Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 3:32 pm

Hi.

So, yeah, a little embarrassed about posting this... I'm not used to talking about it. :oops:

I am a 15 year old girl (16 in a couple of weeks) and I've had my period for 2 or 3 years (I can't remember exactly). Anyway, it's always been pretty much regular - never exactly 28 days, but close to it, never over a month - until about 6 months ago. Now I'm missing at least every other month, sometimes 2 months running. I still get cramps around that time though.
Is this normal for a girl of my age (or any age)? If not, is there something specific connected to it? I've heard some people say it's fine, but others say it isn't.

Thanks!
Heather

Three years!

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 3:35 pm

We're not medical professionals.... I'd say talk to your doctor.

SilentJohn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jan 2007, 4:02 pm

hmm...let me tak e a look.... :wink:

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 4:06 pm

Ok, let me rephrase the question. (I don't have a doctor for these types of situations.)
Is this a common occurance?

Three years!

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 4:12 pm

pregnant?

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 4:14 pm

SeaBright wrote:
pregnant?

Not a chance.

Three years!

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 4:30 pm

Are you athletic? Sick? Those things can cause you to miss.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 4:32 pm

You family's medical doctor or staff is versed in trends and issues that cover a persons' full life cycle-I assure you! What they don't know or delved super heavy into in their studies or practices, they may have enough sense to direct you to the right place.

You've been having periods for a couple of years. But in that time have you been having yearly gynalogical checkups? I bet not!

If you were 30-60 and you were having sweats all the time-the doctor would probably know it was something to do with menopause or something. But, would also know which tests to run. (hopeless example bear with me)

Soo your at that time where you, because you are at a different age cycle, make decisions that are a step forward.

I don't want to get in trouble with your parents by telling you that there is a gov run system and laws that bypass the parent and go strait for young womens reproductive health care-for free or nearly free no doubt. But it's called planned parenthood. Stupid name.

I think if you told your mom it would be a good idea. She is a woman and more importantly she is your mom and she may have had the same problem.

I've had that happen to me before, I mean when I wasn't pregnant or sexually active.

Sometimes it mattered when I was hyper-athletic. Others because I was stressed. But during both pregnancies this was the behavior I had.

Same with overly heavy bleeding.
If I'm not in shape-I'm a facet.

"Hey...my periods are acting strange...could you ask the doctor if this is normal?"

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 4:34 pm

LadyCass wrote:
SeaBright wrote:
pregnant?

Not a chance.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

:P yahhhhhh!! !! now thats good news!

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 5:01 pm

LadyCass wrote:
Hi.

So, yeah, a little embarrassed about posting this... I'm not used to talking about it. :oops:

:oops: sorry!

I'm going to throw you one move, though.

What to expect at the gynalogical exam:

expect to spend 15-30min filling out forms asking all sorts of irrelevant sounding information.

expect to be given a short robe that opens at the back, and to spend another 15-30min waiting in a doctors room on a paper covered chair.

expect to have likely a female nurse or doctor (though I'm more comfortable with males) to ask you to lay back and put your feet up and onto fuzzy covered foot pads.

They will then show you the implement they use to perform the health check, in an attempt to calm you: :roll:

here is an article about a woman's first visit. http://www.obgyn.net/young-woman/?page= ... bgyn_visit

Then they will tell you they are going to place their hand on somewhere relevant to the lower belly and that you will feel some pressure.

They oil the tool, insert it, and OPEN it-somewhat like a pair of pliers.
This allows them to see a little more of the flesh-to discover the condition of the cervix; the opening INSIDE YOU past the obvious opening; where the sperm goes in and the baby goes out.

There also inevitably is some feeling around with the fingers.

If your shy now...

I feel for you. Helpful is placing judgement on hold and just letting the doctor get done and over with!

I experience depression afterwards.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 7:21 pm

I'd see a gyno. It could be PCOS. My periods were regular for the first 6 months to a year and then they would only come once around every 6 months. Turned out I had PCOS. So, it could be that.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 9:34 pm

What is a PCOS

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 9:35 pm

P...Premenstral... cystic ovary symptom>?

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 10:36 pm

Polycystic ovary syndrome
'course, it also makes me think of Personal Computer Operating System, but I'm a geek, so that's to be expected.

LadyCass... I strongly urge you to find/see a doctor on this one. And even if it turns out to be nothing/minor, go for yearly exams.

goomba
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2007, 10:55 pm

See a doctor and see him or her soon. The reason is sometimes these female problems can be complicated and take a while for the doctor to figure out. Gyno exam is usually uncomfortable for me but I have to do it. I think of it this way. Do I want something to go horribly wrong with my reproductive system, or do I want to be prodded with those cold medical instruments for a few minutes, once every year. Other than that, SeaBright gave a good idea of what to expect.

Another thing, I may have missed someone else saying this, but one reason to miss a period is stress. I have been so stressed out a few times that I missed my period

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 8:57 am

are you feeling any pain during this absensce of the bloody curse time???? if so it can be something internal or clogged,

if not, it could also be hormones, (knowing you arent pregnant) this condition is called amenorrea, ususally its hormones and puberty that can cuase the skipping, also stress can as well, and diet, are you skinny or eating junkfood? (these can cause it)

i have had skipping as well, once it was 3 months at a time no period, then one day i was emailing my friend who is an aol tech and then i got warm down there and then boom i got it.