Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 10:57 pm

Clothes and makeup are basically what sums me up as a person. I plan on doing some volunteering and sadly there's not much around my area that I can do. There are a bunch of elementary schools and I'm worried that because there's not much around me, I'll end up working with little kids (again). If I have to and I get head lice I'm assuming that I will have to wash every single hat, scarf, sweater, vest, dress, skirt and top that I own even if they're clean and haven't been worn in hot water and dry them on high heat. If I do that my clothes will get ruined.

I'm starting to wonder if my love for clothes should come to an end at this point. Lately I feel very down and sad all the time and there's a great possibility I may go on an anti-depressant. If I go on an anti-depressant maybe I'll actually enjoy shopping again instead of having a "what's the point in buying these jeans, if I can't keep them forever" mentality and enjoy fashion for what it is.

The career I want to pursue is training service animals for people who have seizures and other things like blindness, being deaf etc...

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 11:31 pm

Maybe you should try to get seperate clothes for doing work/chores/exerting activities that you aren't so attached to so you wont care so much if they get worn out and need replacing. And then have your more fashionable clothes you really like but don't wear those for the situations you're worried about getting them wrecked. Also if you like a certain style of jeans, if they get worn out you can always replace them with similar ones or maybe even find something you like better.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 4:10 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Maybe you should try to get seperate clothes for doing work/chores/exerting activities that you aren't so attached to so you wont care so much if they get worn out and need replacing. And then have your more fashionable clothes you really like but don't wear those for the situations you're worried about getting them wrecked. Also if you like a certain style of jeans, if they get worn out you can always replace them with similar ones or maybe even find something you like better.

What a great idea! I actually put a pair of jeans in the middle of my work/chores/exerting activities clothes and my expensive clothes to divide them. Another thing to do that would to spend less money on clothing items. When I say that, I mean not shopping at expensive stores anymore. Cheap price doesn't always mean cheap quality. H&M, JCP, Kmart, Sears, Forever21 and Maurices don't have pricey clothes. Target doesn't either. At least my shopping sprees will be more budget friendly and I can get more than I could with super expensive clothes. As long as the item is under $30.00 I really don't care if it gets dirty/shrinks in the wash/or whatever because it's easier to replace everything.

Thanks for the advice :D

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 9:31 pm

Don't they have dress codes in most places anyway? When I was a volunteer, I had to follow a dress code.

As for worrying about your clothed being ruined, I think that's normal to an extent. I know a lit of people that put a lot of effort into their appearance so something like that might distress them. I kind of wish I was a little more high maintenance, but I'm way to lazy to care.