Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GrendelUlf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Dec 2008, 2:00 pm

I can wear "clean" things like stone beads or a stone or solid piece on a leather cord etc. Dirty jewelry and the smell of warm cheap jewelry will actually make me wretch. I can't look at people with piercings if I can see the piercings at all I have to stare at my feet. not that lookking people in face is something any of us can do easily.

Brook-lynn20
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Dec 2008, 4:48 pm

Do you like gaudy jewelry? I don't. That's the issue I have with jewelry.

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 9:07 pm

GrendelUlf wrote:
I can wear "clean" things like stone beads or a stone or solid piece on a leather cord etc. Dirty jewelry and the smell of warm cheap jewelry will actually make me wretch. I can't look at people with piercings if I can see the piercings at all I have to stare at my feet. not that lookking people in face is something any of us can do easily.

I can't do piercings. They drive me insane. I own jewelry but I do not wear it. I do not like diamonds. really only pearls for their roundness.

AnnaLemma
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2008, 8:55 am

I can't stand rings of any type, bracelets, or necklaces. Yep--married 35 years and have never worn a wedding ring. After many years I finally trained myself to actually wear a watch rather than carry it in my pocket. I love earrings and have quite a few pair, but they have to meet a number of qualifiers--can't be large or heavy, have to be a natural material (I favor mammoth ivory), must go with colors of clothes I like. I have been told I'm impossible to buy a present for.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 3:06 pm

I don't know what it is about metal, but make it touch human skin and it just stinks up the skin. After I take my rings off, I have to wash my hands because they smell.

I can handle jewelry because I like how it looks, but the smell issue is a big one.

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 3:31 pm

Brook-lynn20 wrote:
Do you like gaudy jewelry? I don't. That's the issue I have with jewelry.

Me too, can't wear any earrings bigger than studs.

I love piercings though, I think they're fun, and I'd have more if I weren't so afraid of needles.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 11:19 pm

I get really paranoid about huge earrings, like they'll get caught on something. I see women with those really big hoops and I just cringe and can't understand how they wear them.

SMARTIE
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Dec 2008, 7:33 am

I cant wear any type of jewellery on a regular basis as the feel of it on my skin tends to irritate me.
The only piercing I have is my navel, which is fine and doesnt irritate thankfully. I actually love it.
I have rings which i wear on the odd occasions but thats about it otherwise :wink:

Tsiiki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Dec 2008, 5:49 pm

For me...

I can't stand "cheap" jewelry... meaning no beads, no fake metals, no rope, no string... it has to be silver (or gold, although much prefer the silver color), has to be a real gem thing... or cut glass, can't be like... a stone (I don't like the plain murkey colored things, or feel of say, polymer clay and stuff...)

I can't stand bracelets for the life of me, so will *NEVER* put one on for more than 5 mins (and those 5 mins is to dress up and look like a wackball)

I had 1 beaded piece of jewelry that I'd wear... was a choker, and felt ok, because it was completely beaded and had no strings visable or feelable between it and looked solid and good... (which is ironic that I'd bead jewelry for people on a bead loom or just a string and give as gifts to people, but would never ever ever wear myself)

never wore any cloth/rope/string necklaces... I've worn non-standard metal, but metal is still metal and a lot more dealable than some cloth or plastic or anything...

I don't care how pretty it is, but won't wear any plastic jewelry either... the weight is just wrong, and its just so... fake...

I've got 3 ear piercings and they don't bother, although I rarely wear earrings (well wear a silver loop in top right ear all the time, but my two lobes... can be bare for years on end before I put anything in, and then thats usually for about 2 hours before I pull out again), but thats mainly because theres very little jewlery I find pretty/wearable...

Julia_the_Great
Toucan
Toucan

22 Dec 2008, 10:35 pm

I don't usually wear any jewelry at all. I lose small things, and metal earings make my ears redden and ooze. My worst experience with necklaces was when I walked past a fence, and fell down when the necklace got cuaght in it- I freaked, I thought I'd hung myself.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 10:57 pm

Ehh. I have a problem with putting on jewelry and then never taking it off. I have a necklace around my neck that I can easily say I haven't taken off in 5+ months. If I have to take it off for something or it breaks, I feel bad.

BastetsEye
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Dec 2008, 9:46 am

I don't wear jewelery of any kind, I'm just too aware of it to be comfortable, which is annoying as I love the look of some jewelery. I'm constantly seeing in shops and going "oh, I'd love to wear that!" but just like shoes (I have unusually shaped feet so can't wear nice shoes) it's been labelled in the look but can't wear catagory.

kualakuddlebear
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Dec 2008, 7:14 pm

This topic is so interesting .... ! I feel like I have just read about myself and my youngest daughter.

Traci

moonlightwhisp
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Dec 2008, 11:47 pm

I feel really silly wearing jewelry, like I'm some little girl trying on her mom's stuff. I love the idea of wearing jewelry but when it comes to actually wearing the stuff, I feel uncomfortable and fake, if that makes any sense...

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 3:15 am

I have plenty of jewellery, but I don't wear it too often. I prefer just to look at it ;) If I do wear jewellery it has to be light, comfortable and not look stupid. I don't have my ears pierced because I don't see the point, so earrings are out of the picture :)

The only type of jewellery I wear on a regular occasion is my pentacle necklace, since it helps me feel safer when around people (strange, I know).

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 12:11 pm

I hate the look of chunky jewelery. Ie. chunky beaded necklaces. They look totally horrrible on my thicker than usual neck.
I've owned lots of cheap "junk" jewelery over the years, but they often end up rusted/broken/tarnished and are no longer wearable, and thats after a few months of wear!
I've had rings. one sapphire and one blue topaz one that my ex BF bought me (which have conveniently been misplaced :P )
I only wear jewelry when I go out of a night. I don't remember to put any on any other time.