Page 1 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Absquatulate
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2009, 2:52 am

So, am I the only girl in the world who absolutely positively cannot tolerate a bra? I tried wearing them in my early teens but it was like I don't know.. I suppose it felt the way it would feel to have several layers of duck tape around ones chest.

So I don't wear them. I don't believe that I've ever heard of another woman in her 20's that wont wear a bra. I don't have any problems, I don't *think* anyone notices because I have quite small breasts. But I could be wrong. Maybe people do. Regardless I don't care because wearing a bra is downright painful for me.

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 3:36 am

(I deleted my first post, sorry.)

I know other women who can't stand theim either, because of the pain as well.
But on the opposite of you, it's because they have very heavy boobs so, even with a good and expensive bra, it's still painful after a few hours. They get rid of them as soon as they can.

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2009, 4:50 am

I hate wearing bras but have to because of the size of my breasts. As soon as I get home though, off it goes!

I find athletic bras (sports bras) to be much more comfortable and breathable than more "feminine" bras, so you might try one for the days where you must wear one.

INTJ.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 5:50 am

My Mum never wore a bra, and nobody noticed. (Well, I obviously did, and I presume my father was happily aware of the situation, but other than that...) She was an a cup, and could get away with it. I'm a double d, and have to wear bras, even though they are horrendous contraptions from the very pits of hell. If I don't wear them I'd knock myself out turning a corner sharply, or going for a jog. When I was nursing they were actually bigger than my hat size, and given I'm 60 cm round the head, I dread to think how big they were. I persuaded the woman in the shop not to tell me, and to cut the labels off.

On the other hand, I'm now more managable, and I do take the bra off when I'm at home. As a single woman, I don't care if I do eventually end up with spaniel's ears. :lol:

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 7:00 am

LinnaeusCat wrote:
I hate wearing bras but have to because of the size of my breasts. As soon as I get home though, off it goes!

I find athletic bras (sports bras) to be much more comfortable and breathable than more "feminine" bras, so you might try one for the days where you must wear one.

I second this suggestion! Athletic bras are so much more comfortable! Get the racing back and there are no extra little straps showing under your blouse, your back gets supported and the girls are snug. My problem is prominant nips so sometimes, for formal occassions I wear a bandaid over them under the bra.

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 8:27 am

I really dislike underwire bra's. I have found a bra type that has no underwire but support very well. I think that the reason that my bra's used not to be comfortable was because they weren't the right size and shape for my breasts. I'm only speaking for me though. (They're called sloggi)

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

06 Oct 2009, 10:13 am

I absolutely hate mine and remove it almost as I walk in the door of my house. I should probably wear underwire but I never could deal with it. Sportsbras are definitely my preference though the one I have on isn't much worse. My mom always chided me for the sportsbra thing, felt I should wear prettier...not my thing.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 2:24 pm

I hate regular bras.

I have a special orthopedic bra though, that is very soft and comfortable. However the problem of if I wear it 'too long' it will have the bottom band digging into my chest, and the top straps digging into my shoulders.

I can't go without a bra tho because I feel naked without one. I'm GG.

I CANNOT tolerate ANY lace on a bra at all, nor any coarse fabric on a bra. ITCHITCHITCHITCH

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 2:49 pm

Absquatulate wrote:
So, am I the only girl in the world who absolutely positively cannot tolerate a bra? I tried wearing them in my early teens but it was like I don't know.. I suppose it felt the way it would feel to have several layers of duck tape around ones chest.

So I don't wear them. I don't believe that I've ever heard of another woman in her 20's that wont wear a bra.

I've never worn one in my life. Both the physical and psychological discomfort is absolutely unbearable to me.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 3:07 pm

I have medium-sized boobs, and I remember when I first started getting in trouble in school for not wearing a bra. It was quite humiliating. I didn't really understand the need at the time, and i don't think I had even noticed that I had developed until there was an uproar in the girl's locker room... :?
And then there was an issue of my wearing a see-thru white t-shirt to school...and they had to give me a change of clothes to wear...giant old gym sweat shirt..

