

Oh wow I didnt notice the original post was in 2009. Sorry!

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 11:57 pm

Zombie thread risen from the grave....