Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2012, 2:02 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGeAglrbuD8[/youtube]
personally I really like this and if you feel like listening, which u dont have to, how do u feel about it? this song to me, feels like my strive to survive in this world, whatever this world is about. to me this song is full of the yearning to "BELONG" which always feels like an out of the question issue. but if they would ever care to understand me...

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 11:43 am

I felt the song started out nicely, but soon found out that the guitar is just a loop throughout the song :?. For me, a song shouldn't be based solely on vocals, so the song loses me to be honest :?.

Although as far as how it makes me feel... I'd have to say it's somewhat depressing with how I interpret it. The song seems to be about an accomplished person meeting an obstacle they've never been able to face or defeat. I guess symbolically, it seems to mean that there is strength in numbers/ friendship, but the song is flawed with how it portrays this. As, if the man had accomplished so much and claims to have done so alone... including conquering "Country, crown, and throne", he couldn't have done that alone in the first place :?. So having done his tasks with others already... he surely can't even cross the river if he was never able to in the past. That could just be me being critical I suppose :?.

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2012, 12:04 pm

Lace-Bane wrote:
I felt the song started out nicely, but soon found out that the guitar is just a loop throughout the song :?. For me, a song shouldn't be based solely on vocals, so the song loses me to be honest :?.

Although as far as how it makes me feel... I'd have to say it's somewhat depressing with how I interpret it. The song seems to be about an accomplished person meeting an obstacle they've never been able to face or defeat. I guess symbolically, it seems to mean that there is strength in numbers/ friendship, but the song is flawed with how it portrays this. As, if the man had accomplished so much and claims to have done so alone... including conquering "Country, crown, and throne", he couldn't have done that alone in the first place :?. So having done his tasks with others already... he surely can't even cross the river if he was never able to in the past. That could just be me being critical I suppose :?.

I love your response, I will re-listen with your feedback in mind and see what I think. I think the country throne thing is symbolic, unless he is referring to a historical person/ event I don't know about.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 11:54 pm

That's a very good song. I remember it from when I was growing up, as well. I also like the effects in that video.Image