Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

seaweasel
Toucan
Toucan

31 Mar 2010, 2:44 pm

Does anyone find there interests all of a sudden change all the time? I find that happens to me. One day i am obsessed with the new haven railroad, than one day the immune system.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 2:46 pm

I'm quite the opposite.

Audiophile
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Mar 2010, 2:50 pm

Nope, I have 1 extreme interest and 2 other "just here" sort of interests. So I bounce between the three.

cmate
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2010, 2:58 pm

I have some interests that stick around, usually, but yes, I find that I get into things - new hobbies or learning a topic, and I really get in to it deep. Then it can just basically go away. On to the next thing.

Agnieszka
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 2:59 pm

Sometimes yeah. Other times am obsessed with one thing for a longer period.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 3:07 pm

Compounded «interests topic

Lately I have been doing the family tree for my kids and their descendents. I jsut found out «i am the last link to the past, and so «i have decided it is worth being responsible for the family history. The web site is not free, so «i have been working hard to finishing it before the temporary membership expires. I just got a new computer, so it makes it a lot faster. :)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 5:17 pm

When I was transitioning from my interest in Hellsing to my interest in Johnny Depp movies, my interests changed on an almost daily basis. One day I'd be into Revolutionary Girl Utena, the next day Air Master, the day after that the culture of India... I'm so glad I found something that stuck, because I was getting incredibly frustrated.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 5:31 pm

Not really; I pretty much keep my interests for a long period of time. I often develop new interests, though.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 5:58 pm

My interests can vary from day to day, certainly. I also have interests that stay for a long time, and some that stay for a long time but change in their intensity. I love finding new interests, it makes me quite happy. But I'm always upset when I lose an interest, because I don't understand how I can be so deeply enthralled with something one day and the next want nothing to do with it. As a result I'm always afraid of losing all my interests, dreading the day they just disappear. :(

Edit: IdahoRose, that was bizarre. In the time it took me to write this your avatar had changed. I was thinking I was in the wrong thread or something because I saw a new picture. :lol:

steeviebops
Raven
Raven

31 Mar 2010, 6:14 pm

cmate wrote:
I have some interests that stick around, usually, but yes, I find that I get into things - new hobbies or learning a topic, and I really get in to it deep. Then it can just basically go away. On to the next thing.

I'm similar myself. Firstly I was obsessed with satellite television, then I moved on to computers, mobile phones (lost that one over time) and trains. I remain pre-occupied with the trains, computers and television (now branched out into over-the-air television and cable too). I'll surely find others as I go along.

jeffhermy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2010, 6:18 pm

My interests include video games and music. I quit video games completely, I don't play them anymore. So, I got a clear idea on what I should be doing, immersing myself in music. I do miss video games, but my life was worse when they were #1 on the list.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 7:02 pm

I have very changeable interests.

Negolin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Mar 2010, 7:20 pm

My interest was Everquest for the longest time (online game), now it is politics. I do however have some minor interests as well (eg reality tv shows).

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 8:25 pm

I've pretty much had the same special intrests since childhood. Sometimes they go dormant or into a "brumation" but they are still there. I've only had two special intrests tottaly die on me, Tiny Toon Adventures and manatees. Meerkats will always be number one.

Villette
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Mar 2010, 8:28 pm

I liked English literature very much from age 15 to 18 and now I'm sick of studying it. I now only read good books for pleasure rather than serious analysis.

TuDoDude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2010, 10:12 pm

My three interests haven't changed since I was 12. I cannot imagine not having them daily.

seaweasel wrote:
Does anyone find there interests all of a sudden change all the time? I find that happens to me. One day i am obsessed with the new haven railroad, than one day the immune system.