Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

nara44
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 6:39 am

I have noticed that most people don't have wild discrepancies between their words and actions. I interpret this as meaning that people are largely sincere. What makes you think they aren't?

Not wild ,
But part of being sensitive and creative is noticing even the smallest discrepancies,
It is no coincidence that paying attention the the smallest things is great part of what is driving science and art and even our daily life
Development as a rule is a struggle for a higher resolutions
BTW
In a Way AS blank expression and monotone voice doesn't look blank and sound monotone to me because i get the smallest details which elude most NT
(AS ability to notice very small and seemingly unimportant details is almost a cliche and i brought that up just to show that everything is interrelated and have a logic and a reason,we aren't blank just to annoy the NT,we just more attentive and consequently less dramatic,it's like the difference between acting for the TV and the big screen or the theater where in theater u need big gestures in order to get your message across and on TV a slight twitch would do the job much better,
well,
I live and sense the world at HD and can't behave like i live in a silent movie the way NT expect me to because then i go blind and deaf

That would be valid only if I felt some sense of attachment to being expressionless and talking in a monotone. I don't; they were just things that I did automatically until I realised that they could and would be interpreted badly.
I wouldn't really call constantly attending to my expression, stance and voice characteristics as "the easiest and shortest path". It's constant hard work that I don't see ever ending.

I have no attachment to being my self
that exactly what is so great about it
i like to live and i think i have the basic right to go about with out planing ahead my tone and facial expression
being too selfcontcios is no good to your health and it is certainly no fun
and the crying baby metaphor don't fit the facts
i'm not the one who raise hell on any little meaningless issue
nost of the time it's the NT who are so infantile they wouldn't let u talk and express yourself naturally just because they think every boduy should be the same

I disagree. NTs do not seem hostile, for the most part. Most of them, not knowing about ASDs, react to us with the same set of assumptions that they'd use for a typical person- and in a typical person, flat affect often means hostility. They're not projecting, they're just applying a set of rules to a situation where said rules don't apply, and they have no way of initially knowing that their rules won't work.

applying a set of rules to a situation where said rules don't apply is part of the definition of projection
Interpreting a flat effect as hostile when u perfectly know it isn't(on the contrary,it's a sign of sensitivity to the others) is the result of buried hostility because when it silent or the situation is unknown everyone hear and see himself reflected in the void .

They should have to wonder what they've done wrong and why we dislike them every time they talk to us? That doesn't seem reasonable to me. If you can control how you present yourself, what's wrong with making the effort not to make people feel bad by your presence?
It seems to me that if I knew that people felt bad because of their mistaken perception of me, and I didn't change, that that is tantamount to deliberately hurting them. You can be a saint, but if you don't show it in ways that people can understand, you can hardly blame them for not realising. What was it you said about "medium and message are one?". That would mean that if you give a hostile "message", you are hostile.

Yea,they should,but i don't want to and can't enforce knowledge on any on
that's why i avoid NT as much as i can
And i don't give hostile message but my quite saintly :-) intentions are interpreted as such by the pigs
U can't and shouldn't please everyone
That the shortest path to become a nasty person in a society like ours
Sometimes u have to choose and live with your choices even if it desn't pay well
That the meaning of being human
and it is this difficult choices that make society move forward

No; I am now sending the signal that I wanted to broadcast. My past signals were misleading.
I don't understand how any of this is sending a signal to myself; could you elaborate further?

But the error was on the receiver so by changing the transmitter u kill the message and your identity
u cant sending a signal that compensate the errors on the other end with out changing your own wavelength
and the wavelength is you
it's the unique distance or border between your inside and outside
u can't change your outside without changing your inside
u can
but it will destroy u
and for an unworthy cause

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 1:23 pm

Quote:
Most of them, not knowing about ASDs, react to us with the same set of assumptions that they'd use for a typical person- and in a typical person, flat affect often means hostility

I always assumed flat affect meant you're either a bit shy or just self contained and not given to heavy displays of emotion.