Page 7 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

CheredIsTyping
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jun 2013, 1:11 pm

I'm having more success concentrating with tai chi, but Yoga is more difficult. I can't sit still. Also I think if I went to a class, everyone would expect me to be good at it since I'm naturally skinny and look the part. That's what happened when I tried Zumba with my mom.

hihellothere
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Feb 2014, 12:04 pm

TRY THIS BOOK

Google search "The Initiation PDF" (wrongplanet won't let me post a link)

The author's name is Elizabeth Haich and it should be the first or second search result

It's free. It's an interesting story. And to date I've found nothing as effective in reducing my own sex drive.

I wish all of you the best

<3

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 3:09 pm

release_the_bats wrote:
I'm looking for simple, natural ways to decrease my sex drive. Ideally, I'd like to get rid of it completely yet be able to allow it to return when and if the time is right.

Does anyone know of anything other than prescription medication that can lower a woman's sex drive?

BTW, I know masturbation helps in many cases, but it doesn't satisfy me enough to have any effect on my sex drive, and I've tried all kinds of techniques.

Some anti-depressants and birth control pills can numb or dull the sex drive.

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

ArmoredChicken
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Feb 2014, 6:03 pm

I guess my first question would be, what about having a partner makes sex fulfilling as opposed to on your own? Is it sex you are craving, social attachments you most easily understand through sex or something else entirely?
When my testosterone was out of control I felt like many here are describing. Wearing pants with any kind of seam in the crotch was impossible. But I could get relief through self pleasure. Some times I did crave a partner, but by and large I could get there on my own and be perfectly content.
Aspie women as a population have higher levels of PCOS and other hormone sensitivities. When I have a male partner my cycles actually function better because of the residual hormones I absorb through body contact and smell. It's entirely possible this exchange is also what you are after.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2014, 1:30 am

Just get married then your sex drive will drop.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Iranie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Apr 2014, 10:12 pm

release_the_bats wrote:
I'm looking for simple, natural ways to decrease my sex drive. Ideally, I'd like to get rid of it completely yet be able to allow it to return when and if the time is right.

Does anyone know of anything other than prescription medication that can lower a woman's sex drive?

BTW, I know masturbation helps in many cases, but it doesn't satisfy me enough to have any effect on my sex drive, and I've tried all kinds of techniques.

Try to avoid ones that turn u on.. Maybe u r still in love with somebody. I love a man who is married with two sons.. and i can't be with him, so am high on sex drive too.. true.. i can't concentrate on anything but having sex..

my friends said chocolates increase your libido or women's sex drive. try to avoid that too...

IKnowWhoIAmNow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 May 2014, 5:31 pm

paula24 wrote:
I also met a nice guy lately, I want to take things slowly cause I really like him but I really feel like I need to get laid, it is driving me crazy.

I would have said "LOL, Welcome to being a Man :)" in reply to such remarks, until I read this thread; I did not truly understand (only kinda sensed, as if through a fog) the idea that women could also experience that dilemma. So you are not stupid and it isn't nonsense; many people want to wait for love but their body wants sex in the meantime.

I guess that, traditionally, men are brought up to think of ourselves as the only ones who have that problem, especially in religious families (I'm an atheist now, but was brought up as a fundamentalist Anglican christian).

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 10:12 pm

Take Zoloft.

- Edgar Allan Poe -

AspERMD
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Aug 2014, 2:15 am

Deb1970 wrote:
Take Zoloft.

I was on Zoloft before. I felt great and still wanted sex all the time

starlighter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Aug 2014, 9:15 am

that's a great way to explain it, thnks. i feel ,the same ,since a little time ago, already .and that's true, for me also .

TinyDancer wrote:
zarok wrote:
Not sure if it is ok for a man to post here or not, However I have a friend of mind who is a teen girl and she is a 3rd degree thai chi. She has such good self control that when she gets turned on she can simply ignore it. And then when she gets a bf she goes crazy. I think that if you were to look into an art of self discipline you could do it well. Similar to monks and nuns who pray alot i think yoga or thai chi (as it is also a meditative martial art) would help you greatly.

Yeah there are things online about Eastern thought and sex drive and how people use visualizations of moving their energy up from "down there" into their upper body and mind to stop being horny and instead be really mentally creative.

