Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 12:10 am

So, I'm been trying to calm myself down for the past five minutes, as I just found out that my girlfriend doesn't think our relationship is working out right now. This is like...a shot to the heart. I mean, she is the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. She is the only person that matters to me, and I couldn't stand seeing her with another man, or breaking up with me. I don't know what to do anymore, without her life is meaningless. I can't even make a coherent sentence.

*sigh* I tried posting here, possibly to get my feelings out, but it's not working. I feel like going to sleep tonight, and just staying in bed the rest of my life.

I've noticed a lot of signs, like on her myyearbook.com profile, she's removed all pictures of me, and she doesn't seem to want to talk to me anymore...That and she's talking to other guys a lot more, telling them they're cute/hot etc, getting their phone numbers...

I just...I honestly don't even know how to explain my feelings right now. I'm upset, however part of my brain wants to say "I'm overreacting" however then another part of my brain says "I'm not overreacting."

Last edited by jdcnosse on 21 Aug 2010, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 12:17 am

jdcnosse wrote:
So, I'm been trying to calm myself down for the past five minutes, as I just found out that my girlfriend doesn't think our relationship is working out right now. This is like...a shot to the heart. I mean, she is the person I want to spend the rest of my life with.

Wow, I feel for you. Wish I could do more than that, though.

Did she give you any warning/signs? Not that it matters.

I'm sorry this happened to you. I can say, however, that my bf and I went through stuff like that (we almost broke up a few times) and we still came back to each other. That might happen with you guys, too.

I hope you can calm down and get some sleep. Let us know what happens.

Take care.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 12:26 am

It may all come to an end and will hurt like hell, but even if you break up with this girl don't despair. There are plenty of more girls out there and maybe someone who is a better mach for you. It just f*****g hurts breaking up and being alone, but it's not the end unless you want want it to be.

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 12:40 am

conundrum wrote:
jdcnosse wrote:
So, I'm been trying to calm myself down for the past five minutes, as I just found out that my girlfriend doesn't think our relationship is working out right now. This is like...a shot to the heart. I mean, she is the person I want to spend the rest of my life with.

Wow, I feel for you. Wish I could do more than that, though.

Did she give you any warning/signs? Not that it matters.

I'm sorry this happened to you. I can say, however, that my bf and I went through stuff like that (we almost broke up a few times) and we still came back to each other. That might happen with you guys, too.

I hope you can calm down and get some sleep. Let us know what happens.

Take care.

Well, I've been talking to her best friend, and she (best friend) said that she (girlfriend) hasn't changed from what she can tell. She thinks possibly I'm overreacting...

My girlfriend does like change, so that could explain why she removed all the pictures of me/us together off her social networking profile, and she does like to talk to new people, so that explains why she's talking to different guys. However, she hasn't really been very talkative lately, and my friend (he's dating her best friend) just told me that this is what she said verbatim (minus swear words) (she told it to her best friend, who told it to her boyfriend, who told me):

Quote:
Brenden (some guy from her school): "I don't recall seeing you at school but your cute"
Morgan (my girlfriend): "lol i saw you at school :) thank u though"
Brenden: "haha :) and anytime anytime ive thought it for awhile. i always see your in a relationship but i just said f**k it might as well tell her haha"
Morgan : "lol yea things are not going very good for us anyways lol"

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 1:15 am

Alright...

so after my friend got offline, she got online. We talked for a good 5-10 mins. I feel a little better knowing that we're both on the same page, and that she doesn't necessarily want to dump me for another guy or anything.

Basically we had this same sort of situation back in May (about 2 1/2 months into the relationship). She got really stressed out, really emotionally, and felt that it would be better to be single (in other words she needed some alone time). It's sorta the same thing now. She feels really depressed, and she misses her dad (he went down to AL to help his brother out), and she just needs that alone time again, so she's asked if we could take some time off.

So, it's not necessarily what I wanted, but better than I expected. Unfortunately I always get paranoid and tend to freak out when I don't know what's going on.