I hate the feeling of wearing a bra, but I also hate the sweaty feeling of my boobs against my rib cage, and feel really self-conscious when I am not wearing a bra. My boobs aren't big, but they are sorta floppy... :?

I third..or forth...the notion of sports bras. I especially like the kind that actually have cups, and don't cause the "uni-boob" look...(this was pointed out to me by some people a long time ago, and stuck with me..adding to the self-consciousness)...I really don't care anymore if I have the uniboob look or not...
I recently found a 98% cotton fruit of the loom sports bra that I love...it is now my official bra of choice...it has a neat leopard print too (I hate white or beige underware...an asthetic just for myself)..my preference is all black..cotton bras and underware...

Um...I often wear my bras a few sizes too large, so they don't bind.
I have a few cotton-non-white-no underwire bras that I can tolerate. Lane Bryant actually makes some nice ones..I forget the brand name...
I have another thing that I got at the dollar store of all places, that is more of a cotton undershirt that just fits around the boobs....and I love that thing...it has no spandex, does not bind anywhere, and is the next best thing to not wearing a bra at all.

The only kinds of clothes that I am comfortable going bra-less in are smocked sundresses, because the smocking sorta acts as support for the boobs.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 3:36 pm

I was a very late developer; we were told in school (where they taught puberty, but not real sex-ed) that a girl should be finished developing two years after she starts having periods, but I was flat as a board until almost three years after that, and I was still just an A cup for almost two years after that. Still, a couple of people pointed out that I wasn't wearing a bra, so I picked up some training ones, because it's an embarassing observation for other people to make. At the time, I hated them. Hated my first non-training ones too, as they itched.

Now, that I'm a bit larger (still small (B, just pushing C (I should be done by now, but apparently my body doesn't work that way)) but larger than before), it irks me if I'm not wearing one. I have a weird reaction to underwire - for the first few wears, my skin turns kind of grey and my chest hurts; after the first few, it's fine - but it's all I'll wear, because I don't like the feeling of others. I found a few comfortable comfortable ones, and I stick to those. I picked up a few "pretty" ones a couple months ago, but one shredded in the wash (opps), and the other two irritate my skin, so I don't wear them either.

I do really hate bra straps though. It doesn't matter how tight I make them, they always start falling off the moment I let go. And since strapless ones always fall on me too (and I refuse to spend all day hiking up the front of my shirt), I just walk around permantely pulling them back up. I wear shirts with longer sleeves to hide it.

Three years!

Azharia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2009, 4:04 pm

I can't manage underwires. HATE them.
I'm ok with bras though. I was the opposite. I couldn't handle the feel of my own breast loose. Used to sleep and all with bra on to avoid sensation. I got over it though. :)
Now I couldn't anyway. O.O
Have to wear during the day as when I started Breastfeeding I jumped from a size C to a size F. No one warns you about that...

sufi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 4:36 pm

I am 60 - I have not worn a bra since 1966.

Fortunately I was a 32B at the time. Burn the Bras if you can.

Look for three or more options.
"I'm not too crazy about reality, but it's the only place to get a decent meal.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 10:31 pm

bonuspoints wrote:
I absolutely hate mine and remove it almost as I walk in the door of my house. I should probably wear underwire but I never could deal with it. Sportsbras are definitely my preference though the one I have on isn't much worse. My mom always chided me for the sportsbra thing, felt I should wear prettier...not my thing.

Oh, I know, those bras that serves your breasts up like cream puffs in lacy doilies. . .sheesh, some hungry man's dream, I suppose.

Last edited by sinsboldly on 06 Oct 2009, 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 11:29 pm

Just thinking about the subject and being trapped in this body brings me close to breaking down.

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 11:50 pm

I wear Bally's brand bras at home the look like undershirts and are very soft and breathe nicely. I buy them at sam's club of all places and they are just sized small,med.large. They work fine even with a 38 DD in them. :)