Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 3:34 pm

My hair is really long and it's long to the point where I can't put it in a bun anymore without the elastic falling of. I want to be able to put it in a bun again or even wear it down for that matter because it frizzes and mats if I were it down. I used to have my hair above my shoulders, but it wasn't for aesthetic reasons it was just to get it healthy because I fried my hair using a blow dryer while brushing it and using hairspray (I can be really stupid).

This is my face shape:

I have an oval shaped face with dimples and full lips (as you can see) and I don't know if this would look cuter:

Or this would be more attractive:

My hair looks like this when it's down:

My hair is straight at the top and abnormally curly at the bottom.

Any advice?

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 3:51 pm

I also have an oval face too, but my lips aren't full, this has been my haircut for long and people like it on me:
But I think the haircut you chose is also nice but it takes more time because its longer but if you're tall long hair is better but if short short hair is better

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 4:02 pm

I can see why short hair look better on people my height. I'm plus sized and pixie cuts wouldn't look as good on me as a petite woman with a different face shape.

Super long hair on someone who is 5'2 (my height) tends to make me look like Cousin It. I hate the attention I get when I get my hair done and people say

"OMG YOU GOTZ A HAIRCUT!! !!"

If it's that obvious, don't point it out to the world :x

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 5:39 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I can see why short hair look better on people my height. I'm plus sized and pixie cuts wouldn't look as good on me as a petite woman with a different face shape.

Super long hair on someone who is 5'2 (my height) tends to make me look like Cousin It. I hate the attention I get when I get my hair done and people say

"OMG YOU GOTZ A HAIRCUT!! ! !"

If it's that obvious, don't point it out to the world :x

I'm the same height as you, I used to hate my body with short hair because even thought I'm petite my body is very curvy so I used to grow my hair long to hide my body by wearing it down, I hated long hair but in the same time thought short hair wouldn't suit but it turned the opposite. Now I don't mind it much but I wear something a little baggy sometimes to hide it.
I also don't like that lol its annoying hahaah.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 12:08 pm

I'm also the same height as you .
I think any one of those hair styles suit you.
Or maybe have it half long and half tied up, to vary it a bit

I have my hair in a bop with a fringe , tend to keep it simple for me
you have nice long hair so you can try out all sorts of styles.

Enjoy experimenting with different hair styles

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 4:51 pm

i believe there is a website where you can test different hairstyles before actually getting one. all you do is just upload a pic of you and you can see what they look like....

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 7:55 pm

I don't really see any difference between the two styles you posted. If you cut your hair to around the length they have it, it would look basically like those, both of them. What is the distinction between them that you are trying to decide between?

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Apr 2015, 4:08 pm

I prefer the first one for you. Would you be willing to cut your hair to that length? I think that I have read some place on the internet that curly hair won't be that curly if it's too long. The weight of the hair straightens it out a bit.

Agemaki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Apr 2015, 1:35 pm

Maybe look up advice on best hair styles for your face shape?http://beauty.about.com/od/hairbasics/a/flattering.htm

naomidb22
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Apr 2015, 9:24 am

I like number one your hair is pretty cool aswell

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 9:33 am

Your hair is straight at the top now, but I'm very sure that when you cut enough off, it'll all be curly. Consult an actual hair stylist or hair student to be sure. Taking that into account, I don't think those cuts will work the same way on you. You have a very pretty face. I think you should ask advice at a beauty school or an actual salon as far as cuts.

Make a list of what you want and don't want out of your new hairstyle before you go.

Just don't go to Great Clips, Supercuts, or some similar place for the consult or the cut.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 11:53 am

BetwixtBetween wrote:
Your hair is straight at the top now, but I'm very sure that when you cut enough off, it'll all be curly. Consult an actual hair stylist or hair student to be sure. Taking that into account, I don't think those cuts will work the same way on you. You have a very pretty face. I think you should ask advice at a beauty school or an actual salon as far as cuts.

Make a list of what you want and don't want out of your new hairstyle before you go.

Just don't go to Great Clips, Supercuts, or some similar place for the consult or the cut.

I decided not to cut my hair. I can do way more with it at the length it's at. I would've regretted it highly.

I also have trust problems. I don't even trust my doctors.

AmandaFrisk1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 May 2015, 9:26 am

I used to have long hair, but after the break with ex-boyfriend I wanted to change smth in my appearance))
Recently I have my hair cut and now it looks like
I really like it!
Maybe for your face shape you can choose something like that
:D or

flamingo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2015, 9:14 am

Personally I like AmandaFrisk1''s second picture suggestion! You want something that frames your face, and if you get it cut in layers, then you'll have more fullness and bounce, which *should* make the top section lighter and more curly. I have ridiculously full cheeks and big lips, thick curly hair, and am 5'5". Pixie wouldn't look good on me personally, but my cut is a diagonal bob that is as short as the nape of my neck, and it really looks good compared to when I have long hair. Maybe you should go with a medium cut or something that has layers in the middle of your head and gets longer past that point (if that makes sense)

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jun 2015, 9:31 am

I am really curious to know if there are other women on this site who prefer hairstyles that do not look neat. I prefer something that looks sloppy, uneven. Especially bangs where I like jagged edges.

One problem I have with my fine hair, that's falling out, is that it's flat above the ears. Once it covers the ears it poofs out and doesn't lay flat.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 9:33 am

There are several websites where you can "try on" different hair styles and colours on a photo of your own face. My favourite is Taaz:

http://www.taaz.com/