Have you been banned from other forums in the past?

Page 1 of 8 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Alla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2010, 10:05 pm

Have you ever been banned from one or more online forums because most of the members thought your ideas were too weird or offensive to others?

I have been banned from two online forums, one because most members thought I was offensive and too weird and another where the moderator thought I was a troll or the alter ego of another banned member.:(

alex
Developer
Developer

11 Oct 2010, 10:07 pm

I was banned from a forum once. LinuxQuestions.org . . But I was let back.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 10:09 pm

loads of small forums, maxima.org (cause I don't like BMWs :lol:) and not too much else that I can recall. I have been banned from my own forum by a trusted friend and admin. Stupid b***h got the forum deleted complete with all the information I had compiled on the MMO we played together.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 10:09 pm

I got banned from the e-list for highly sensitive people because I apparently said something awful and offensive but no one was willing to explain to me what I did wrong.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 10:10 pm

No, but I used to play mobsters on myspace and all of my accounts kept getting permanently silenced. That's the closest I came to being on another forum. Does that count?

ArtlyBookly
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Oct 2010, 10:15 pm

I've never been banned. I've just gone into forums with high hopes, then realized all my posts were being virtually ignored, then started posting less and less, until finally I got the hint and left the forums altogether. :roll:

Pistonhead: you got banned just because you didn't like BMWs? 8O

poppyfields
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2010, 10:33 pm

No, people barely notice me even when I post nearly everyday.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 10:53 pm

ArtlyBookly wrote:

Yeah....most Nissan Maxima drivers when they get done with their car seem to either buy a Chevy or a BMW. A moderator was going to buy an 80s 5 series I believe it was and I warned him about a couple problems with that engine and how much of a b***h that car was going to be to fix up and he was basically like DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT I'M A MOD and I'm just like whatever dude buy a sh***y BMW. He perma-banned me, didn't buy the BMW, ended up getting a Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4 instead.

alex
Developer
Developer

11 Oct 2010, 11:23 pm

BMWs are awesome. You deserved to get banned. :wink:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 11:34 pm

Oh yeah. I asked to be banned from Aspergic for a month due to some drama there and I was having problems and I just wanted to get away from it so it all blow over.

I was once banned from Zomg when we got that Atomicka guy who spammed the place there and one of the mods accidentally put in my IP as they were banning the spammers. But they fixed it when I contacted the two owners who were former members here.

I once got banned from a bravenet forum for spamming it.

I was banned from a politic forum because I let my friend use my account just so he troll there and he copied and pasted my posts there from here. Not really trolling, just spamming and spamming isn't trolling. It's just spamming.

I have never been banned from anywhere else except when my yahoo account kept getting deleted or when I got suspended from Yahoo Answers for trolling or when I could no longer post on AS Partners after I was trolling and when I posted something on the Delphi forums regarding an aspie pervert in different aspie groups and I could no longer post in any groups or see any.

I think that is all.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 11:39 pm

alex wrote:
BMWs are awesome. You deserved to get banned. :wink:

they weigh at minimum 400lbs more than I like, are 4x more complicated to troubleshoot, 2-4x more expensive to repair, 4x more likely to need repairs compared to the cars I do like. A BMW M3 CSL I wouldn't mind though.

ThomasL
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Oct 2010, 11:39 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
ArtlyBookly wrote:

Yeah....most Nissan Maxima drivers when they get done with their car seem to either buy a Chevy or a BMW. A moderator was going to buy an 80s 5 series I believe it was and I warned him about a couple problems with that engine and how much of a b***h that car was going to be to fix up and he was basically like DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT I'M A MOD and I'm just like whatever dude buy a sh***y BMW. He perma-banned me, didn't buy the BMW, ended up getting a Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4 instead.

That's funny. A lot of mods are idiots who love to abuse their power. (Not on this forum - this place is truly a breath of fresh air compared to other forums I've been on!)

BMWs are cool looking, but German cars in general are poor value and have way too many problems. They're just coasting along on their laurels and prestige while the Japanese build better and better cars, at much better value (Toyota's recent problems notwithstanding). Volkswagens are the worst, followed by Mercedes, I think. BMWs are probably the best German cars, or maybe Porshe, but I like BMWs better.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 11:52 pm

Maxima.org is by far the worst forum I've ever been on. The mods I remember the most of were lets just call them green and red. Green is the guy that banned me, Red spent $20,000 on suspension for his car and is a whiny baby complaining about how he wasted his time and money trying and failing to make his Maxima as nimble as a Corvette and whenever anyone has a good idea like "hey what If I put in a GTI-R or Z31 drivetrain" he always chimes in DON'T SPEND MONEY ON YOUR CAR YOUR CAR SUCKS GO BUY A BMW OR A CORVETTE! So pretty much it's an enthusiast forum that doesn't encourage enthusiasm.

Yeah among german brands it pretty much goes (AFAIK)
BMW>Porsche>VW>Mercedes

Here's the best example I've ever seen of "German value"

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 1:01 am

German cars are way too heavy, Citroen and Peugeot are my sort of cars.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 1:20 am

I got banned from Grapevine on msn groups for practically no reason.

I was banned from here and recently the WP chat room but I rather not mention which moderator, because it will only lead to conflict, that got uplifted in the end so that was really nice of them do that.

I was banned from a mobile site for no reason too.

I got banned from some of the rooms in Paltalk for trolling, but then Paltalk is a VOIP program that happened to have chatrooms and one of the mods were being so cruel that they decided to set a IP ban on me. Never liked the room anyways, I needed to go there for a laugh but it seems they take humour very seriously. :lol:

ArtlyBookly
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2010, 2:26 am

ThomasL wrote:
BMWs are cool looking, but German cars in general are poor value and have way too many problems. They're just coasting along on their laurels and prestige while the Japanese build better and better cars, at much better value (Toyota's recent problems notwithstanding). Volkswagens are the worst, followed by Mercedes, I think. BMWs are probably the best German cars, or maybe Porshe, but I like BMWs better.

I'm not a car girl, but my mom and godmom always had Toyotas and said they were really good cars, and I always felt safe in them, so I still associate Toyotas with good things :)

On a related note: I found a discarded diecast BMW in a pile of giveaway junk along the sidewalk, with the hood ornament and two tires missing, and not smelling very good. I gave it a bath and sprayed it with Lysol, and I'm turning it into a colorful, geometrical-looking art project. 8)