Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 11:40 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I like lip-kissing. Tongue-kissing is much better.

Ditto.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Oct 2009, 11:51 am

Quoting Saywhatyamean

Quote:
I have honestly never experienced kissing on the lips by anyone, not intimate. By this I mean anyone but my husband. I never considered it something most people would do unless they are intimate, ie sexual partners. I also think of the bacteria but if you are sleeping with someone anyway, well .............what the heck.

Yes. That's how it is with me. Germs and too much intimacy. I do enjoy kissing and being kissed by my husband though. But I won't share an apple with him, or anything else where saliva swapping is concerned. Which makes no sense really. Just a quirk. I'll share the same cup or water bottle, but only with my husband. Like you say, what the heck.

Quoting Toughdiamond
Quote:
I've never had a problem over that with steady girlfriends and wives, but that's all. And yes it probably does spread germs. I'm more into cuddling really.

Cuddling is good. I can do cuddling with my husband and kids. No one else.

Quoting Serenity
Quote:
I'd probably tolerate being pinched on the butt way better than a kiss on the lips. Slobbers really creep me out.

I went to Italy and didn't get pinched. :roll: :lol: But truthfully, I don't think I would have liked it anyway. Slobbers. Yuck. I knew a restaurant cook who used to slobber in the soupl 8O

Quoting Anxiety
Quote:
I've met a lot of people who grab others when they are excited about what they are talking about and things like that too, but as you said, usually people will stop and watch themselves closer if you let them know that it is bothering you. It seems to make people feel more included in the conversation, or they grab/touch when it looks like the other person is losing interest-things like that. But it does the opposite for me, lol... makes me want to run away.

This thread is bringing up a lot of old memories. My father used to put his hand on our heads at the dinner table and then slowly but gently apply pressure. Whoever sat next to him got this treatment. I endured it and didn't make a fuss because I knew if I didn't react he would stop. My brother on the other hand, couldn't stand it and always put up a fuss, knocking my father's hand away. This sometimes led to an argument between the two of them. My father would also put his spoon into his coffee to get it hot and then put the hot spoon on our hands. It wasn't hot enough to burn, and again, I endured it because I knew it was my father's weird sense of humor and I would just shrug it off as that and give him as little a reaction as I could. He also used to sprinkle salt and pepper on our arm and then pretend to eat our arm. He would say, "Oh, that's such a nice arm. Let me eat that arm.8O :roll: We actually thought this was hilarious and asked him to do it again and again. :roll:

Last edited by cosmiccat on 13 Oct 2009, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Oct 2009, 11:53 am

pat2rome wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
I like lip-kissing. Tongue-kissing is much better.

Ditto.

Go Tim_Tex. Go pat2rome. :lol:

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 11:57 am

relatives KISS ON THE LIPS?
i remember my mother doing this when i was little, my sister and i hated it....she stopped. XD
the most we ever do here is kiss relatives on the cheeks, it's wierd enough. id imagine its quite good if its with your significant other....but not relatives!

Awithliving
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Oct 2009, 11:57 am

cosmiccat wrote:
Quoting Awithliving
Quote:
I've been forced to kiss some friends while they've been drunk. It sucks, but if I refuse to start arguing with them. But that doesn't happen anymore, because I always confront them and ask about the meaning of their intrusion - which I should've done from the start.

What is it with people? Forcing themselves on others. That's outrageous. I'm glad to hear it doesn't happen to you anymore.

No kidding. Idiot monkies.

Tim_Tex: Really? I enjoy lip-kissing much more. I'm a great kisser, that's one of the compliments I always get. My lips are soft and I'm kind of a foolish romantic, so I naturally play it out, almost like theatre. But it's not theatre, I'm very sincere. I don't know why it's like that, but I've always been the kind that make moments memorable. Too bad I'm such a social loser though, otherwise I could've been more successful in relationships. Not much for one-night-stands either, hence the foolish romantic. I bet you're more of the hardcore kind, yeah? You seem to be of the aggressive kind.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Oct 2009, 12:16 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
relatives KISS ON THE LIPS?
i remember my mother doing this when i was little, my sister and i hated it....she stopped. XD
the most we ever do here is kiss relatives on the cheeks, it's wierd enough. id imagine its quite good if its with your significant other....but not relatives!

