Page 3 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 10:09 am

AnotherKind wrote:
CrystalStars wrote:
I re-read the posts after your initial post on appearance, and it seems you were the first one to mention anything to do with it. I certainly never mentioned judging her based solely on he appearance, so I have no idea where you're getting that from.

First of all, i was talking generally and didn't mentioned any post of yours. Why did you thought i was talking about you?
2nd, please tell me the reason why you don't think she wasn't on the spectrum. I just want to know more! threads are meant to be debated.

I apologize, I should have been clearer. I didn't mean me specifically, I was referring to the other posters of this thread (myself included) in general.

Last edited by CrystalStars on 21 Sep 2012, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 10:10 am

If you would like to post the link to an article that states why she has AS, I'd be happy to respond to it.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 10:16 am

Saying she had AS based solely on the OP's reasons is ridiculous.

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 10:17 am

Just found a list
http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/pu ... 2086.shtml
It is speculated that she had aspergers, i guess because at that time it wasn't any test available.

I don't know any other article, that's why i asked previously.

Australia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Sep 2012, 10:19 am

CrystalStars wrote:
Saying she had AS based solely on the OP's reasons is ridiculous.

i believe she did have it ive read alot of articles about her and other speculative famous people. this article is my favourite not just about her but alot of others.

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=Hrz ... me&f=false

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 10:24 am

Can't really find anything detailing why she supposedly has AS. Based on her instability and personal decisions though I'd say Borderline personality disorder is far more probable than AS.

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 10:26 am

Yeah, she had aspergers. thread closed :lol:

Australia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Sep 2012, 10:34 am

AnotherKind wrote:
Yeah, she had aspergers. thread closed :lol:

this :wink:

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 10:38 am

This has really gotten out of hand.
I mean the DXing of deceased celebrities. Don't we have enough problems getting an accurate DX when we are alive and (somewhat) well? The list just keeps expanding, and it's getting ridiculous. Every famous person who ever displayed any eccentric behavior was AS. Could we please stop this armchair DXing?

(Except of course for H.P. Lovecraft who was most definitely an ASpie.)

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 11:22 am

Australia wrote:
AnotherKind wrote:
It might be possible. I hate the belief that people with autism must have an unpleasant look or have to wear glasses.
In some interviews she seemed so spaced-out and very shy. But keep in mind that she had a troubled childhood also.
And was under medication.

im 6'3 blue eyed, muscular and i consider myself good looking (alot of people have told me so) . noone would ever pick me as having aspergers. Also i am going to get into acting very soon. so my point is of course not! and i do honestly believe marilyn monroe might have had it.

I actually read somewhere that most aspergers people are meant to be good looking (:

Yeah, it's fairly weird if you look "normal" and have Aspergers. You avoid a lot of problems in some ways, and gain some others. I think a lot of my problems socially are because I don't "match." They'll see someone fairly attractive (well people have even suggested I do modelling, wtf to me) wearing "preppy" clothes (that I paid like 50c for at Salvation Army) and think I must be really "cool" or something, then I open my mouth and start talking about Italodisco, old double edged safety razors, or Toyota 5MGE motors, and they start distancing themselves. Also, I'm fairly outgoing, but still (apparently) quite socially awkward, so it's a fun combo.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 11:25 am

AnotherKind wrote:
Dillogic wrote:
In the book, The Science of Evil by Cohen (that ASD expert), he puts her as an example of Borderline PD. No mention of her at all near the ASD section in said book.

(I don't even know who she is, but I recall such from the book.)

They are just speculations. Even some of the 'professional' diagnoses are merely speculations.

Well SBC is the self proclaimed god of Aspergers.

But in the end, all ASD diagnosis is subjective because it's a psychiatric and not neurological eval. Even though I fit the ASD/HFA type quite well (and have had multiple social workers/psychs agree I have it,) I find NVLD a much easier diagnosis to deal with it, as it's a cut and dry neurological diagnosis, with no room for subjectivity, and it's much easier to explain to people. I also had a social worker, when I told her that, tell me I thought that way because I had Aspergers.

Australia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Sep 2012, 12:20 pm

1000Knives wrote:
Australia wrote:
AnotherKind wrote:
It might be possible. I hate the belief that people with autism must have an unpleasant look or have to wear glasses.
In some interviews she seemed so spaced-out and very shy. But keep in mind that she had a troubled childhood also.
And was under medication.

im 6'3 blue eyed, muscular and i consider myself good looking (alot of people have told me so) . noone would ever pick me as having aspergers. Also i am going to get into acting very soon. so my point is of course not! and i do honestly believe marilyn monroe might have had it.

I actually read somewhere that most aspergers people are meant to be good looking (:

Yeah, it's fairly weird if you look "normal" and have Aspergers. You avoid a lot of problems in some ways, and gain some others. I think a lot of my problems socially are because I don't "match." They'll see someone fairly attractive (well people have even suggested I do modelling, wtf to me) wearing "preppy" clothes (that I paid like 50c for at Salvation Army) and think I must be really "cool" or something, then I open my mouth and start talking about Italodisco, old double edged safety razors, or Toyota 5MGE motors, and they start distancing themselves. Also, I'm fairly outgoing, but still (apparently) quite socially awkward, so it's a fun combo.

yeah lol i know what u mean, these days i just wear what everyone else does (sometimes)

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 12:41 pm

CrystalStars wrote:
She's dead. All this thread can ever be is speculation.

Thank you for spotting the elephant in the room.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 1:29 pm

Why would anyone care if a dead celebrity they never knew had it or not? :roll:

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 1:47 pm

Because here almost everybody is talking about dead celebrities. But the ones that don't spare their EGOs, can't share the same label.
Simply because they are not as cool or interesting or smart or weird or ... as Einstein or any bright celebrity was.

This shows how biased people are.

PS. dead or undead they all lived on this planet and after all they were humans

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 1:59 pm

AnotherKind wrote:
Because here almost everybody is talking about dead celebrities. dead or undead they all lived on this planet and after all they were humans

Not everybody here. It's just that the subject keeps coming up.

It's a cottage industry, of sorts.