Mom almost died several times in the past 2 days.

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ottorocketforever
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Dec 2009, 11:59 pm

I think trying to get into another hospital might be a good option if you can do. I hope she has a speedy recovery. *hugs*

Dark_Red_Beloved
Toucan
Toucan

15 Dec 2009, 12:06 am

*hugs*

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2009, 9:42 am

Pathology just came back . moms cancer is stage 3a. thats a survival rate of 51 to 56 percent.

I have to make this a quick post cause i need to go see my mom.

please pray.

thank you all.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Dec 2009, 9:41 pm

Hi Just-me---yes, I will pray.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 3:49 pm

glider18 wrote:
Hi Just-me---you definitely have your hands full right now. I am trying to look at your options here. One thing is for sure, if your mother is not monitored there is the potential for disaster---so she must be watched carefully. By who? Well...the staff should be doing that---but they aren't---so...you must act as her guardian here. But...you are getting tired. Are there any other options? Is there anyone else that could watch her closely to allow you time to rest? Another option would be a better hospital---but that is easier said than done considering she is already in this hospital. Do you forsee her being in the hospital long? I wish there was a better answer here, but there is common sense here. If you hadn't been by her side so far---well...we don't want to think about that. You are going to be very fatigued during this. You know this situation better than me...and I trust you will do what is right. I have noticed that many hospitals just don't watch as closely as they're supposed to. There is a lot of negligence anymore. Just do what you have to do. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

thank you for keeping my mother and i in your prayers.
I have been watching her . but i realized why i have been the one to catch all the problems before they overcome my mom.

when i entered the hospital i prayed to god to make me prevent any problems. make me have the strength, the wisdom and the ability to see any problems and the ability and knowledge to fix them. and for god to keep her safe.

This is why i have seen all this and been the one to save her. god answered my prayers.

I have been resting since yesterday my mom wanted me to so i can take care of her when she comes home.
But my dad has been visiting quite often.

She still has the hole in her lung. they are still trying to fix it. i think her healing is being delayed because they keep taking her off the machine that takes the extra air out of her chest to quickly. so that is causing the hole in her lung to take longer to heal.

but i don't know how to tell the doctors this. i feel I'm right but they are the ones who are the doctors. but i think its because it is not a lung doctor doing this its is a general surgeon.

how do i tell the doctors my advice on this without offending them?

she will be in there probably another week if they don't fix this soon. but that is only my guess. she is still in the ICU. I'm glad though, because as long as she is there she will get better care and be kept safer. and the nurses seem better.

she is stable now so thats great news. she is talking, alert and even called me this morning on her cell phone.

i talked to a pasture a few days ago. he prayed that god would give me a vision of the outcome of all this. and yesterday i had a feeling mom would survive all this. so I'm glad!

I'm relying on god. god gets me through everything . and no matter what happens it is all meant to be. and even if my mom does die i know 100% mom will be taken care of by god.

I'm sad but its to be expected.

I thank you for praying. it is that, that can truly save her.

And i know that for certain.

So your helping a lot.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 3:55 pm

For me and my mom.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji2rLXr3cEU&feature=PlayList&p=F91D38FD129A44B1&index=13[/youtube]

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 3:58 pm

I LOVE that song! I actually saw Casting Crowns in concert!

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 7:10 pm

Thank God you were there to save your mum! As if the cancer itself wasn't bad enough :( Best of luck to you all *hugs*

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 7:33 pm

just-me wrote:
she told me that ... my mom is not the only person here at this hospital.
8O :evil:
Someone needs to be reminded there's other nurses who might like an open job to fill.

One obvious truth, your mother has a daughter who loves her and cares enough to be there for her.

Told my wife your story and we'll both be praying for y'all.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 8:28 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
I LOVE that song! I actually saw Casting Crowns in concert!

I have found it to be especially true for me during all of this. it helped me open up to how i feel so i can try and cope with all the emotions running through me right now.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 8:29 pm

Lene wrote:
Thank God you were there to save your mum! As if the cancer itself wasn't bad enough :( Best of luck to you all *hugs*

Thank you so much Lene.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 8:30 pm

southwestforests wrote:
just-me wrote:
she told me that ... my mom is not the only person here at this hospital.
8O :evil:
Someone needs to be reminded there's other nurses who might like an open job to fill.

One obvious truth, your mother has a daughter who loves her and cares enough to be there for her.

Told my wife your story and we'll both be praying for y'all.

Thank you so much for praying for us. I believe it will help. it also helps me to be able to get such kind responses from all of you. i am very sad about all this. and it helps to talk about it.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 8:37 pm

and to make a sad story worse. we stopped paying the mortgage 2 months ago because we are broke. so eventually we may lose the house.

I'm sad about that because my mom loves this house and it will make it very hard for her to heal because she will be so sad to lose her home.

I know somehow everything will work out and I'm trying my best to stay positive. but i am sad.

My dad said we might move up to a different part of the state so he can find work . but we will only do that when the mortgage company kick's us out. My dad says it will take at least a year for them to kick us out so we have time.

He has his own business but it is failing. and with moms health he cant run it all with only one person. so if we don't get more business soon we will close it down and move somewhere else.

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 9:44 pm

just-me wrote:
and to make a sad story worse. we stopped paying the mortgage 2 months ago because we are broke. so eventually we may lose the house.

I'm sad about that because my mom loves this house and it will make it very hard for her to heal because she will be so sad to lose her home.

I know somehow everything will work out and I'm trying my best to stay positive. but i am sad.

My dad said we might move up to a different part of the state so he can find work . but we will only do that when the mortgage company kick's us out. My dad says it will take at least a year for them to kick us out so we have time.

He has his own business but it is failing. and with moms health he cant run it all with only one person. so if we don't get more business soon we will close it down and move somewhere else.

Around here this would be the point where, "Uhhh, God, you told us you won't give us any more than we can handle: I'm thinking it looks like you have rather more faith in my ability to handle this than I have. Help me here, if you would, kind sir."

Bubbybird
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2009, 10:05 pm

Hi, Southwestforest's wife here.....the main thing I can say to you is continue to be strong for your mom when she can't be. do NOT let them push you away. I agree with the bunk about there being other patients in the hospital, you already knew that but you were most concerned about only 1 at that point.....your mom. Continue to speak up for her until she is well enough to speak for her own. It will probably mean you will be "the bad person" in their eyes but one of my favorite lines to them is If it weren't for me being here(or your mom in this case) they wouldn't be needed so guess you can say I'm paying your salary!! Stay strong and we will pray a hedge of protection around your family, especially your mom right now!!

Dark_Red_Beloved
Toucan
Toucan

18 Dec 2009, 10:20 am

Bubbybird wrote:
Hi, Southwestforest's wife here.....the main thing I can say to you is continue to be strong for your mom when she can't be. do NOT let them push you away. I agree with the bunk about there being other patients in the hospital, you already knew that but you were most concerned about only 1 at that point.....your mom. Continue to speak up for her until she is well enough to speak for her own. It will probably mean you will be "the bad person" in their eyes but one of my favorite lines to them is If it weren't for me being here(or your mom in this case) they wouldn't be needed so guess you can say I'm paying your salary!! Stay strong and we will pray a hedge of protection around your family, especially your mom right now!!

Seconded. It's good you're being courteous when you're able--but preserving your mom's life comes first. And sometimes that will make other people treat you like the bad one,"mean", "pushy" or (and I hate this one) "bitchy". :evil:

But someone they love isn't at great risk.Someone you love is! Take courage and keep going.

I know you can do this!