We both agree we're friends, and that the main reason for us breaking up wasn't that either one wanted to date someone else (however it could happen, as if we're single then it's fair game)

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 2:08 am

jdcnosse wrote:
Alright...

so after my friend got offline, she got online. We talked for a good 5-10 mins. I feel a little better knowing that we're both on the same page, and that she doesn't necessarily want to dump me for another guy or anything.

Basically we had this same sort of situation back in May (about 2 1/2 months into the relationship). She got really stressed out, really emotionally, and felt that it would be better to be single (in other words she needed some alone time). It's sorta the same thing now. She feels really depressed, and she misses her dad (he went down to AL to help his brother out), and she just needs that alone time again, so she's asked if we could take some time off.

So, it's not necessarily what I wanted, but better than I expected. Unfortunately I always get paranoid and tend to freak out when I don't know what's going on.

We both agree we're friends, and that the main reason for us breaking up wasn't that either one wanted to date someone else (however it could happen, as if we're single then it's fair game)

That sounds a lot like what's happened with me and my bf. Like I said, we got back together every time.

Talking about things openly and honestly is always the best thing--that way, there's no confusion about either person's intentions, which can lead to imagining the worst.

Hope you're feeling better. Take care.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 2:14 am

conundrum wrote:
jdcnosse wrote:
Alright...

That sounds a lot like what's happened with me and my bf. Like I said, we got back together every time.

Talking about things openly and honestly is always the best thing--that way, there's no confusion about either person's intentions, which can lead to imagining the worst.

Hope you're feeling better. Take care.

Thanks :) I agree, talking about it is the best thing, however I wasn't going to pressure her to tell me if she wasn't quite ready (like if she was afraid of hurting my feelings)

n4mwd
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 6:29 am

Just curious, but when is the last time you and your GF were in the same room together? Facebook and all is great, but no substitute for wrapping your arms around her. If you really want to marry her, tell her that. See what she says. Yes or no, at least you'll know where she stands.

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 10:59 am

n4mwd wrote:
Just curious, but when is the last time you and your GF were in the same room together? Facebook and all is great, but no substitute for wrapping your arms around her. If you really want to marry her, tell her that. See what she says. Yes or no, at least you'll know where she stands.

Thursday evening was the last time I saw her. Surprising thing is, we were "intimate" that night, in the back of my van lol

But she already knows that I want to marry her, and that I just need a ring to do it (and I'm not going to use no $50 walmart ring)

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 11:43 am

Sorry to hear this, and that it was such a blow for you.

Remember it's just emotion. You might feel broken NOW at the idea of splitting with her, but in time the feelings will fade and she'll be just another woman. Just another member of the human race.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

n4mwd
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 3:15 pm

jdcnosse wrote:
Thursday evening was the last time I saw her. Surprising thing is, we were "intimate" that night, in the back of my van lol

Women don't usually have sex with guys they hate. She may have just been messing with her privacy settings and accidentally shut you out.

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 4:54 pm

n4mwd wrote:
jdcnosse wrote:

Women don't usually have sex with guys they hate. She may have just been messing with her privacy settings and accidentally shut you out.

Actually, I'm pretty sure she meant to delete my/our pics from her profile, to make herself appear single possibly. Or it's just cuz I'm ugly lol

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 11:18 am

I'm still not really sure of her motives. I could be seriously over thinking/overreacting, which i tend to do a lot. Like, she changed her Facebook to say single (which I don't know why it hurt me since I knew we already weren't dating anymore, but she's not very active on Facebook). Her MyYearbook profile is far more active, and it still says In A Relationship, and she claims she's just too busy to change it. Then there was the whole thing on Thursday night, which I liked granted, but it's just got me confused.

I guess I just want to be prepared if her plan is to actively start dating again (which I don't think it is because her and her best friend have both told me I'm the best boyfriend she's ever had), but if that was her plan, like I said I would just want to be prepared, so that I don't go into an outwardly depressive slump the first time I see her. If she is going to start dating, I still want to be friends because she's such an amazing person, so even if I don't get all the intimacy (sex, hugs/kisses, etc) of a relationship, I still want to have her in my life as a friend, someone I can talk to and hang out with, as I don't really have many friends that I actually hang out with.