Let's Hear About Your Christmas - Good or Bad

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Rob-N4RPS
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Dec 2011, 8:32 pm

Hello, Fellow Aspies.

With my having spent my so many Christmases alone or otherwise deprived of family, to me, it has become just another day that you live for to end.

This year was no exception. There is someone In my life that might have offered comfort, but that person is unavailable, so no Christmas wishes or condolences from that corner. Most of my relatives had other plans this year (as they do most years), but least we had some neighbors come over, and since my nephew cooked dinner, it all became a party for his friends, as he manages to usurp any gathering we havefor himself.

Of course, once again, I hope that by some miracle, next year will be different.

OK, there was mine... How about some of yours?

Merry Christmas to All!

Rob

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 8:35 pm

i think we always put too much hope on one day and end up disappointed when it turns out to be just as crap as every other day. only have ourselves to blame mr.rob

but next christmas will be awesome!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 8:40 pm

It was alright I guess, better than usual actually.......I must have done something right the past week because I am not feeling as gloomy as usual.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 9:04 pm

my husband and i got each other books and spent the day reading them.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 10:02 pm

I had a nice christmas this year it turned out better than I thought it would My brother-in-law came home from the place he lives in now ( a Residental for people with Huntington's Disease)
and it was quite a good day we had our lunch before he got there as he can't eat without choking then we opened our presents after that we went home.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 10:15 pm

My Christmas started out nicely. I got everything that I wanted. It was relaxing until supper time. My past got the better of me when my niece wouldn't eat her supper and she was having a meltdown. I'm better now that I've had a few minutes to myself. I had to get away from the commotion by taking my dog, Chico for a long walk.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 10:26 pm

My Christmas Day was good this year, but Christmas Eve wasn't one to remember.
Last year's Christmas was a disaster, and the year before was lonely.

Rob-N4RPS
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Dec 2011, 10:41 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
i think we always put too much hope on one day and end up disappointed when it turns out to be just as crap as every other day. only have ourselves to blame mr.rob

OK. Whatever you say. While you're at it, go ahead and blame me for a few other things, too.

but next christmas will be awesome!

I can't argue with that; the best Christmas is always the one that is to come.

Merry Christmas to All!

Rob

anonymous-shyster
Raven
Raven

25 Dec 2011, 11:11 pm

Rubbish. Like most things with Christ suffixed to them.

Yumeji
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Dec 2011, 1:43 am

I tried baking a loaf of pumpkin bread for a family Christmas dinner my boyfriend and I were planning to attend--note: I never bake or cook. However, after 70 minutes had passed, the bread was still raw inside (I suspect our oven may be on its last legs as it does this with other foods) and was very disappointed. I decided to take a nap to get my mind off the disappointment before getting ready since we were suppose to leave the house at 6 PM; however, my boyfriend decided not to wake me up until 10 minutes before we had to leave (5:50 PM). I had no time to shower, put makeup on, style my hair, pick out an outfit--so I was very anxious, annoyed and rushing to get ready. Then he told me to not bother going if I was going to be angry the entire time which started an argument. In addition, he said he wasn't expecting me to attend the family dinner anyway (premeditated? fulfilling prophecy?). Suffice to say, 10 minutes later he went to the dinner without me while I was alone at home for Christmas. :(

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 5:30 am

I had a very good Christmas. I got up early to cook steak dinner for my wife who was just getting off an overnight shift, got some nice loot, spent time with my family later in the day, and came home to get a little gaming and posting in while my wife is back at work for her second overnight. It kind of sucks that she had to work over the holiday weekend, but I got stuck with it last year and she gets some astronomical multiplier to her union scale for working a weekend holiday overnight, so we'll be well compensated for the hassle.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 6:25 am

it was likely the best xmas ive had. yet still i was down for most of the time. guess it shows how most of my days have been

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 7:21 am

lets see;

too much time spent with too many people in the morning.
then a lovely quiet afternoon/evening with my favourite person.
& in the evening too chilling online with my 2 favourite people.

overall, not so bad at all.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 8:38 am

emlion wrote:
lets see;

too much time spent with too many people in the morning.
then a lovely quiet afternoon/evening with my favourite person.
& in the evening too chilling online with my 2 favourite people.

overall, not so bad at all.

:D

Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 8:45 am

The Christmas I had last year was probably the best. This year my GF is interstate and next Christmas I will be overseas. So I had a bit of a lonely moment. I did however enjoy my Christmas, always great to see my nephews rip into their presents with reckless abandon.

Merry Christmas to all.

Was not spoken of the soul.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 8:55 pm

Not very good. I was a dud at some family gatherings, my mom got mad at me because of that. We got into a couple of arguments and now we dont want to talk to each other now.