Page 5 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 2:16 pm

Ferdinand wrote:
I heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he’s depressed. Says life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world. Doctor says, “Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up.” Man bursts into tears. Says, “But doctor… I am autistic!” Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

That is a hilarious reference, I love this thread!

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2014, 10:53 pm

HA-ha! You said @$$-burgers!

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2014, 1:12 am

Quote:
An Aspie is standing in a room full of about two dozen NT's.

The NT's are all mulling about chatting, while the Aspie keeps to himself; mostly just staring downward.

Suddenly and inexplicably the NT's all spontaneously start hopping up and down while saying (in silly high-pitched voices) "Pancakes! Pancakes!".

The Aspie is confounded by this behavior; but being desperately lonely, and always wishing to be a part of things (contrary to common NT belief) thinks: "well, this doesn't appear difficult; even looks sort of fun."

So the Aspie joins in, hopping up and down saying "Pancakes! Pancakes!" in a silly voice.

At that instant: the NT's all suddenly stop, and all of their eyes immediately fall upon the Aspie (who immediately stops as well).

The NT's just stand there, staring at the Aspie as though the latter were insane.

Feeling awkward and embarrassed: the Aspie leaves the room.

This isnt really a joke and tbh its killed my mood. Thanks. Anyway the idea is that the NT's are freezing the aspie out. There is no joke.... that's the point. The pancake chorus is just a way to get the aspie to feel completely alienated. He doesn't understand the point of the joke nor why his behaviour was apparently socially unacceptable. Oh good grief im depressed now. Why did I visit the joke thread again?

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

Katherington
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jan 2016, 7:27 pm

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
This little kid said to me "You've got autism!"
I replied "That's a big word for someone who can't be more than 2,861 days old."

or 68,664 hours old ! hahaah

or 1483142400 seconds

Katherington
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jan 2016, 7:35 pm

MONKEY wrote:
I wonder how many variations of the light bulb joke we can cram into this thread?

11 additions/variations to the lightbulb joke so far.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2016, 12:58 am

I never understood why it's okay to make fun of ourselves for being on the spectrum but if someone else does it it's cruel, just like it's okay for black people to call themselves the N word. Isn't that like self-hatred? :?

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 10:46 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I never understood why it's okay to make fun of ourselves for being on the spectrum but if someone else does it it's cruel, just like it's okay for black people to call themselves the N word. Isn't that like self-hatred? :?

It's much more fun to poke fun at myself than berate myself. A lot of jokes are just very exaggerated truths. :) From my perspective, as long as you're an equal opportunity offender, I'm cool with poking fun at groups I belong to. It becomes ablist or racist or whatever when people dish out the jokes but can't take them, I think.

Lots of funny jokes here, and many of them could apply to other people, not just aspies.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 5:52 am

I told my Stepmom and my Brother(Who is also Autistic) this joke. You wanna play Flappy bird. :lol:

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 7:47 am

Ectryon wrote:
Quote:
An Aspie is standing in a room full of about two dozen NT's.

The NT's are all mulling about chatting, while the Aspie keeps to himself; mostly just staring downward.

Suddenly and inexplicably the NT's all spontaneously start hopping up and down while saying (in silly high-pitched voices) "Pancakes! Pancakes!".

The Aspie is confounded by this behavior; but being desperately lonely, and always wishing to be a part of things (contrary to common NT belief) thinks: "well, this doesn't appear difficult; even looks sort of fun."

So the Aspie joins in, hopping up and down saying "Pancakes! Pancakes!" in a silly voice.

At that instant: the NT's all suddenly stop, and all of their eyes immediately fall upon the Aspie (who immediately stops as well).

The NT's just stand there, staring at the Aspie as though the latter were insane.

Feeling awkward and embarrassed: the Aspie leaves the room.

This isnt really a joke and tbh its killed my mood. Thanks. Anyway the idea is that the NT's are freezing the aspie out. There is no joke.... that's the point. The pancake chorus is just a way to get the aspie to feel completely alienated. He doesn't understand the point of the joke nor why his behaviour was apparently socially unacceptable. Oh good grief im depressed now. Why did I visit the joke thread again?

This joke is the story of my life whenever I try to socialize in a group of kids my age. :?

Fetika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Mar 2017, 2:07 pm

This is not exactly a joke : it actually happened to me.

She: "Is it true that you suffer from Asperger's Autism?"
Me : "No".
She: "My son told me you told him so".
Me: "Certainly not!"
He: "You told me yesterday you have been diagnosed as an Aspie."
Me: "That is exact."
She: "Then you do suffer from Asperger's Autism!"
Me: "No. I enjoy every second of it."

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 5:11 pm

I am going to repeat mine from awhile back.

How do you get aspies to leave their residence, intentionally go into a crowded room and socialize?

Hold a Star Trek convention

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fetika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Mar 2017, 5:22 pm

@ ASPartOfMe: Agreed. Except that, for me, if there is, on the same day, a conference on physics, I'd be there instead. :) I prefer reality to fiction. Even to good fiction.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 5:24 pm

Fetika wrote:
This is not exactly a joke : it actually happened to me.

She: "Is it true that you suffer from Asperger's Autism?"
Me : "No".
She: "My son told me you told him so".
Me: "Certainly not!"
He: "You told me yesterday you have been diagnosed as an Aspie."
Me: "That is exact."
She: "Then you do suffer from Asperger's Autism!"
Me: "No. I enjoy every second of it."

I found this hilarious. :lol:

roger199
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Mar 2017, 12:19 am

I don't want no assburgers if there made Eric Cartmen style .Southpark

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 7:57 pm

What did the Aspie make at work?

Mostly inappropriate comments.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Fetika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Feb 2018, 1:49 am

A.S. is the only reality. Proof :
Once upon a time a very old man with a long white beard wearing a long white tunic walked into a psychoanalyst's office. The practitioner (Psy) asked him
Psy: What can I do for you?
The old man (OM) replied
OM: I wanted to do well. I swear I had no bad intention!
Psy: About what?
OM: Well, I was kind of alone. I tried to play with things. I like spirals. So I played with spirals for a long time.
Psy: I don't see any problem with that
OM: Well, I was kind of alone. I tried to play with things. I like balls. Round things. So I played with ball and put balls in the spirals for a long time.
Psy: I still don't see any problem with that.
OM: Well, I was kind of alone. I kinda got tired playing with things. I wanted to play with people.
Psy: I still don't see any problem with that. Let us start at the beginning
OM: Well, I was kind of alone. I wanted to play with people. So at the beginning I created the world. And look at what I did!! !