A very selfish and manipulative nature - AS trait?

Page 5 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 9:54 pm

I don't think that I ever could be manipulative. I'm not claiming any particular virtue on my part. It is just that in order to manipulate someone, you have to be able to predict how they will respond to your actions, and I'm very bad at predicting how people will respond to my actions.

I have read about some techniques that people use to manipulate others, and I sometimes recognize when someone tries to use them on me, but I am unable to use the techniques myself. I'm just too self conscious; I couldn't pull it off.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 11:39 pm

I don't believe this strictly applies to AS. Anyone can be selfish and manipulative depending on what they're looking to gain out of it.

Azolet
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2011, 4:14 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
I don't believe this strictly applies to AS. Anyone can be selfish and manipulative depending on what they're looking to gain out of it.

Very good point!