First day of university has passed

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Highly_Autistic
Toucan
Toucan

23 Sep 2019, 11:48 am

It has passed. I feel tired a bit.

School: there was only 1 lecture today. I got nervous sometimes. I feel like a loser around people, this happened too. Feeling inferior to other people leads to depression and nervousness. Other people at my age have self confidence and life energy. I dont have that. I look like a loser

Public transport: i felt kind of anxious as usual. I didnt check my phone or something,just stood there and waited for journey to end.

I doubt if i can continue but time will tell that. Sorry for my bad english

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2019, 12:09 pm

I hope you do continue.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2019, 1:10 pm

Take it one day at a time. The strange becomes familiar. Be proud of your achievements, each day. I am glad you posted about your first day.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2019, 11:11 am

I think I know your country.

You had to do very well in high school to get into university.

So I feel like you have the skills to do well in university.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2019, 11:19 am

Continue getting your education. Eat healthy, exercise and understand this: that feeling you have is in your own head.
You have the freedom to remain in your own head but you have to drop the negative thinking. Even the journey you take is your own. Be kind to what is yours and be grateful for what God has given you. Just as a person can judge you, you can judge them right back without even thinking of yourself or criticizing yourself. If you owned your own house and could afford to change your uncomfortable furniture, wouldn't you change it. It doesn't cost any money to drop the nasty habit of feeling inferior to others. It's a "habit". It's a bad habit. Habits aren't based on truth. It's just a thing that we as humans seem to do. God bless and keep you and know that other people need to drop their bad habits too. The worst bad habit that other people do is to act superior to others. Their bad habit inspired your bad habit. STOP and know you are a beloved child of God. :heart:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2019, 11:28 am

The OP has actually done very well to even GET into university.

He has to take an entrance examination. If he goes to a private university, the medium of instruction is in English, German, or French, usually.

I feel like he's a very intelligent guy, and that he will succeed in university.

Highly_Autistic
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2019, 4:52 am

Thanks for your comments. I hope things dont get worse in my life

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2019, 7:00 am

You show a lot of courage just showing up. All those unpleasant feeling must suck, but when they show up remember why you want to do this.

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2019, 8:20 am

I would like to say it will get better and you will fit in and make heaps of friends. I experienced endless isolation and I did not fit in at college and I did not make any friends. I just focused on just passing my college degree. Being introverted and always being nervous and anxious made High School and College lonely experiences. For some of us with extreme Aspergers, we never overcome our introversion and remain alone.

If you have mild or moderate Aspergers/Autism you may have less anxiety and less nervousness and may have a chance of fitting in but it will be a lot of effort and energy. Having Autism/Aspergers makes social interactions difficult because it increases anxiety levels. It is hard saying the right thing or giving off the right vibe/feelings that attract the extroverts.

Do you want to tell everyone you have Aspergers/Autism and want tout up with negative reactions or more than likely rejection? That may make you feel worse, more anxious and more nervous. Honesty comes at a cost, people may hate you for it and will never accept you.