Help my dad found out today i wasnt taking it.

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 5:30 pm

help my dad caught me spitting out 2 drugs i never took before.
i should have honest about it from the get go, well, my dad is an ***hole, now hes talking like hes gonna have mom start making phone calls

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 5:32 pm

he was pissed and doesnt listen to reason just his own bigotry

martin_nyc
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Mar 2007, 5:55 pm

OK, there's gonna be a bit of a sh**storm. No problem, ride it out. If your folks are like mine they're worried about you and if they're humans they get mad when they're lied to. But they'll get over it. I've been in therapy for about a decade, some good docs, some not so good, and I've been on loads of different meds. But the doc's gotta know whether or not you're taking your meds. If there's a reason you're not taking them bring that up to the doc. There's always another way. Don't panic.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 6:05 pm

THe reason is there frying my brain.
now my mom is talking like i wont go to all the holistic things i need to heal myself.
i was in a psych repeatly because of this junk and i dont want to go back. everytime i take one, it does something to me bad that precepitates a return.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

30 Mar 2007, 6:14 pm

If she's not taking you to the things that will heal yourself over this, she's not doing the right thing. If by 'everytime i take one, it does something to me bad that precepitates a return', the 'taken one' is the drug you're supposed to take and the 'return' is you taking the unknown drugs, then I think you should bring that up and say you don't think they're for you.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 6:45 pm

my mom is procceding to tell all my relatives, thus making it so i dont have anyone to turn to,
i hate my family
they were abusive to me in the past, i ran away to college to get away, only to be forced back home by some mysterious ailement mostly endocrilogical). they royal screwed up treating it and its been four years of hell eversince,
they contiounsly sabatage every attempt i make to make myself well and functional

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

30 Mar 2007, 6:52 pm

Hmm, have you ever pointed this out to them?

It sucks when life can be hell, even though I haven't truly experienced it. Other WP members have gone through a similar ordeal as you have.

(Also, try not to do anything so that they take away your internet)

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 8:23 pm

well there pissed but no phone calls

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 9:16 pm

hyperion wrote:
..., i ran away to college ...

From this line, I'm assuming that you are an adult. Your parents have NO right to force you to take drugs.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 9:29 am

calandale wrote:
hyperion wrote:

From this line, I'm assuming that you are an adult. Your parents have NO right to force you to take drugs.

but they have the right to throw me in the street completely messesed up unable to work go school drive keep up an apartement, they do they thats the end of my recovery

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 9:38 am

calandale wrote:
hyperion wrote:

no they just get the state to do it for them, all they have do is call someone say im acting strange and im off my "meds" and i am doing something vaguely illict like harrassing them, wich whatever they say it is not the legal standard, and im back in a pscych being forced to take some junk wich could kill me, nearly did last time

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 9:49 am

I was thinking, could the ACLU do anything for you?

martin_nyc
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Mar 2007, 11:08 am

Maybe you can tell your parents and your doctor that you're afraid to take psych medication. Maybe there are options that will have less harmful side effects. But you said you haven't even tried the pills you were supposed to be taking? You've got to be willing to give it a shot. Not everyone that hands out a pill is Nurse Ratchet. Do you have a problem with your doctor? You can bring that up to your parents. Do it as calmly as you can, write it out as a letter if you think it will help. Say that you would like to try a different doctor. They know that there isn't going to be a magic pill or great moment of clarity where everything's normal. Just let them know that you want things to be better for you and for them but you feel like you don't have any say.

Give them another chance. They need information from you. They don't understand...as you've stated, so help them understand. Don't run away.

Warren
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Mar 2007, 6:33 pm

Do you not have rights as a patient under the US mental health system then????

I there not a robust criteria for assessment for hospital admissions to protect patient interests?? otherwise anyone could be locked up on a whim of lies.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 6:39 pm

hyperion wrote:
calandale wrote:
hyperion wrote:

no they just get the state to do it for them, all they have do is call someone say im acting strange and im off my "meds" and i am doing something vaguely illict like harrassing them, wich whatever they say it is not the legal standard, and im back in a pscych being forced to take some junk wich could kill me, nearly did last time

Crap - you're under their custody then? You can't just skip away somewhere and do the homeless thing? Because I've often considered that as a possible escape - I don't want anyone destroying my mind.

I'm guessing that they are very worried though. The doctors probably convinced your parents that you HAVE to take the drugs. There are probably doctors who will agree with your take - if you can find one of them, they might well help convince your folks that your stance is the correct one.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 6:46 pm

martin_nyc wrote:
Maybe you can tell your parents and your doctor that you're afraid to take psych medication. Maybe there are options that will have less harmful side effects. But you said you haven't even tried the pills you were supposed to be taking? You've got to be willing to give it a shot. Not everyone that hands out a pill is Nurse Ratchet. Do you have a problem with your doctor? You can bring that up to your parents. Do it as calmly as you can, write it out as a letter if you think it will help. Say that you would like to try a different doctor. They know that there isn't going to be a magic pill or great moment of clarity where everything's normal. Just let them know that you want things to be better for you and for them but you feel like you don't have any say.

Give them another chance. They need information from you. They don't understand...as you've stated, so help them understand. Don't run away.

i have tried both in the past both nearly killed me. one gave me a siezure and killed of my ability to do math and be analitical, the other made me not sleep for 2 and a half months.