Is Aspergers the worst thing in the world?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Aspergers is the worst condition in the world?
Strongly Agree 40%  40%  [ 6 ]
Agree 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Some what agree 60%  60%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 15

Dark_Lord_2008
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2011, 10:41 am

Aspergers is this dark evil force that has destroyed my life.

Because of Aspergers I am unemployable loser who despite completing a college degree. I could not even get a job in fast food or retail let alone the field I studied in. Thousands of job applications and not a solitary interview. I have stated I have Aspergers on my resume/CV and I go into a long discusion trying to explain how Aspergers has adversely impacted my life and no one seems to give me a fair go.

Seriously I look like the Elephant man because of Aspergers. Aspergers is to blame for all the bad things internally and externally destroying my life. I am the ugliest person in the world and I know this due to my personal experience of being rejected on online daing sites and not getting any responses let alone a date from the sites.

Having Aspergers is a nightmare and is a living hell. Seriously cancer can not be worse than having Aspergers. Aspergers results in a potential long life time of pain and suffering. I have tried psychologists, psychiatrists, medications and cognitive behavioural therapy but none of it has ever worked or helped my Aspergers.

Very slow painful death is what Aspergers is all about.

Last edited by Dark_Lord_2008 on 28 Nov 2011, 11:06 am, edited 8 times in total.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 10:42 am

:roll:

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 11:00 am

Ohh, looks like the title doesn't say "Asperger's is worse than cancer" anymore, nice editing.

BTW, if you're having a poll, you need a "Disagree" option.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 11:08 am

IDK what to say to this... so all I'll say is boob

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 11:10 am

Gosh, that's a lot of edits.

I don't think you can say things like 'it's worse than cancer' - everyone deals with different things differently, so it's futile to compare them in this way.

There's no point undermining someone else's suffering by saying your individual situation is worse than theirs.

Vince
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 11:13 am

Dark_Lord_2008 wrote:
Seriously cancer can not be worse than having Aspergers.

My father had Cancer. Leukemia. He died just about a month before I turned 12 (if my math is correct - my memory is certainly a bit blurry at this point). He had been sick for six years. That's half my then life spent watching my dad basically slowly wither away. He's been dead for half my life now (I'm 24). Did having asperger traits help me cope? Not particularly, no, but I assure you if my life was rewinded and I had to choose between my father not getting cancer and me being neurotypical, I wouldn't for a nanosecond hesitate to make the obvious choice of saving my dad.
In short, you have no idea what you're talking about.
So your an aspie, yeah, it's tricky, but make the best of it. Find your skill. Think outside the box. It's kind of a thing. It's hard work, but you can't do that with cancer.

Last edited by Vince on 28 Nov 2011, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 11:14 am

I can think of things that are worse than Asperger's. Anything that would make me completely dependent on others ... like paralysis; and anything involving pain; physical pain scares me.
That's not to mitigate how you feel though. It is a huge struggle trying to cope with ASD; it makes everything harder. You are not just your Asperger's though, you are a person as well.
I hope things get better for you; I know it's hard.

Ria1989
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2011, 11:41 am

Ann2011 wrote:
I can think of things that are worse than Asperger's. Anything that would make me completely dependent on others ... like paralysis; and anything involving pain; physical pain scares me.
That's not to mitigate how you feel though. It is a huge struggle trying to cope with ASD; it makes everything harder. You are not just your Asperger's though, you are a person as well.
I hope things get better for you; I know it's hard.

One of my good friends is paralyzed from the neck down. When I complain about my problems, I get the feeling that he wants to say something to the extent of me needing to get over them because they aren't so terrible compared to his. I think that because my problems aren't as visible or physical apparent, they don't "appear" to be as harmful.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 11:53 am

Dark_Lord_2008 wrote:
Aspergers is this dark evil force that has destroyed my life.

Seriously I look like the Elephant man because of Aspergers. Aspergers is to blame for all the bad things internally and externally destroying my life. I am the ugliest person in the world and I know this due to my personal experience of being rejected on online daing sites and not getting any responses let alone a date from the sites.

No I am the ugliest in the world-I have people in person turn away from me and not want to talk to me in person-I may be on the autism spectrum but I know what it means when someone turns away from you.Thats one reason I always look down so people don't look at my face and get repulsed. :cry:
I have put stuff on the online dating sites also and no responses-I had another aspie who I thought we were progressing toward a deeper relationship throw me away and have sex with another person on the first date after we had been hanging out for over a year and I thought it was going good and they said it was an age difference thing but it really was- admitted to me- "oh no its your looks and personality" talk about a kick in the gut. :cry:

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 12:00 pm

Ohh, let me have a go!

I'm the ugliest person in the world! I make peoples' faces melt before they've even seen me! I blame my Asperger's for making me bang my toe into the table yesterday! CURSE MY ASPERGER'S FOR CAUSING SO MUCH PAIN. The whole world is hell when my toe hurts that badly! I get rejected by my own BlackBerry! Just yesterday it refused to get my e-mails because it apparently had "low battery". WHAT IS THIS INJUSTICE?

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 12:19 pm

There is no Disagree option, so I'm not answering this. All I can say is that if you can manage it, Asperger's is awesome.

ictus75
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2011, 12:24 pm

While Aspergers is a challenge, there are many others challenges that people have. But to each of us, our own challenges are worse than anyone else's, because they are ours. Aspergers, while not a visible thing, can be very painful to live with. I have lived with this internal pain my whole life. I struggle with it everyday. But I can't get rid of Aspergers, as it is a part of me, a part of who I am. So I just try and do the best I can everyday.

DreamSofa
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Nov 2011, 12:46 pm

Asp-Z, please marry me and have my children.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 12:48 pm

DreamSofa wrote:
Asp-Z, please marry me and have my children.

You've made me the happiest man on WP! :lol:

TB
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 12:52 pm

aspergers can be the best and worst thing, depending on circumstances.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 1:32 pm

Asperger's sucks for people like me but it's definitely not worse than cancer. Cancer is probably the worst thing one can be saddled with really. That or AIDS.