Do women ''have to'' pluck their eyebrows?

Page 3 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Neoninja
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Mar 2012, 1:21 am

Hi! I'm a man! Just incase male opinion's matter in this part of the forums. Plucking a unibrow (you called it a "mono" never heard that before...) is a general rule of thumb to look presentable to men and women. But if your brow is thick it dosen't matter, it mostly depends on the guy (or girl) you are trying to attract. Most guys won't care about the fuzzies if you have a facial feature that is beautiful such as eyes (even as an aspie, the first thing I notice is a girl's eyes. If a girl's eyes make me nervious it's because they are so beautiful I begin to feel something along the lines of "I don't deserve to look into such a beautiful soul. Corny as that sounds.) Or even a smile is enough to melt a nice guys heart! The important thing is "Are you happy with the way you look?" Does it please YOU? When you can say yes without a doubt you'll be happy in life. Trust me on that!

Voyageress
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2012, 1:17 pm

Agreed that it's totally a matter of choice.

I personally like my eyebrows to look neat. However, I get mine threaded rather than plucked, which is really popular in the UK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIeHYNt-rl4

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2012, 1:29 pm

They do if they want to be allowed in my house.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2012, 1:31 pm

fraac wrote:

Are you serious?

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2012, 1:38 pm

fraac wrote:

Then I guess I'm not coming over. I don't pluck mine. I don't shave my legs either. I also don't wear make-up.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2012, 1:48 pm

I would say no to a guy if he insisted I shaved my legs. It's such a chore!

I don't wear make-up either. I think I look a bit plainer these days, but I don't care too much.

I do pluck my eyebrows though. It doesn't take long, it no longer hurts and I think my eyebrows look better (for me).

Neoninja
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Mar 2012, 4:06 pm

Smudge and Hanyo, I respect you! You like, win "An internet" five times over. "No make-up"? Cheers! "No shaving"? (Meh *shrugs* no big deal) Cheers! I don't think women should spend too much energy too make themselves beautiful, I'll admit that you should look the way you want but don't let it control you! I have aquestion though: why would a guy, who respects women especially in a relationship, make her do anything about how she looks? I mean if a girl flat out doesn't care and is disorganized I can understand a nudge in the right direction, but something like shaving? I don't get it... God help me if I every demanded that from a girl. (though I will admit I may "request" or suggest flattering beachwear, especially if she would like it too!)

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2012, 5:34 pm

Neoninja wrote:
Smudge and Hanyo, I respect you! You like, win "An internet" five times over. "No make-up"? Cheers! "No shaving"? (Meh *shrugs* no big deal) Cheers! I don't think women should spend too much energy too make themselves beautiful, I'll admit that you should look the way you want but don't let it control you! I have aquestion though: why would a guy, who respects women especially in a relationship, make her do anything about how she looks? I mean if a girl flat out doesn't care and is disorganized I can understand a nudge in the right direction, but something like shaving? I don't get it... God help me if I every demanded that from a girl. (though I will admit I may "request" or suggest flattering beachwear, especially if she would like it too!)

Why, a big hairy thank-you! :wink: Hairy legs don't bother me in the slightest from men or women. If I see a man stating that he requires them hair free (especially the pubic area) then I wouldn't take him seriously. It is *hair*! ! He's covered in it, so he should be used to it. What a wuss for being cringed out by hair.

Clothing is different. I mean, I don't like showing too much in public as everybody has this idea that it makes you look easy. Despite what a stupid idea it is - people will think you're asking for it, and you get unwanted attention. I would love to wear brighter more showy off clothes in public, but I can't because of that. There's no point in me risking it. I guess I could though if I went out with hairy legs, lol. I'd just get a lot of evil glares from women, most probably. :roll: I was once wearing a really long skirt and was fully covered, except this chain belt thing was hanging around my bum, highlighting its shape (I didn't realise it was hanging there). I got a friendly long glare from a woman for that. I wish women who glare at me would f*ck off.

Neoninja
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Mar 2012, 7:52 pm

smudge wrote:
Neoninja wrote:

Why, a big hairy thank-you! :wink: Hairy legs don't bother me in the slightest from men or women. If I see a man stating that he requires them hair free (especially the pubic area) then I wouldn't take him seriously. It is *hair*! ! He's covered in it, so he should be used to it. What a wuss for being cringed out by hair.

Clothing is different. I mean, I don't like showing too much in public as everybody has this idea that it makes you look easy. Despite what a stupid idea it is - people will think you're asking for it, and you get unwanted attention. I would love to wear brighter more showy off clothes in public, but I can't because of that. There's no point in me risking it. I guess I could though if I went out with hairy legs, lol. I'd just get a lot of evil glares from women, most probably. :roll: I was once wearing a really long skirt and was fully covered, except this chain belt thing was hanging around my bum, highlighting its shape (I didn't realise it was hanging there). I got a friendly long glare from a woman for that. I wish women who glare at me would f*ck off.

The opinions of the gender you are a member of usually matters the least. Perfect example; Some other guys think it's dorky that I can cook and I've made no effort to hide it. But almost every girl I know values that in a guy, and plus in college while I'll be eating a homecooked meal they all be eating heat-up dinners. So bleh on them. Or in your case (any girl's case really) if you've got it, fluant it! So what if some prudish old lady gives you strange looks? You only live once, so make the most of it and look your best...within reason. And if you don't want to wear "revealing", try wearing "accenting" or "Covered yet sensual". Like a loose shirt (like a size or two too big) and tight pants (maybe not togeather but suggested portions of different outfits).

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 10:17 pm

I have thick eyebrows and only pluck the stray hairs. I got mine waxed first so I could pluck the areas I'm supposed to, nice eyebrows really show off your eyes :)

Neoninja
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Mar 2012, 12:45 pm

Ashuahhe wrote:
I have thick eyebrows and only pluck the stray hairs. I got mine waxed first so I could pluck the areas I'm supposed to, nice eyebrows really show off your eyes :)

That sounds like a good method (Good God, that sentence was weak). But you make a good point: nice doesn't have to mean thin. It also brings to mind "To each their own" or it combines two things I mentioned before, eyes being the center of a person's beauty (in the sense that they are the window to the soul and kind of reflect that) and the "accenting beauty" I mention with clothing. I think of a innocent or "natural" beauty when I think of what your saying (though, I think about stuff WAY past what people intend. Make of that what you will). Not too much time and energy to the point of obsession, but still caring enough to feel confident about the way you look. That's really what I'm getting from the women (or girls, which ever you prefer) on this thread. :D