Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 4:27 pm

I went to my very first house party without my family. House parties aren't usually appealing to me, but this one was for people belonging to a social group I'm currently very active in, the furry fandom. A good friend of mine and I have been trying to meet all the local furries from around here, but most of our efforts have been in vain. I admit that as a people, they can be a bit crude, but I've stopped hinging on the presumption that a person's less savory aspects defines them as a person. I really felt comfortable with these guys and I talked quite a lot. They were all great people and I can't wait til I get to hang out with them again.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1UBBfzwd9c&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

Is anyone willing to describe their first house party? Or how a recent one went?

Dae
Toucan
Toucan

28 Nov 2011, 7:24 pm

I used to go to 'house parties' when I lived in the swamp in Florida. :) Those were great! A bunch of red-necky, backwoods kinda folk who preferred making bonfires in their yards to cook up the oysters (that is, whenever we weren't just eating 'em raw) and leaving plenty of room for any 'weird' behavior (just the right atmosphere for an Aspie, right?).

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 5:14 pm

Oh. I live in Northeast Florida, so I know what those are like.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 6:42 pm

Looks like you had a lot of fun and pretty ballsy. The furry thing makes me think of a bunch of school mascots. :)

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 8:00 pm

glad you had fun shenlong. I quite like my house parties, my last one went a bit pete tong - i can't hold my drink no more :oops:

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 12:08 am

sluice wrote:
Looks like you had a lot of fun and pretty ballsy. The furry thing makes me think of a bunch of school mascots. :)

It can be like that. We get confused for mascots when not among furries or at cons. Most of the people there lacked suits.