To the males who keep posting in Women's Disscussion

Page 4 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

03 Apr 2014, 7:10 pm

Yeah, it does happen. It's just not a thing that happens constantly with only a small number of people posting behind legions of pseudonyms.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 8:12 pm

If you suspect sockpuppetry, report it to the mods and they will check it out. To me, this side topic seems analogous to, oh, other types of generalization and oversimplification that resemble nothing in particular...

Back to the main point, though, it seems worthwhile to do a little work to make this a better sub-forum for women. My one little pm to Alex will probably fly under his radar, but 6 or 7 more could make an impact. Getting all the mods to agree on a policy of affirmative action seems like a longer shot, but they didn't get asked to moderate by refusing to listen to opposing points of view.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 12:16 pm

Sometimes I feel like we are playing in a derelict building on wrong planet.

I mean this forum seems like it was built and then left here the same way it's always been for years.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 6:40 pm

Men who post things in this forum should be reported and banned, especially if they post offensive things. Zero tolerance!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 8:51 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Men who post things in this forum should be reported and banned, especially if they post offensive things. Zero tolerance!
Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I had forgotten all about it.

Zero tolerance against men who post in "Women's Discussion"? As long as I have open access to this or any other thread, I will make the choice as to whether or not to post in it, especially if I feel that I have something to contribute, such as correction for accuracy or if I feel that a thread has diverged into sexist man-bashing and misandry.

And even though speaking out against blatant misandry on a website has gotten me banned - once - that is not likely to happen again.

Then again, maybe this thread is better off being locked.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 3:45 am

hurtloam wrote:
Sometimes I feel like we are playing in a derelict building on wrong planet.

I mean this forum seems like it was built and then left here the same way it's always been for years.

That's my impression exactly. Some may say my thoughts don't belong here but they're just thoughts. Thoughts are genderless.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 3:51 am

lostonearth35 wrote:

Actually, that might be considered to be illegal discrimination on the basis of sex and could open WrongPlanet up to a very expensive lawsuit for sexual discrimination.

Furthermore, it isn't always obvious what section a thread is in. I usually pay little attention to which forum in which the thread is found. What you are advocating is banning people for nothing more than a simple, well meaning mistake.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 4:31 am

The Women's Discussion section of this site is really quiet. If you look at some of the posts here, you might note that at times opening posts remain unanswered, until one of the male posters responds. I don't understand why in the absence of any female responses they should be banned for respectfully replying to an unanswered query. Often I would like to respond, but lack an appropriate response.
Ive also noticed that some male posters open informative/well intended threads here. I don't see many locked threads either, this is a sleepy sub forum. I don't believe that the users biological sex should be a consideration, it is their words that matter.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 5:13 am

I'm not female, and as such I don't post in this section a lot, but when I do, it's usually by accident. I don't feel entitled to use this section of the forum, and I can definitely understand why the site has a female-oriented area, as female aspies tend to be fairly overlooked, and their issues aren't as well understood by much of the mainstream autism community. I partially blame this on the prevalent "extreme male brain" theory of autism, which I am not a fan of.

I don't think it's inherently "wrong" for a male to post in this section, but if you are male, and you decide to post here, PLEASE be courteous and respectful, and don't dominate the discussions.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Feb 2015, 3:03 pm

Wind wrote:
Do you not understand what WOMEN'S discussion means?

I'm really tired of seeing males post in these forums.

This is the one place the females can discuss their problems, without males jumping in and being egocentric, but yet you still do.

We don't want jokes, we want a serious discussion with other females, who can relate. You cannot relate to being a woman. You simply cannot.

You can't understand what it's like to be a woman, so without making you feel unwelcome, why do you post here in the WOMEN'S discussion?

I want to post in Women's Discussion a few of my WOMEN problems, but I am too afraid to, because of guys and their un-needed jokes, when they think they're being funny and useful, but they're not..

If we wanted input from males, we'd go to other areas of the forum, but we want women's opinions, that's why we post here.

There are rare threads that a man's input can come in handy, but 90% of the time in the WOMEN'S discussion, probably not.

Until there's a Men's Discussion Forum, we ain't goin nowhere. :mrgreen:

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 3:07 pm

Willard wrote:
If that's a problem, someone needs to set those threads so they don't come up in the WP homepage que. If it's in that 'random thread' list on the WP homepage, people are going to read and comment in it without ever noticing what category it's from. I doubt many males are actively seeking 'Women's Discussion' threads to post in.

Of course, I could be wrong about that. :?

i never check what forum the post is in before i comment.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 4:01 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Wind wrote:
Do you not understand what WOMEN'S discussion means?

I'm really tired of seeing males post in these forums.

This is the one place the females can discuss their problems, without males jumping in and being egocentric, but yet you still do.

We don't want jokes, we want a serious discussion with other females, who can relate. You cannot relate to being a woman. You simply cannot.

You can't understand what it's like to be a woman, so without making you feel unwelcome, why do you post here in the WOMEN'S discussion?

I want to post in Women's Discussion a few of my WOMEN problems, but I am too afraid to, because of guys and their un-needed jokes, when they think they're being funny and useful, but they're not..

If we wanted input from males, we'd go to other areas of the forum, but we want women's opinions, that's why we post here.

There are rare threads that a man's input can come in handy, but 90% of the time in the WOMEN'S discussion, probably not.

Until there's a Men's Discussion Forum, we ain't goin nowhere. :mrgreen:

They tried it once... apparently it wasn't all that popular. That may be different now though, who knows.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 4:23 pm

Damn it, lock this thread already.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 4:37 pm

smudge wrote:
Damn it, lock this thread already.

Is there a reason for that or just because you don't like the discussion for some reason?

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 6:00 am

I don't think there's any reason for a man not being able to give his input on these threads. Men and women interject mean things everywhere from time to time, so I don't get the difference between a man and woman posting here. Men ask about women, and women talk about women-related issues. What's the problem? :?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 7:39 am

The problem arises when certain individuals want to engage in blatant misandric man-bashing without being called to account for it, especially by a man.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.