Page 6 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2012, 12:32 pm

I was never really into real - life horses, myself (the really big ones actually kind of intimidate me even now) but when I was little, I enjoyed riding ponies. :D I've also been interested in My Little Pony for years now....the First Generation and the Fourth Generation.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2012, 1:10 pm

When I was at primary school I was the only girl in the class who DIDN'T have an obsession with horses (and they were all NTs).

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2012, 2:18 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention, I also liked the movie Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron when I was a kid. It wasn't that I didn't LIKE horses; I think they're very intelligent, affectionate, powerful, majestic animals....it's just that they never held the same sort of fascination that my favorite animals - dolphins/whales, crows/ravens, and raccoons - did for me.

I do remember having playdates with a girl my age who was not quite NT and also really liked horses....I live in a state where horse racing is a big deal, and this girl's parents actually owned a horse ranch and some of the horses that were raced. Their daughter would take riding lessons which I would sometimes accompany her to during our playdates. I can remember being so excited to be around all the horses in the paddock that I was always jumping around and skipping (when I was very young, I never really walked when I also had the option to run, bounce, skip, or gallop) and my friend's governess (I never saw her actual parents) was terrified that I'd spook one of the horses and get trampled.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 8:34 am

I used to be quite obsessed with horses. That was exactly the time I started getting better, social-wise. Personally I think horses have a direct influence on my improvement.

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Sep 2012, 1:22 pm

Quote:
When I was at primary school I was the only girl in the class who DIDN'T have an obsession with horses.

The opposite happened to me, lol.

However, when I was in middle school there were other girls that liked horses, but they liked them because they thought about princes, fairy tales, and because horses were beautiful and intelligent animals.
Well, I think that horses are beautiful and intelligent, but since I was a child I've always liked to classify them according to the breed and the coat, and I almost exclusively gathered informations about Appaloosas and Thoroughbreds, that are my favourite breeds. Nothing to do with princes and fairy tales.

Projectile
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2012, 12:37 am

i have news for you. pretty much all girls are obsessed with horses and/or ponys .. donkeys never get a look in

its because girls like raw power.. horses are mostly silent and calm

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2012, 11:26 am

Quote:
donkeys never get a look in

Well, not every girl ignores or dislikes donkeys; or at least I don't: in fact, I actually like donkeys, too; and the same goes for zebras. In fact, I like equines in general, and I never understood why other girls ignored or disliked donkeys. I've always thought they're very nice animals, and I still don't understand why most of the people believe donkyes are stupid; they live near my house as well as horses, and I've always considered them equally.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 11:38 am

I was never into horses. I was more into trains when I was aged 4-7. Then I was into jungles (and The Jungle Book) when I was 7-9. And I was into Sonic the Hedgehog and other Sega games when I was 8-12. Then after that it was men.

But when I was a child under 13, I never had obsessions. They were just general interests. What I am into now is what I would call obsessions!

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2012, 11:41 am

Quote:
I was more into trains when I was aged 4-7

Trains aren't uncommon obsessions, too; a lot of boys and girls were obsessed with trains when I was at primary school(they were NTs).

Quote:
But when I was a child under 13, I never had obsessions. They were just general interests.

Again, the opposite happened to me; my obsessions were stronger when I was a child.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 2:32 pm

Kairi96 wrote:
Quote:
donkeys never get a look in

Well, not every girl ignores or dislikes donkeys; or at least I don't: in fact, I actually like donkeys, too; and the same goes for zebras. In fact, I like equines in general, and I never understood why other girls ignored or disliked donkeys. I've always thought they're very nice animals, and I still don't understand why most of the people believe donkyes are stupid; they live near my house as well as horses, and I've always considered them equally.
I like donkeys, too - I really liked Donkey from the "Shrek" movies when they were popular. He was funny. :lol:

Amanda52
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 May 2023, 6:51 am

Yes from when I was very little. Drew them, thought about them constantly, watched old westerns just to look at the horses. Whenever going somewhere by car, watched out the window for a glimpse of a horse (countryside it in a city). Would’ve given my right arm for a horse .. finally got one when I was 10.

Wasn’t interested in dolls. Rather play with cats. Only found out now at 53 I’m Aspie. But so much is a revelation now .. astounding how everything makes sense now

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 7:12 am

yes, from age 4 to present, 50 years of keeping, raising, training, all sorts of horses, riding instructor, boarding stable , barn rat, rescuing abused horses in between, I was so lucky!
I was never rich but I was motivated to find ways to be with horses all my life.
Now we live in town my primary interest is autism in older adults , I was diagnosed as autistic at age 68 and I will be 72 later this year.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 7:24 am

I was the only girl in my class NOT obsessed with horses when I was a kid.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 11:07 am

When I was young a lot of my friends were girls who were obsessed with horses. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 11:09 am

I was obsessed with horses. My best friend had horses and we went riding often.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 11:31 am

I knew an autistic man who was obsessed with the idea of girls and horses but that's another story.

I had horses and a Shetland on my grandfather's property when I was young.
I did equine trauma therapy as an adult and I still ride occasionally.