Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Whisper
Toucan
Toucan

24 Dec 2009, 8:56 pm

I used to be terrible with this. I've developed little routines to make sure I don't, though. Checking things, mainly. Under seats, on seats, locked doors, pockets.. So that everything is where it should be. OCD-like or not, it's helpful, because I can be scatterbrained at times.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2009, 8:25 am

Yes I'm very scatterbrained and forgetful and alot of things get lost. It always seems to be valuable stuff like phones, I've lost more than 1 phone. I think I have a cloud of bad luck over my head somedays.

Ford_Prefect
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Dec 2009, 11:28 am

Losing things.... No, I am not losing things, I am persecuted by evil trolls which brings my things to irrational places. :) I am founding my things on places where I never put them.

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2009, 4:11 pm

God, yes. I lost my keys last week.
They were in the kitchen sink. (fell off a counter, probably).

Another time they were in the fridge. Checked with my SO - I was sober when I did it. :oops:

When I was still trying to go to college, I'd wake up the SO with panicked screaming because I couldn't find anything.

I still have issues, but I'm usually calmer about it. Except my keys. Losing those upsets me intensely - I think it's kind of a symbolic thing in my mind. Plus, I have a special place for them, and I'm usually good at putting them there. If they're not there, my heart sinks because, well, they could be /anywhere/.

homo_aspien
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Dec 2009, 5:08 pm

I have a notebook in which write down the things I have to do.
The book goes into a bag with my keys, phone, wallet, pencils, mini street directory, etc.
The bag goes with me everywhere.

The lists in the notebook also help me map out when and where mundane events, which my partner and others might need to know at a later date, occured.

None of this prevents my socks crawling under the bed, or my computer and phone cables becoming entangled while I am sleeping.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

25 Dec 2009, 5:55 pm

heck no, but i did loose my dan marino rookie a few years ago and i still dont know what i did with it but i pretty much know where everything is thats cool that i own

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2009, 6:39 pm

Yes, all the time and it is alot of pain just to find it, I've lost my nintendo ds and my friend has gotten it today but I'm kinda jealous because he has hers and I don't have mine... :cry: so I'm really really upset by it, I probably have to end up saving up for another one now. :(

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Dec 2009, 6:51 pm

No. I rarely loose things. I'm very careful to put my personal items where they belong, systematically, in the same place all of the time.

My problem is this: I have such a good memory, a photographic memory for items and where I last saw them, and in addition, I have a system, an investigative system, for tracking down lost items of other people, that I am always being called upon to find things that other people lose. I don't mind helping, but sometimes I think that other people are just being lazy or careless and I get a little resentful that I am being used as a personal "hound". "Oh, just a minute, let me get my hound dog. She'll find my car keys."

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2009, 5:10 am

I also have a system for where things go so I rarely lose them. Additionally, I keep inventory lists of where important things are on my PDA (by far my favorite organizational tool).

Whatever room I'm in or wherever I go, I always carry my PDA in case I need to look something up, write something down, or quickly go on the internet. Before that, I was glued to my Dayrunner.

However, when I do lose something, I can never seem to find it again without help, so I try to stay organized as losing things tends to freak me out. I used to lose things all the time as a kid because I didn't have much control over my environment.

INTJ.

bigblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2009, 6:24 am

sartresue wrote:
Warning:Low memory topic

I use my superior aspie focus to visualize the location of objects I want to keep track of. :P

Sometimes, though, I think the objects are playing hide and seek. :lol:

When I can remember to I use this technique. It helps me with keeping track of everything from the torque wrench to an important sequence of numbers.

But mostly I have single gloves, and loose my wallet, car keys, or even my shirt either when it comes to bargaining, or literally when I take it off and set it down somewhere.

Bloody embarrassing. I can't stand it.

dddhgg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2009, 6:37 am

If I had a dollar for every time I lost the ****ing keys, I'd be comfortably well off by now. One of the low points in my life was standing, dressed in T-shirt, shorts, and sandals, in the pouring rain for hours, because no-one was at home, I lost my keys, phone, and wallet (so no money to take the bus to anywhere else), and there was no shelter nearby.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2009, 11:54 am

Yes, I've lost a great many things over the years from house keys to important documents and all.Still, I do sincerely try to keep up with a much of what resides in my humble abode as a human being and all..I wish there was more for me to say on this post but, I've never been very good at putting things into a well-understood manner in the written format in most people's perspective however, I'm glad to have made this response though..

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Dec 2009, 12:25 pm

ProfessorX - I am curious about your avatar. What are those objects. Are they clay sculptures or artifacts? Are they in a group like that for a specific purpose. What's hanging on the wall?

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 3:43 pm

ProfessorX - I am curious about your avatar. What are those objects. Are they clay sculptures or artifacts? Are they in a group like that for a specific purpose. What's hanging on the wall

First off, yes there are some clay sculptures on the left hand side, one being a Wolf barking at the moon,2nd a clay sculpture that of a Mayan or Aztec nature..No, they're not set in a particular purpose and lastly, there is a variety of naval knot-ties as well there is some other curios which can't be seen very easily like a Egyptian pyramidon the right side of my avatar..Thanks for asking cosmiccat..

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 5:44 pm

I am good at finding stuff if I lose them.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 5:55 pm

I've lost tons of stuff in the past! Unfortunately some of that stuff are even SpongeBob items! :( Sometimes I pick stuff up, and put them down without realising or instantly forgetting where I put them. :?

SpongeBobRocksMao!