I give up with this physio!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

twinklingstarlight
Raven
Raven

08 Mar 2010, 7:34 pm

Sorry everyone, need a rant.
I'm preparing for my second set of knee surgery, as I've problems with the structure of my legs and as a result my knees often dislocate. During physiotherapy my therapist has identified I've pretty bad problems with a lack of strength in my back, hips, and legs. I've been working so damn hard to get to be strong enough for surgery but it's impossible! I'm sick and tired of physiotherapy and dislocations, this has been going on for over 6 years now and they could have done something to help me a long time ago but they were putting off surgery until the next dislocation, and then the next, and then the next until my body's so messed up I can't bloody do anything any more. I've got problems with all my joints now as a result of being on crutches for years and I've gotten into such a mess.
I suppose the main issue really is my frustration with my lack of ability to do the most basic of physio exercises, and of late I keep falling over and can't get around much.
I just want to be able to get better real soon and fulfill my dreams of hiking as a hobby, but that seems so far away. :(

twinklingstarlight
Raven
Raven

08 Mar 2010, 8:25 pm

sorry, post probably doesn't make much sense. What my problem is is that I'm trying to take control and work on my body but no matter how hard I'm trying I can't seem to get anywhere, and that lack of control is making me really angry. It's messed up so much academically and stopped me from living life how I want to. I know I'm probably extremely fortunate and that there are people a lot worse off than me but it doesn't stop me from being annoyed and feeling helpless. :/

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2010, 10:42 pm

I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed. i wish I knew what to say to make you feel better.

twinklingstarlight
Raven
Raven

09 Mar 2010, 5:39 am

Thanks, I suppose it's kinda hard to know what to say unless you're in that situation yourself. Speaking of which, has anyone been through this kinda thing before? Really could do with a bit of support or a listening ear. :/

lennyk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Mar 2010, 9:15 pm

sorry to hear about your knee issues

knee problems are indeed amongst the worst

Can you do exercise like cycling which doesnt stress the rest of your body ?

I have a bad knee also, initial docs didnt address the main problem years ago and eventually my knee has degenerated over the last few years.

Had major surgery to try and stabilize it last in november. It doesn't get irritated as much before but I will still get pain and have to live with it.

I also went to physio but it was a joke for me since I am pretty fit and the physios are so happy I can do all their stuff and more but that is no use since I still get irritations inside.

my only solace is that for the time being, I know that after a few days it clears up and I get some painfree days. I don't even want to think about those getting less and less though.