:lol: I'm beginning to have second thoughts about cheek kissing. All these responses are making me think. Even kissing on the cheek is taking a risk if you're at a large celebration and have tons of relatives to kiss. Just think, how many others have kissed the same cheek that you have kissed and left their germs there to breed on a hot moist surface and then hop on your lips and infiltrate your body? :wink:

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 12:18 pm

I never kiss anyone on the lips, ever. Well if I had a girlfriend I would kiss her on the lips, that's it. Some of my relatives get one on the cheek and that's about it. Culturally I think that's about the norm for an Irish male, not AS-related.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Oct 2009, 12:20 pm

Quoting Awithliving

Quote:
Idiot monkies.

I like that phrase. I think I will incorporate it into my personal lexicon. :lol:

Quoting Hector
Quote:
I never kiss anyone on the lips, ever. Well if I had a girlfriend I would kiss her on the lips, that's it. Some of my relatives get one on the cheek and that's about it. Culturally I think that's about the norm for an Irish male, not AS-related.

That's interesting about the cultural norm of the Irish male. It falls in line with how I perceive my Irish husband and his brothers. I do think this kissing stuff is largely cultural.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 12:34 pm

i heard someone use the term "sub-monkies" i liked that SO MUCH. XD

i would love to kiss a guy on the lips, but id have to be comfy. i hope im a good kisser, because i have big lips.

Awithliving
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Oct 2009, 12:41 pm

cosmiccat: Yeah. I think "Idiot monkeys" is correct, is it?

Spazzergasm: I have kind of big lips too. Sort of (link).

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 12:44 pm

yeah, you do,

and i just noticed yoru a SCANDY! there's a ton of them on thsi site. :P

Awithliving
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Oct 2009, 12:49 pm

What the hell is a "SCANDY"?

Edit: Oh yeah, a scandinavian. Yep, indeed I am.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 12:53 pm

I never kiss people, I've never kissed anyone on the lips in my life. I get kissed from family members on the cheek and I don't like it. I always try to pull my hand out before they come to close so they get the message that I would rather have a handshake and not a kiss but sometimes they don't get that either.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 1:00 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
i hope im a good kisser, because i have big lips.

Don't worry, I didn't have my first kiss until this spring, and I got told I'm a good kisser. There's not really all that much to it. Don't stress when the time arises!

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Oct 2009, 1:19 pm

@ Awithliving.

Very strong and well-defined features you have. Your look is stark and charismatic. I think you could very well become an actor or a rock star if you were so inclined. BTW, your avatar reminds me of Waiting For Godot.

@ Spazzergasm
I knew my husband was meant for me the first time I kissed him. I was sixteen, he was seventeen. We are still together after 50 years. Prior to that, kissing boys made me queasy and I never wanted to see them again after I kissed them. It felt very natural with my husband.

Quoting Homer_Bob

Quote:
I never kiss people, I've never kissed anyone on the lips in my life. I get kissed from family members on the cheek and I don't like it. I always try to pull my hand out before they come to close so they get the message that I would rather have a handshake and not a kiss but sometimes they don't get that either.

I hate it when somebody kisses me on the cheek and it's wet. Ugh. I have to wipe it off immediately. I hated it when my grandmother kissed me because she had whiskers. Men with whiskers didn't bother me so much, but women with whiskers gross me out. Shudder. I think air kisses are the best but people seem to insist on the real thing. :roll:

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 2:00 pm

I like kissing just fine with a lover - especially enjoy taking their lower lip between my teeth and pulling at it gently with a slight biting pressure - it's very sensual, especially at the end of a long tongue kiss.

But kissing as a social gesture is beyond my comprehension. I know in some cultures, it's quite common, but it took me years just to learn to tolerate social huggers without shoving them away in irritation. Having a stranger try to kiss me - especially on the lips - well it better be a smokin' hot female stranger.

And she better not stop there. :P