There is this intense "creative energy" thing and our brains are really poetic and can take pretty much anything and make it about sex, and I think people can have all that energy and think they can only use it on sex. If you're really stupid then you could end up a slave to your sex organs, but if you're intellectually superior, you could find all kinds of ways to metaphorically "make it" with other people. Right now I'm so creative and so intellectually superior that I can visualize the world as one gigantic beautiful complex act of sex, or like one of those French Gothic cathedrals, and then I can say love is all about sex and sex is all love without lying at all. It relieves the tension. Lennon and I get this, but I understand its possible this may not work for everyone because they aren't smart enough.

OK so first you have to accept that the drive is there, then you accept that it is OK and you are not perverted, then if it won't hurt you or anyone else you should enjoy it a little (that's the tricky part though because people get hurt a lot about it because they have attachment issues (which makes no sense to me, but whatever!)), and then you have to move on and decide what to do with "all the extra." You have to be specific about it too. You can't just say you aren't going to masturbate with it. You have to reformat it. And if you could do this very well you could do more great things that other people admire, and then go home and really love yourself completely because even something that primitive and beastly inside you can be turned into good and help other people. ;)

14 Sep 2014, 1:21 pm

Not sure if this will help.

Camphor

Dr. Franklin D. Lewis, a professor of Middle Eastern Studies at Emory University, reports that camphor aromatherapy was used in Persian folk medicine to reduce sexual response. Camphor, a heavily scented wax derived from evergreen trees in the laurel family, is now used in as an ingredient in over-the-counter medicinal products, such as Vick's Vaporub. A small amount of a camphor-infused product can be placed under the nose or on the chest; this may help to ease muscle tension and reduce sexual desire. Note that camphor causes an intense burning sensation if it is placed on a sensitive area, such as the lips or genitals; its toxicity also makes it unsafe for oral ingestion.

14 Sep 2014, 1:48 pm

Also, can try to avoid eating any food that are aphrodisiac (a food that increases sexual desire), for example, onion, garlic, shallot, chive, leek, ginseng, chocolate, figs, gingko biloba, asparagus, banana (some studies show its enzyme bromelain enhances male performance. Not sure how it works on the female body though), etc.

And eat food that are anaphrodisiac, such as coriander, soy products.

Those with a medical condition should check with your doctor what you can eat and what you can't. For eg. Coriander can reduce blood pressure so those with low blood pressure shouldn't take.

Hope this is helpful in some ways.

Squishy81
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Apr 2015, 2:19 am

I just recently started taking Monk's Pepper supplement pills. After taking two or three a day for a week my sex drive has dropped like a rock. I started taking them because my girlfriend has a FAR lower drive than I do. While I want to do it two or three times a week she wants to do it two or three times a year. The sexual frustration would make me depressed and irritable and caused a lot of friction in our relationship. Now I don't care if she ever wants to have sex again! I don't care if ANY girl ever wants to have sex with me. It's like having this two ton monkey lifted off my shoulders.

My sex drive was a curse and I'm finally free! I only wish I'd started taking it years ago. My life would have been so much happier without constantly wanting sex all the time.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 1:39 pm

Deb1970 wrote:
Take Zoloft.

Lol, yes very effective.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 1:58 pm

Amity wrote:
Deb1970 wrote:
Take Zoloft.

Lol, yes very effective.

For some, but not all.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 2:03 pm

IKnowWhoIAmNow wrote:
paula24 wrote:
I also met a nice guy lately, I want to take things slowly cause I really like him but I really feel like I need to get laid, it is driving me crazy.

I would have said "LOL, Welcome to being a Man :)" in reply to such remarks, until I read this thread; I did not truly understand (only kinda sensed, as if through a fog) the idea that women could also experience that dilemma. So you are not stupid and it isn't nonsense; many people want to wait for love but their body wants sex in the meantime.

I guess that, traditionally, men are brought up to think of ourselves as the only ones who have that problem, especially in religious families (I'm an atheist now, but was brought up as a fundamentalist Anglican christian).

It amazes me how prevalent this still is, probably thanks to religious upbringing. It seems to pair up with a belief that women live use their sexuality to manipulate men.