Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Aug 2007, 4:57 am

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/08/2 ... index.html

What is your take?

It seems that their is plenty of empty space in the Universe. But this space in particular is much larger then what you would normally find. Im sure everyone here is awair of statistics. It seems this could be just a statistical freak, it happens, not very often, since galexies are scattered around and moving pretty randomly, you are bound to have dence areas of space and also emply areas.

An interesting thing they did not meansion is that vast emply spaces like this were kinda used in Albert Einstines equations. He had to assume that such spaces exerted a force that was the opposite of gravety, somehow emply space for his eqations to work had to propell matter.

I think he was trying to find the cosmilogical constant.

Another interesting thing is that, as much as it is hard to beleive it seems as tho these emply spaces do infact exert a kind of matter propolsion force somehow. Einstine I beleive tossed the idea, but now we see that the universe is expanding. Its not so much that everything is flying apart, but rather the web of matter (all the galaxies seem to form a web with empty spaces in the middle) is getting thinner, and these spaces are getting larger, its almost as if such a force is occuring, but it seems impossible almost right?? Anybody have an opinion, or information, id like to know what others think about this, especally ppl who really love this subject!

I think such articles are facinating.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2007, 5:42 am

That is awsome!