Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 10:14 am

Throughout my entire life, I have encountered that socializing gets difficult to me.
In a very strange way indeed.

I have discovered, that It's not that I can't be with other people. It is that other people can't be with me.
For some odd reason.

People are nice in the beginning. Though I never change, or change my attitude towards other people, I have noticed that other people's attitude towards me, is changing negatively.

People slowly gets tired of me. I don't know why.

And after some time spend with these same people, I can't say a sentence, without people not taking it seriously.

And here comes the strangest thing of them all: It is not what I say that makes them hostile. It is that I say something at all.

I have done tests on other people, to prove that I am right on this:
I have said things, that I don't adhere to, but which I know that the other people around me use to tell each other and agree upon.

Then you would expect them to react positive towards me. They don't. They turn away from their idea, if I am the one representing it.

I can provide you with a a live example of this:

http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topi ... 050322#new

I am not an atheist. But to prove that no matter what I say people will turn against me, I tried making a cause for atheism. I made an argument in favor of atheism.

For some reason, an atheist suddenly claimed religion is philosophy. It is equally philosophy as every other philosophical idea.

That is not what one would expect of an atheist.

But this is an example, of how neurotypicals react to people they don't like.
No matter what their enemies stand for, they are against them.

If the neurotypical's enemies are communists, they become capitalists, and the other way around.

I am not saying ALL neurotypicals react this way, but I have experienced this everywhere on the internet, as well as in real life. I would like to know two things:

1. Is this something that others like me has observed too?
2. Why does it happen?

MarthaCannary
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Nov 2014, 10:21 am

fick·le
adj.
Characterized by erratic changeableness or instability, especially with regard to affections or attachments; capricious.
[Middle English fikel, from Old English ficol, deceitful.]
fickle·ness n.
fickly adv.

NT behavior in a nutshell.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 10:25 am

MarthaCannary wrote:
fick·le
adj.
Characterized by erratic changeableness or instability, especially with regard to affections or attachments; capricious.
fickle·ness n.
fickly adv.

I can change too. If I get convincing arguments for other stuff.

But they don't seem to change by their own. They only change, when their opponents tries to meet them.

If their opponents wants a compromise, they (themselves) would turn to their own extremes.

If, however, the opponent becomes equally like them, they become like their opponent.

THAT is strange!

It seems like NT's are very much an "us-against-them". It's not about the ideology. It is not about religion. It is about "us" versus "them".

WHY?!?!?

geometrictunneling
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Nov 2014, 10:31 am

Hmmm the fact we poop smelly brown stuff, sex and how bizarre it is that we often laugh at it, the whole idea of race and racial superiority, the fact we kill and consume other living things, the fact physical beauty is what we are pre-wired to look at first when we choose mates.

This is good enough evidence there is no god, this world created itself

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 10:35 am

geometrictunneling wrote:
Hmmm the fact we poop smelly brown stuff, sex and how bizarre it is that we often laugh at it, the whole idea of race and racial superiority, the fact we kill and consume other living things, the fact physical beauty is what we are pre-wired to look at first when we choose mates.

Yeah there is no god, this world created itself

I fear that in- and outgroups is a psychological phenomena that is deeply rooted in evolutionary process.

But that wouldn't explain my (autistic?) antipathy towards this phenomena then.

catalina
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Nov 2014, 11:58 am

It made me remember something i read in chapter 20 from Against Method (P. Feyerabend): "I also began suspecting that what counts in a public debate are not arguments but certain ways of presenting one's case. To test the suspicion I intervened in the debates defending absurd views with great assurance. I was consumed by fear - after all, I was just a student surrounded by bigshots-but having once attended an acting school I proved the case to my satisfaction."

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 1:03 pm

I think I see some problem with your posting style that turns people against you.
In your opening post about atheism, you write in a complicated mass of words that no one understands.
Then, when someone asks you what you are talking about, you write I will simplify for the sake of you.
This is where that person has turned against you, and some other people probably have too, because your statement was condescending.
Then, you say that you were doing a test on these people, and of course at this point, almost all have turned against you.

elkclan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 1:23 pm

How do you know they're neurotypical?

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 1:47 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:

I have done tests on other people, to prove that I am right on this:
I have said things, that I don't adhere to, but which I know that the other people around me use to tell each other and agree upon.

Then you would expect them to react positive towards me. They don't. They turn away from their idea, if I am the one representing it.

I can provide you with a a live example of this:

http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topi ... 050322#new

I am not an atheist. But to prove that no matter what I say people will turn against me, I tried making a cause for atheism. I made an argument in favor of atheism.

This link to your post in that thread does not support your argument. You (mediumaevum) actually don't make an argument in favor of atheism. You make a an argument in favor of individual spirituality being superior to organized religion. That isn't a pro-atheism argument and so does not support your theory that people will flip sides just to stay in the "in" group. Nobody in that thread flipped sides- including you (since you did not make a pro-atheist post). But they did call you out on making a garbled argument and that is a fair criticism.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 2:26 pm

It looks to me they were just disagreeing with you and that isn't turning against you and one person gave you advice about people turning against you. If people keep doing it, it's time to look at yourself and try and figure out what you are doing wrong.

I can disagree with my husband and mom or dad and that doesn't mean I have turned against them. It can feel that way if you have strong feelings about something or a strong opinion and someone doesn't share the same perspective as you. That is more common in politics and religion for lot of people and anything that is controversial.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

LocksAndLiqueur
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Nov 2014, 2:50 pm

MarthaCannary wrote:
fick·le
adj.
fickle·ness n.
fickly adv.

It's posts like yours that really make me wish WP has a "like" or "up-vote" button.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 1:56 am

MarthaCannary wrote:
fick·le
adj.
fickle·ness n.
fickly adv.

PLEASE PM me if u read this....thanks!

slave
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 1:57 am

LocksAndLiqueur wrote:
MarthaCannary wrote:
fick·le
adj.
fickle·ness n.
fickly adv.

It's posts like yours that really make me wish WP has a "like" or "up-vote" button.

likewise