Page 213 of 577 [ 9220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216 ... 577  Next

lyzpg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Apr 2015, 9:32 am

I am sickened by people around me (IRL).

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2015, 4:41 pm

I am so sick of the lack of puncuation on the internet these days. I used to get annoyed at people who correct others all the time but now, I miss it! You can read an entire wall of text, no fullstops, no commas, nothing. And yet, no one complains about it anymore. It's like, oh you made a mistake that someone in their first year of school is shoulnd’t make.... oh well, no biggie!
o.O
Not only is the person making a mistake, the reader can end up reading it wrong, giving something an entirely different meaning. Sure, sometimes I don’t use a comma and full stop exactly when I should and I make other mistakes but at least I’m trying. But people these days literally start a sentence right after ending one, with no gap at all!
I want people to be able to understand what I’m saying and even though we may share the same langauge, if we don’t all follow the same rules, it’s f*****g pointless. I might as well start typing like jw84`.
I'm not perfect, nor am I trying to be. I'm just so sick and tired of seeing 5 lines in a tumblr post with absolutely 0 puncuation, as if it isn't important at all....
And then suddenly I'm the one who is wrong for not understanding what someone poorly said due to their stupidity
That’s an exageration but hopefully you get the point.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 5:11 pm

^^^ Yes! I just popped in out of curiosity, but I agree so passionately that I want to rant, too!

I read an article last night about a popular novel; the author of the article failed over and over again to pluralize a family's last name. This person got PAID to type that stuff in, and his own name was quite similar to the fictitious family's name, so I have to wonder if that buffoon can even use his OWN name correctly! I don't want to be the target of the nasty replies that online proofreaders often get, but I felt I simply had to post a quick comment pointing out that and another really obvious and repeated mistake.

I truly do worry how often anyone can read a mistake before s/he becomes utterly blind to it. These days, anyone with a computer is basically a self-published author, but there aren't nearly enough editors to go around. Yes, languages are fluid things that morph over time, but in my opinion, some changes are so confusing and inconsistent that they won't ever be valid.

vercingetorix451
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2015, 9:18 pm

I can't tell if my anxiety meds are making me really lethargic or if it's just the depression or the fact that the anxiety meds are making it so I can catch up on the eons of sleep I've been missing the last few years.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 12:52 am

I've seen more than enough that financial problems ruined families. I had enough with it. HAD enough with it.

So stupid. Stupid sacrifice. Stupid 'problems'. Stupid fights. With their stupid dream ruined.

Sorry to anyone who might read this but:
SOMETIMES I WISH FILIPINOS DON'T HAVE TO DREAM LIKE AMERICANS. TRYING HARD TO BE LIKE THEM JUST BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT LIFE IS EASIER THERE. BUT NO! NOT EVERY OFWS GET A HAPPY FAMILY MOVING OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY. THEY DON'T KNOW THE GODDAMNED RISK OF GETTING BROKEN FAMILIES AFTERWARDS. OR HOW TO DEAL WITH A FOREIGN LAND WHERE THEY NEVER BEEN BEFORE? WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE SO IGNORANT?! JUST WHY??? WHY CAN'T THEY UNDERSTAND THAT NOT ALL "FAITH" LASTS THAT LONG DUE TO THE DISTANCES?! THAT NOT ALL HARD WORK AND SACRIFICE PAYS AT ALL DESPITE THE EFFORTS?

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

vercingetorix451
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2015, 10:57 am

I hate money. It keeps me from accomplishing what I want from life.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 12:46 pm

as the reverend ike [I think] once said, "the LACK of money is the root of all evil!"

vercingetorix451
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2015, 5:32 pm

auntblabby wrote:
as the reverend ike [I think] once said, "the LACK of money is the root of all evil!"

It's true, unfortunately. :(

Taylor1002
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 3:35 pm

Some people, who I don't even know, tell me about their problems...It seems to happen every few weeks. I'm not heartless. I care about other people, but it's really upsetting to know that someone's suffering and not know how to help them or what to say.

a few days ago a classmate, who I hardly know, cried on my shoulder because of her stress...she talked about her schoolwork and, almost apologetically, mentioned her anxiety disorder and her new medication for it. I think she talked with me for about 5 minutes. I didn't know what to say or do and I said anything I hoped would comfort and help her. People who don't know me have told me about other things, like their divorce or their dying child.

I don't know why they would tell me about those things...I hope that it makes them feel better. But, it leaves me feeling emotionally drained and like I can never say the right thing.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 4:30 pm

^^^
you are trustworthy, open and non-judgmental which counts for the lions' share of compassion.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 8:56 pm

I am sick and tired of my local pharmacy not having my Zoloft in stock they then try and peddle their Generic brands at me.
Luckily I have enough Zoloft to last me a few days so I can go to another chemist so I can get some.
I even emailed a complaint to them.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 9:03 pm

traven wrote:
Google replaced by Bing, try to get that sorted out :(

What OS and browser are you using?

Taylor1002
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 11:24 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
you are trustworthy, open and non-judgmental which counts for the lions' share of compassion.

Thank you...I don't know if you hear this often, but you're friendly and very kind.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 11:47 am

Taylor1002 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^

Thank you...I don't know if you hear this often, but you're friendly and very kind.

thankk you and prego :D us aspies gotta stick together :bounce: :bounce:

Taylor1002
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 12:27 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Taylor1002 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^

thankk you and prego :D us aspies gotta stick together :bounce: :bounce:

No problem :D us aspies really should stick together!

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 8:31 pm

I had trouble yesterday when I wanted help at optus, there was a woman in a wheelchair demanding attention rather loudly she wouldn't wait her turn, in the end the man told me to ring a number and get help.
The only thing with that is you have to keep pressing buttons to get anyone.
I don't think he wanted to be bothered to help me.