I feel like I don't fit into society anymore

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 6:21 pm

I used to play a lot of games and try to rank myself with other people. After I began volunteering to help others I felt a greater sense of fitting in.

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2009, 9:53 pm

Thanks for the advice, everybody! It's nice to see that I'm not alone with this issue. :D

ladybug7
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Apr 2009, 6:25 pm

I have pretty much dropped out of society. I stay at home except for doctor appointments.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 11:00 pm

People nowadays are like heards of sheep, they can't form their own opinion about things, they have to do what is popular. If you don't follow sports, talk about your kids all the time, watch American Idol, wear name brand clothes, or listen to the current music hits, you aren't popular. I have found out, that if you do what you love, intstead of following everyone else, you will be much happier.

Dee_
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Apr 2009, 3:25 am

I do my own thing in spite what society says what is popular, normal or the 'in' thing to do... That is for those who need those things to define their self worth, social status and feed their competitive behavior, pet their egos and feed their dependency types of mental states....

I go to work, when I have a job, go to a park or some other place where I can get out with nature stuff... pretty much else is me being alone, currently with my kids and soon to be ex... soon it will be just me... look forward but at the same time, dreading the different type of situation I will have to adapt to...

I prefer to be around a fw people but not excessiveness... My ex is an Aspie and she is doing her thing all the time while I do mine... Would be ideal to be with another Autie/Aspie and pretty much be isolated more or less from the consumeristic culture that seems so fake and illogical... such impulsiveness displayed like wares at a flea market that is spewed out of hollywood, television and advertisements from corporations...

I do realise I need to be around people but it is not to be around those that are so caught up into what everyone else is doing... I can sit in a room for 4 hours and listen to one song over and over again, be left to stem and I am understood...

Wonder if it is against the law if I were to advertise for a roommate wanted, but a requirement is they have to be an autie/aspie?