Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 11:15 am

It would not surprize me. I've never been able to relate to the music of most artists but he was the first I was able to.

TiaMaria
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Oct 2010, 3:33 pm

I have to agree with the original post.

I'm noticing a trend here.. people saying "Yeah, no way could he possibly have AS" are not fans, and not familiar with his lyrics, history, interview style, etc. They just know a few bits and pieces of news reports.

To anyone who is a fan and has a great deal of knowledge on Eminem, yes, you could say it's likely that he has AS.

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 4:00 pm

Maggiedoll wrote:
I've generally interpreted most of the "socially inappropriate" type of stuff he does to be very engineered.. the more of a stir he causes, the more attention he gets, and the more albums he sells. Most rappers don't even bother to call themselves musicians, but entertainers. I thought most of the stuff he did was for show... in which case he exhibits a great deal of ToM...

IMO that whole AS people lacking theory of mind is a myth thought up by non AS psychologists who despite their educations have no way of truly understanding AS. I've had AS obviously my whole life, this theory seems to be in vogue these days but I disagree with it.

Ares
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Oct 2010, 12:59 am

Yes.. I agree, if you decide on this topic just purely with listening to only news reports on him.. or very few songs then your making a decision without knowledge. Its the same with the so called NT psychologists. They talk about it third person. They might read on it, they might watch documentary's on it, they might study it. But they still can't grasp some of the acts on ASD without actually having it.

Anyway back to the point. Yes going back through Eminem's songs to some of his earliest work, he is childish though incredible smart. Has the normal 'Marshell Mathers/Eminem' and the Alter Ego of 'Slim Shady', called himself The Rain Man, Antisocial, is very focused, and incredibly talented on a single ability - Rap, Has Anger Issues, Most of his relationships have been very poor ones.

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 3:44 am

Quote:
How do you know this song ? You played it all night long.
It means a lot to you but nothing said it's true.

Martin Solveig - Beauty False.

There is no way to tell whether a celebrity has a condition or not through their work because all can be "pretending". However, it is quite smart to be able to deceive everyone like some artists do.

I know almost nothing of Eminem because my parents did not let me listen to his work because of the "violence" and everything, I just heard some of them which were either great or highly disturbing. I will not judge his personality based on his persona. He is indeed an interesting character but we cannot really tell who he is through his work.

By the way, many people are "asocial", introverts, do not fit and not all of them have autism, other disorder can cause them.

As for the savant thing, again, the use of Rainman could be a commercial device.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 3:55 am

Listen to the lyrics of Beautiful and his part in Drop The World.

I think you might be onto something here, he could very well be Aspie in fact.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgT1AidzRWM[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHzMNRL4seY[/youtube]

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 4:01 am

He did take a lot of drugs in his life and this could lead to social awkwardness and paranoia so it could very well be the after effects.

He also had a troublesome past that it could very well affect his social life, he was much of a happier person when he started his career compared to now, you can try comparing the difference between the two videos.

Yet Eminem with AS, i could simply not imagine that. :lol:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

30 Oct 2010, 11:24 am

are you the guy who thinks mariah carey has aspergers? are you kidding me. :roll:

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 1:22 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Listen to the lyrics of Beautiful and his part in Drop The World.

I think you might be onto something here, he could very well be Aspie in fact.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgT1AidzRWM[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHzMNRL4seY[/youtube]

Both of those songs are practically aspie anthems.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 3:00 am

PunkyKat wrote:
Both of those songs are practically aspie anthems.

Precisely.

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 3:14 am

The problem with songs is that they can be pretty fictional even when the artist claim they are true.

In my opinion, unless he is diagnosed or seek a diagnosis, we'll never know.

Ares
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Oct 2010, 5:32 am

I doubt (If he does have it) that he would want it publicly known. I know a friend who doesn't like Eminem just because he is a white rapper, He might lose a lot of fan base for one.
And also, I would agree that if one or two of his songs are fictional based on a autistic persona, then yes I would agree. But his home life also shows signs of this.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 8:00 am

Ares wrote:
I doubt (If he does have it) that he would want it publicly known. I know a friend who doesn't like Eminem just because he is a white rapper, He might lose a lot of fan base for one.

I doubt it. If he does have it, I doubt he's the kind of person to be ashamed. He seems to have more of a "I give a f**k what you f**kers say about me you d**ks" attitude.

In fact, they may very well be the lyrics of his next song :lol:

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 10:57 am

Ares wrote:
And also, I would agree that if one or two of his songs are fictional based on a autistic persona, then yes I would agree. But his home life also shows signs of this.

The problem is that there are so many disorders and reasons which can make someone seem to be autistic that we really will never know unless he officially states that.

I know that it sounds appealing to find different people who are succesful or to think that someone whose songs are very meaningful (to some people) has the same disorder as those people. But no one can tell basing themselves on some random facts which could be or not more or less fictional or due to personal history, really.

Autism is not the only thing which can affect someone enough for them to have a troubled life, no real social life or great skills.

And I am not saying that he does not have it, I am just saying that we cannot know, especially since many celebrities have troubles life or strange background.

And some people are good at creating a persona (and not only in their songs). I mean, I had a mythomanic friend and she had created so many details about her persona that it was believable and she never contradict herself. And I know that teachers are playing a role too, some of them pretending things about their life that never happened just to be convicing. I am pretty sure most celebrities are able to do that and that it help them sell their products.

There are so many people who are lying... how can we be sure with unknown ones when we cannot be sure about our acquaintances ?

Simsam114
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Oct 2010, 10:59 am

Eminem does always keep a straight face, and his voice is the same tone in every song, but that's the only autistic things I can figure out about him.

Dnex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Oct 2010, 11:21 am

After hearing his verse on "Airplanes" part 2 I strongly started to suspect that he might be an Aspie.