Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2012, 11:35 am

I'm getting really confused. I'm an over thinker- well really which Aspie isn't- and it caused me serious problems. To cut a long story short my psychologist had instructed me to only do things I enjoy and to stop saying to myself I should do something if I don't actually have to e.g. I should do homework but I don't have to read a book.
That's the theory but in practise I'm confused. In the winter I often get quite down but this year with an official diagnosis of depression it's been harder, I don't really feel like doing anything.
Normally I enjoy writing, in particular fanfics to do with my special interest but at the moment I feel very little drive to do so. The interest I have is not a very strong one and it is only really held together by my writing and a few things I'm reading.
So should I be making myself write because I do normally enjoy it and because the idea of not finishing it makes me anxious, or should I not do it- and quite frankly not do anything- because I don't really want to.

Oops! Second time I've pasted something and its been the wrong thing! For those who read it this is what it was meant to say!

Last edited by PixieXW on 20 Dec 2012, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 11:36 am

eh? :?