Page 8 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

ButterflyLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jun 2012, 4:59 pm

Moonpenny wrote:
If you like reading, look up some of the feminist literature of the 60s and 70s. It might seem hard line and even over the top now, but those women had to go to those extremes, and they were fighting for you. Reading about their struggles might just make you feel justifiably angry at the pressures that society – and not all of these are men, many of whom have been brave enough to change – places on women. Or at least, just pissed-off enough not to feel you have to wear a bra. :wink:

^very good point. we, as women, need to fight for the right to go braless if we want to without work place discrimination, or being bullied/criticized because we aren't wearing one or like Joe90 is having done to her, being criticized because she would rather wear a bra that is comfortable instead of "shaped". i mean our breasts aren't sex organs!! women didn't always wear bras or things of the like. i have done research on it. women started to "lift" their breasts to draw the attention of men (like we really needed any help with that) but that is one of the main things i have seen from many different sources.

You are very likely an Aspie

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 10:37 pm

I like the pressure of the bra. When I was a teen I would only wear sports bras because I didn't like all the seems. As I got older the feeling of the pressure and support got to be more important than the discomfort of the seems so now I wear padded with an underwire. I used to NEED to sleep in a bra. I don't HAVE to now, but sometimes I'll put on a sports bra to sleep (the underwire is to pokey to sleep in).

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 1:03 am

I wear a bra almost every day because I probably wouldn't get away with going braless. Sometimes I wear sports bras.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

06 Aug 2012, 3:45 pm

Not that I enjoy it, but I prefer wearing bras. I am definitely not someone who can get away with going bra-less.

sisugirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Aug 2012, 9:36 pm

I have not been able to stand to wear a bra since the 1970's. I have a sensory thing that I am bothered by having anything bind me on my ribs. I have small boobs but now that I am getting older and saggier, I wish I could tolerate bras. I wear camisoles and self adhesive nipple covers (can get them from JCPenny), but doesn't help my sagging. Does anyone else have sensory issues with bras? Any suggestions on dealing with sensory problems with clothing?

Imweird
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2012, 9:25 am

I wore a bra all day until I was around 42. Then I read that wearing them could be unhealthy. I also didn't work for 3 years so didn't have to worry about appearances. Then when I was 44 I had reduction mammoplasty because they were giving me back problems so now I can get away with not wearing one. But if the shirt is too revealing, I will wear a camisole under my shirt to hide any "nipplage" that may be evident. :P

EQ: 17
You are very likely an Aspie

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2012, 12:36 pm

I am a dress size 8-10 (USA size 4-6) and require a DD - E cup so I cannot get way with braless as they bounce around a lot and this is uncomfortable.

crookedfingers
Raven
Raven

07 Aug 2012, 2:32 pm

I'm really big in that department, with a very small ribcage to support them, so I can't really get away without wearing a bra, or they wind up engulfing my waist and getting in the way.

However, I don't find bras very comfortable, in large cup sizes the straps are always spaced so widely that they start under the armpit in the front, and dig in on their way up to the shoulder! I cant go any smaller or the underwire will be sitting on breast tissue.
I sometimes go without when around the house.

I never wanted breasts, and one day I hope to have them removed.

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2012, 2:10 am

Even though I sometimes go crazy over the textures on my chest, I go with bras and t-shirts. As in, a bra then a t-shirt. I'd have to tell one of my classmates that I could see her bra through her shirt.... I don't think she wears t-shirts.

wendysteen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Oct 2015, 1:00 pm

hey ButterflyLady...I found this amazing tittape few days ago . you can check it out it works well adhesivebreastlifts.co.uk/product/tit-tape/ its amazing tittape,,,i used it and its works extremely great.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2015, 1:32 pm

I prefer to have one on during the day when I am up and about. I don't like the feeling of my boobs bouncing around even though they are rather on the small side. I also find it terribly annoying when my nipples scrape on the fabric of my shirt, especially when they get perky. However I prefer the wireless cloth ones they are the most comfortable.

I sometimes forget to take my bra off when I go to bed, but I try and remember so I don't wake up tangled in it and its probably good to let them breath rather than having a bra on at all times.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Nov 2015, 12:25 am

For me, I'll wear a bra when I'm out in public, but when I know I'm in for the night, I take the bra off. I don't feel comfortable sleeping in a bra because of the underwires.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 12:27 am

usually braless when I'm under 100 lbs, otherwise bra! my nipples are inverted (they come out when stimulated though) so they only show when it's cold or when I've hit them on something.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 12:32 am

i have "outie" nipples. if i don't want to look like i'm cold all the time, i have to wear a padded bra.

danitargaryen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2015, 7:05 am

I like going braless and wearing wire-free bras, usually crop bras/sports bras with no wire, it's all about the comfort!
Bras are only necessary if your breasts are huge and need support, if they are small the medium go free, or sports/crops

Ilovesnails
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Nov 2015, 8:12 am

I have always hated bras. My last job was in a warehouse in the winter and I could go braless as I wore three layers of clothes. Now I have to wear one everyday to work. When I first started having to wear them again it was ungodly painful on my boobs. It was a bit worrying. I really don't understand the science behind bras. I would think working your chest muscles would have greater benefit. When I am home I take that sucker off immediately.