Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 10:42 am

Magnus_Rex wrote:
Fnord wrote:
To revive the old "Was Tesla an Aspie?" meme.
Oh, that. Well, I have another hypothesis: was Tesla a time-traveller?

Not bloody likely. Retrograde time-travel is prohibited by the Principle of Causality - The cause must occur before the effect. Thus, you can not have the "arrival" of a time-traveler occurring before his future "departure", so there is no possibility that Nicola Tesla came from the future (especially since there are records of his birth...)

Quote:
Nikola Tesla was born on 10 July (O.S. 28 June) 1856 to Serb parents in the village of Smiljan, Austrian Empire (modern-day Croatia). His father, Milutin Tesla, was a priest of the Serbian Orthodox Church. Tesla's mother, Đuka Tesla (née Mandić), whose father was also a Serbian Orthodox priest, had a talent for making home craft tools and for memorizing many Serbian epic poems, even though she had never learned how to read. Tesla's progenitors were from Western Serbia, near Montenegro.

Since there are records of his birth, it is invalid to claim that he was any more of a prograde time-traveler than anyone else - we all travel through time at the rate of one second per second.

Nicola Tesla was just a very smart guy who had no aptitude for business, and who thus could not compete with other very smart guys who did (Thomas Edison, George Westinghouse, Charles Steinmetz, Alexander Bell, et cetera...)

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 10:44 am

The time-traveller "hypothesis" was a joke. :lol:

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 3:12 am

What strikes me about Tesla is that, like a lot of Aspies, he was often taken advantage of by more worldly, less morally principled people like Edison.
I was just flitting around the internet tonight, when I thought I'd look up Tesla - and I happened to come to this old WP thread, and couldn't resist commenting!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

arianwinnie
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Apr 2014, 1:20 pm

deleted

arianwinnie
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jun 2020, 1:39 am

I think Tesla was the greatest scientist who ever lived, and he didn't have Asperger's Syndrome like us lol.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2020, 7:57 am

arianwinnie wrote:
I think Tesla was the greatest scientist who ever lived, and he didn't have Asperger's Syndrome like us lol.
Too bad he didn't pay his bills and died virtually penniless.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheRedPedant93
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2020, 8:09 am

Pretty sure he was more likely to have had synesthesia (one non-autistic neurodivergency) as opposed to AS. What can be ascertained for an overlooked scientist like himself is that he wasn't neurotypical. He won't even bother to look down from the metaphysical realms to visualize the thick mire of global macroeconomic and geopolitical instability that has pervaded the earth for decades that he presumably foresaw.

Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 1 out of 200
Alexithymia Questionnaire: 166/185 AQ: 49/50 EQ: 9/80