Did you ever wonder what youd be like if you were NT

Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Aug 2011, 1:01 am

Have you ever wondered what youd be like if you had been born an Nt and lived a regular life, how much different youd be. I wonder who i would be, what would i have done in life, would i have been happier as a child, or just miserable in the real world? so many questions

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 1:21 am

"What could have been" is one of the things I think about when my mind wanders. What if I had been born "normal"? What if I had been an only child and my parents had treated me like #1 instead of #2? Our lives could have been drastically different today if we had left the house five minutes earlier than we did on a certain day ten years ago. It's enough to drive you nuts.

SilverShoelaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Aug 2011, 1:33 am

I actually wrote a(n outline/summary for a) speculative piece of fiction that wondered that. Of course, back when I wrote it, I didn't know what Asperger's was, and I thought my social difficulties were because of my therapy and not the other way around. And there were ten different versions of me in the multiverse running around, wreaking havoc in each other's lives, because their personalities were so completely different.

If nothing else, it was an interesting exercise in nature vs. nurture vs. environment.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

05 Aug 2011, 1:39 am

I hope I wouldn't turn out like my dad. That would be horrible.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 1:59 am

I can imagine I'd probably be a lot more like my sister. I might be a bit more athletic, I'd have friends at school, and I would actually enjoy the company of others. But at what cost? I don't even want to begin thinking about that.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Aug 2011, 2:52 am

I would of had a much better childhood because I would of understood things better, fit in better & I would of been bullied a lot less. I probably wouldn't be nearly as shy or have some of the emotional & other issues I have. I may would of become a comedian or a comedy singer

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Shem
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Aug 2011, 3:47 am

I used to wish I was "normal". I feel sad a lot, though I try to think of the positive aspects of not being NT. I do wonder a lot if I would have had a better life, a lot of the bad experiences I have had in life have come from not being able to understand other humans and versa. I try not to think about it. I try to find ways of taking advantage of the fact that I am not NT, though it is very hard sometimes.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 3:55 am

I did when I was 15. I'd imagine what it would be like to be treated as equally as my sister and to be babysitting and making my own money. I wondered what it would be like if my parents would have talked to me about a college education and a career, instead of raising me to be a bum in some respects.

On the other hand, I would have grown up to be like my mother, so it's a good thing that I'm not NT.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 3:57 am

I'm an NT, but I'm far worse at social interaction and just plain "normalcy" than the vast majority of aspies here. :P So implying that all NTs are successful in life could not be more wrong.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 7:40 am

I've wondered, but I always come to the conclusion I would be boring as an NT. I like being aspie, it has its downfalls of course but it makes up for it because I'm more of an individual.

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 7:43 am

I've imagined it, I'd be able to talk better and have a better life. However I'd wish to keep the things I'm good at too.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 7:46 am

Something like this I think:

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 9:16 am

I think I probably would have joined the military. I was SO close to joining and all I needed were some ancient medical documents that took forever to get a hold of but during that time I psyched myself out of going. I started thinking about all the new people I'd have to meet and new situations and I freaked out. I never thought of those things before. If I was NT I'd probably look forward to meeting new people.

I would have been a satellite operator.....the ones that take pictures of other countries when they're not supposed to be ;) Basically, a spy. How stupid was I for not going through with it....... I remember sitting in the class with all the other recruits after we had taken our ASVAB. I think I was the only person with an ounce of intelligence because everyone was basically going to be in the infantry. I was the only one that got a techie job.

Trigas
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 9:35 am

Grisha wrote:

^ lol. But for real I think I would have probably been miserable that way because I could have ended up being the one that bullied kids instead of being bullied myself. Some things might have been easier but who knows what would have happened!

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 9:38 am

Trigas wrote:
Grisha wrote:

^ lol. But for real I think I would have probably been miserable that way because I could have ended up being the one that bullied kids instead of being bullied myself. Some things might have been easier but who knows what would have happened!

Yeah, but I'd still want the huge pectoral muscles... :wink:

Trigas
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 9:43 am

Grisha wrote:
Trigas wrote:
Grisha wrote:

Yeah, but I'd still want the huge pectoral muscles... :wink:

Aye, the rock hard abs wouldn't be the worst to have either :)