I don't know how to trust anyone

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

lgm23
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jul 2017, 12:52 am

I was picked on a lot in middle school so I put up a lot of walls to avoid getting hurt. I had one really good friend who helped me to trust people again but then she broke my trust multiple times this year. She wants me to trust her and is angry when I don't but I feel like there no one in the world that's trustworthy. What do I do?

Diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and ADHD

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 2:36 am

The trouble with putting up walls is that it means you literally have no one to watch your back and you can become more vulnerable as a result.

If you decide to be friends with that person again, I think you must first put down some clear ground rules as to what is acceptable to you and what is not.

Maybe it's time to look around for some kindred spirits.
There are still people in the world who are trustworthy.
Trust me on that.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 4:55 am

Just TRY, and move on when the relationship fails... you don't owe anyone your trust, but you can cultivate trust in them by loving them, and if they don't love you enough to try you, then you will just have to let them hate you and wait till they start to love you for letting them go because you were sensitive to their feelings... move on to people that want to be friends with you.