"I am Right and you are Wrong" Syndrome

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

the xpax
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Dec 2021, 3:58 pm

Greetings!

It appears argumentative veterans satiate themselves by attempting to "shoot down" other's posts.
This is an open forum for everyone's ideas, but instead of being argumentative would it not be more suitable to be supplementary?
Surely anyone's post, even if incorrect, may better be replied to with decorum and mutual respect.

Thank you.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 4:06 pm

You might have encountered some people who don't have much to show for their lives so they share their know-it-all tendencies with us. After awhile it becomes more clear how much overcompensation drives those behaviours and it doesn't carry as much weight. It's just how being bullied and emotionally stunted has impacted their personalities.

I'm not claiming to be any better.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 4:59 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
You might have encountered some people who don't have much to show for their lives so they share their know-it-all tendencies with us. After awhile it becomes more clear how much overcompensation drives those behaviours and it doesn't carry as much weight. It's just how being bullied and emotionally stunted has impacted their personalities.

I have had this for years.

I have multiple health conditions.

Autistic Spectrum Disorder (diagnosed)
ADHD (diagnosed)
Tourette's Syndrome (diagnosed)
Sleep Apnoea (diagnosed) - I use a breathing machine for bed/a respirator like Darth Vader
Persistent depressive disorder (formerly known as dysthymia) (diagnosed)
Undiagnosed anxiety symptomatology

I used to have chronic fatigue syndrome but that has partially been resolved.

I am being investigated for Cushing's Syndrome now (buffalo hump on my neck) due to excess cortisol levels/stress.

I am super submissive, kind & have the nicest personality when you get to know me.

But then you get people who will throw all different criticisms at you and they know nothing about you, what you know, your level of education or anything about you really & think that you think like them.

Every Autistic individual is different. Some have sub-par IQ's, some have average IQ's, some have high-average IQ's, some have superior IQ's, some have very superior IQ's, some are genius level.

The best thing for an Autistic community is to just to learn from each other.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 5:05 pm

Do you differentiate between "I am right and you are wrong" and "the facts are correct and your claims are wrong"?

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 5:10 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
You might have encountered some people who don't have much to show for their lives so they share their know-it-all tendencies with us.

I hadnt really thought much about what the most hostile posters had to show for their lives, but upon thinking about it I disagree and find it strange you bring it up in this context.

to the q camp for being false sjw. :jester:

Last edited by The_Znof on 12 Dec 2021, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 5:11 pm

Fnord wrote:
Do you differentiate between "I am right and you are wrong" and "the facts are correct and your claims are wrong"?

I dont know, what about bait and snitch? :jester:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 5:14 pm

the xpax wrote:
Greetings!

It appears argumentative veterans satiate themselves by attempting to "shoot down" other's posts.
This is an open forum for everyone's ideas, but instead of being argumentative would it not be more suitable to be supplementary?
Surely anyone's post, even if incorrect, may better be replied to with decorum and mutual respect.

Thank you.

It depends on the context really. If somebody is being annoyingly condescending and they are just plain wrong, then it is difficult to sympathise with them and that may be elucidated in the language used in response to them.

Communication style can vary bearing in mind a persons mood, stress levels, contextual cues such as what is being said in a forum & a load more things.

Some days I communicate gently & other days I'm not so gentle. No-one is perfect.

the xpax
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Dec 2021, 5:21 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------

you are so wise
i have to check what i say and think with my nt sister, to make sure i am not offensive
thank you so much for pointing me rightly :heart: .

------------------------------------------------------------

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 5:25 pm

I have, in the past (not here so much), been that poster who argues a point endlessly. I've felt that need to crush people's opinions if I feel they're wrong. I don't think I've been rude or condescending and I hate those smug emojis people use so I never do that :roll:

Its frustrating when you post on something you know about and that post is followed by 15 more that either ignore your point or refute it when you know it's correct.

But it doesn't matter and that's what I try to remember now. It still feels like it matters, but it doesn't and I prefer myself when I don't argue. I try to get everything I want to say into my single post and if people disagree or don't get it then I don't post again and often stop reading.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 5:28 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
Its frustrating when you post on something you know about and that post is followed by 15 more that either ignore your point or refute it when you know it's correct.

The process of other people replying, even if they are wrong and you know you are right, is actually educating them on some level, so it is worth it sometimes, even if your audience seems tone-deaf.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 5:35 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
Believing only you are correct in a world of incorrect people, even when proven wrong is a trumpist attitude.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 5:45 pm

The_Znof wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
You might have encountered some people who don't have much to show for their lives so they share their know-it-all tendencies with us.

I hadnt really thought much about what the most hostile posters had to show for their lives, but upon thinking about it I disagree and find it strange you bring it up in this context.

Sjw is an old term now.

Wokeologist or wokeist is the 'in' thing & has been for nearly 2 years.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 5:56 pm

The_Znof wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Well, so, it's not as though none of them have nothing to show, instead just that it's far less than might have been their potential under more favourable circumstances.

If you're mostly a small fish in a big pond but feel entitled to be a big fish, finding an environment where you're now a big fish might make it hard to resist the urge to take advantage of that feeling (in this case by acting superior and condescending even in interactions where it's not needed).

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 6:02 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
The_Znof wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Well, so, it's not as though none of them have nothing to show, instead just that it's far less than might have been their potential under more favourable circumstances.

If you're mostly a small fish in a big pond but feel entitled to be a big fish, finding an environment where you're now a big fish might make it hard to resist the urge to take advantage of that feeling (in this case by acting superior and condescending even in interactions where it's not needed).

Everyone is a small fish in this world. Being a big fish in a small pond is no great achievement.

Even the most powerful people in the world have rivals that tax them & make their lives difficult.

So they are still small fish in a sense.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 6:29 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
The_Znof wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Sjw is an old term now.

sj is more specific and I much prefer it aesthetically to this woke stuff.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 6:43 pm

The_Znof wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
The_Znof wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Sjw is an old term now.

sj is more specific and I much prefer it aesthetically to this woke stuff.

If you take the term 'sjw' literally, there's nothing wrong with it. Anyone can fight for social justice of whatever particular blend of political beliefs they might have.

'Woke' specifically denotes the false 'awakening' that people seemed to think they had for years, but which is a bubble that will burst within a few years. It is already beginning its decline.