The internet HATES me...

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

MutelyAware
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 May 2013, 4:49 pm

I don't know why but when it comes to me and websites, I'm not always taken in the right way.
It first happened during the end of last year, I was on yahoo answers trying to solve people's problems but instead all I've seemed to have done is make matters worse ending up in being put straight in the middle by two adults who by the sounds of it were both in their late thirties, being yelled and moaned at all because I was trying to discuss my opinion of what the true meaning of christmas meant to me. (pretty soppy, I know) but then after it has gradually become more and more worser as the judging has now moved on from yahoo to youtube, from twitter to cheezeburger and straight down to...-gulp-....childline

I just don't know what it is with people and the horrible things they constantly come out with...
for some reason now that this have started to happen I have somehow now got it driven into my mind that people are going to start contiuning to treat me like that even in the real world!

If only I knew some sort of good plan to help me cope with all of the stuff the internet has to offer.

(Also just so you guy are informed I am completely aware that events like this will defiently happen and I can't expect anyone to like me because this is the internet and you'll end up getting things like this from various people.)

I just hope i'm not the only one who has dealt with problems like this before. :oops:

Sorry.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 4:55 pm

You're not the only one. I tend to say the wrong things in real life and on the internet and get my as* handed to me. Since that's definitely an aspie thing for some of us (social awkwardness), we can't win.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 5:09 pm

you were trying to have a discussion on all the moron hang outs

not too surprising

MutelyAware
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 May 2013, 5:14 pm

Yeah, I sort of figured that one.

Cilantro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 May 2013, 5:19 pm

The Internet is a place where teenagers as well as grown men and women join fan communities for TV shows... and then get very, very angry that the wrong kind of robot romance is having fanfiction written about it. The way I see it, there are many people who just aren't worth noticing unless you're me and want to write exactly the kind of robot romance everyone except a few devoted fans hate to rustle some jimmies for fun.

Think about all this for a minute. Just sit there and think about some of the things you've seen people get angry about on the Internet, and then think of grown women angry about the wrong cartoon robots falling in love. Can you respect yourself if you actually take all this junk seriously? I can't.

If someone online can present a thoughtful criticism or admonishment they may be right, but otherwise I suggest you join me in amusement or at least in ignoring it. If an interaction starts to become ridiculous, then disengage before you start to become ridiculous yourself. Sometimes it's them, and even the most socially suave person can't salvage it.

MutelyAware
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 May 2013, 5:31 pm

I wish I would be able to take your very wise and true words of advice seriously I really do, but as you can see from the way I have written it I seem to be in a state of moderate depression and high anxiety, and I know we all understand that it's not that easy for me or anyone else.

(Hopefully that didn't sound snobby...) :(

Cilantro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 May 2013, 5:38 pm

MutelyAware wrote:
I wish I would be able to take your very wise and true words of advice seriously I really do, but as you can see from the way I have written it I seem to be in a state of moderate depression and high anxiety, and I know we all understand that it's not that easy for me or anyone else.

(Hopefully that didn't sound snobby...) :(

I understand, but really the focal point of my post was that as awkward as you believe yourself to be many people on the Internet aren't much better and there really isn't as much inferiority or blame going on as you might think (not as long as you inspect what you say, anyway). It becomes easier to put into perspective when you do back off and see that the world doesn't end, they don't suddenly become the kinds and queens of the Internet, few people you'll respect online take the ones ranting with capslock on seriously, and your life goes on.

Last edited by Cilantro on 05 May 2013, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MutelyAware
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 May 2013, 5:41 pm

Yeah, I understand.

MutelyAware
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 May 2013, 5:59 pm

I just wish I could get the whole "Oh no, now that it's happening on the internet I'm bound to get this type of treatment elsewhere" part out of my head :(