Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

hj
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2009, 3:42 pm

well i had my first session today didnt go to well i clamed up as i new i would but aparenly im clearly a very trouble person who needs a lot of help i fopund all this a bit overweelming and didnt take a huge amount in but my next apponitment is in 2 months it hardly woth the bother i cant learn to trust sumone who only sees me every 2 months it not fair i need help b4 thing get out of hand even more and i ask for it and i get this why dont i deserve the help i need im such a falier ! !!

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 6:28 pm

A therapist will understand that someone feels anxious. They are used to it. I have been in and out of therapy for many years. I have learned a lot but it never fundamentally changed me. Personally I would try to concentrate on how to solve particular problems that you have rather than try to dig into why you feel a certain way. I am sorry I waited too long to trust the therapist. They are required by professional ethics to be non judgmental and to not reveal your secrets. You'd be wasting time and money if you didn't just get right to it.

wildgrape
Toucan
Toucan

13 Oct 2009, 9:51 pm

You now know what kinds of questions the therapist is likely to ask, and in future you will be better prepared to answer. Your next visit will probably go much more smoothly. The first time at anything is always the hardest.

Did the therapist seem like a nice person?

hj
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2009, 4:24 pm

aimless : i lucky i in the uk so it all free on the NHS !

wild grape : i dont no i didnt really click with him i dont really go to men ever but im guna try and make the most out of it if i can i just think i may be too far screwed up to just take about things i dont no what i need but im so scared to say too much to him as he mentioned a hospital that he can put me in if he feels im in danger from myself whitch i supose i am but i just dont want to hav to go away i cant i think this will get in the way of me openin up about i how i really feel !

wildgrape
Toucan
Toucan

15 Oct 2009, 5:30 pm

Hi hj,

Sorry to hear that you didn't hit it off with the therapist. If you don't have the choice of choosing a different one, you are probably best to open up as much as possible to the one you have. Could you ask for sessions more often than once every 2 months? That doesn't seem enough to me.

If you can keep from harming yourself I don't think the therapist will put you in a hospital against your will. Did you tell him that you don't want to go into hospital? If you really have a problem with the therapist, are you able to discuss this with your doctor? She/he might be able to arrange an alternative.

I really hope that you stay strong and do well at your next therapy session.

hj
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2009, 7:46 am

i said to him every 2 months is pointless i need help now not then im really having a bad weekend even though about dieing again but he said there so many people that also need help i hhav to share them but 2 months is stupid im givin up already and i only had one seession i just keep telling my self to stay strong cause it could help he want me on anti depressant but i cant risk putting on weigh i rather be sad than fat sorry i no that wrong but having a eating dissorder screws with ur head