Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2009, 2:35 pm

I just don't know why it's always so painful. Supposedly, it's not supposed to hurt much. :? But whenever I have to get one, I'm like just, it's just as bad as when I have to get blood drawn, or a flu shot, or something. I only get it when my mother insists I have to, cause I make a complete fool of myself. Anyone else have this kind of trouble? I also hate tweezing, and I especially other people touching my face.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2009, 3:42 pm

try painkillers.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2009, 4:40 pm

Never ever had one...most likely never will.

Chizpurfle52595
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Sep 2009, 5:37 pm

Do you mean eyebrow tweezing, face waxing, leg waxing, underarm waxing, or bikini waxing?

Get an epilator, you'll never have to wax again, on large areas anyway. I always did things like that myself because I didn't trust anyone else to do it. I tweeze my own brows and only rarely wax my upper lip, and everything else I shave or epilate or leave alone. There's no reason that you have to go to some stranger to do it, it's not difficult, just buy a home waxing kit.

It seems very unfair that your mother is forcing you to go get ANYTHING waxed if it makes you uncomfortable.

CanadianRose
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2009, 5:59 pm

You could try a cream dipilatory. Also, if you have $$$. you could get laser treatments.

I think getting the flu shot is a piece of cake compared to waxing. If the flu shot bothers you, try numbing the area on your arm by rubbing it. Another trick is to ask the nurse to give a "teaser stab" to the area quickly before inserting the needle - this distracts from the pain.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2009, 7:43 pm

Why is your mother insisting that you have this done? Shouldn't this be your decision? What's so wrong with a little extra hair anyway?

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 2:34 pm

I must get it done because she won't leave me alone until I do. She teases me, sometimes makes fun of me, give me lectures that can last up to half an hour and which are very draining for me to listen to. Not to count how she puts me down by saying I need to get my priorites straight, and stop thinking about stupidities(my interests), and concentrate on what's important. And the waxing must be done her way. She 'supervises' as I get it done, telling the one who's doing it, almost how to. She sets a big store on physical appearance. I made it just under the wire with the make up, and nail polish. I don't wear any, because they feel kind of heavy, and even though she doesn't like that I don't, at least she doesn't make a fuss over it.

That's what I'd like to know. I mean, all mammals have hair. I mean, am I supposed to yell at it to stop growing? It'll grow whether I like it or not.

am_suomi

29 Sep 2009, 11:16 pm

Wow, I don't think I could deal with your mother. Waxing makes my eyes water and it hurts so much (what is ironic is that I suffer from trichotillomania, which does not hurt at all).

Mmmph

30 Sep 2009, 11:47 pm

Wow, I'm sorry you're in that situation. My mom was never on my back like that. I had to beg her to buy my first pair of tweezers. Hell, I had to heckle her to get me tampons.
I don't have to money to get waxes, but I have the patience to tweeze. I tweeze right after I get out of the shower, while my skin is still warm and relaxed. I've been doing it for so long now, my brows hardly grow in.

As for everything else, as mentioned before, I don't have the money to get waxes. So I resort to shaving everything else.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 1:56 pm

The irony of it all is, I'm forbidden to shave my arms, which along with my legs is what I don't like to see hair on at all. I'd be dead if I ever came out of the shower with my arms shaved.

jessmc
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Oct 2009, 1:56 pm

persian85033 wrote:
I must get it done because she won't leave me alone until I do. She teases me, sometimes makes fun of me, give me lectures that can last up to half an hour and which are very draining for me to listen to. Not to count how she puts me down by saying I need to get my priorites straight, and stop thinking about stupidities(my interests), and concentrate on what's important. And the waxing must be done her way. She 'supervises' as I get it done, telling the one who's doing it, almost how to. She sets a big store on physical appearance. I made it just under the wire with the make up, and nail polish. I don't wear any, because they feel kind of heavy, and even though she doesn't like that I don't, at least she doesn't make a fuss over it.

That's what I'd like to know. I mean, all mammals have hair. I mean, am I supposed to yell at it to stop growing? It'll grow whether I like it or not.

That is awful that she is making you do it. I have never done it and never will! Ofcourse I keep trimmed but sorry no amount of convincing in the world will ever convince me to get waxed. Some of my reasons:

I'm not 12 years old anymore and don't want to look like it.
It's natural. Who can argue with that?
Why do something that hurts when only you and maybe one other person in the world are going to see it?

And no I am not a hippie. I shave my legs, armpits, etc. but only because people in our society tend to leave you alone if you look like "one of them."

I hope you make your own decision. :)

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 11:30 pm

My mother taught me how to tweeze by frist using a very warm wet wash cloth over the area to be tweezed in a compress this makes the whole thing much easier and less painful a lighted make-up mirror also helped a great deal when I was learning how do my brows. As for the lower zones I shave what would show in a stander bathing suit and use an exfoling scrub to avoid the bumps. I have never waxed down there even if it would make my husbands day because I like looking like a grown woman and if I don't say anything about his hairy back he better not say anything about my hairy no-no zone.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 2:15 pm

Ouch. Fortunately, I can get away without waxing there. Now THAT, I'm guessing would be painful. I just leave it how it is, except for trimming it, just for hygiene.