Would you choose the big apple or the small apple?

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Would you choose the big apple or the small?
I go for the big one 36%  36%  [ 18 ]
I will take the small one 64%  64%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 50

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2009, 1:06 pm

As a kid, I somtimes got the first choice when somebody gave away something. Now, as an adult, I think it was some stupid trick, played from an adult to kids. There was always a significant difference between the objects of choice.
What my wonder is, could this have had some kind of influence to the person I (you)became, as an adult? I remember I always chose the object of lesser value, cause I thought, If I take the best, someone else get the lesser.
Now as an adult, I think much the same as I did as a kid. I'm completely hopeless in matters of buying and selling, and even to take credit for something at work, or as a student, that I clearly deserved.
I also feel bad, after "winning a discussion or argue, I always come up with some soothing words for the looser. Is modesty, in certain ways, an aspie trait?
In this poll I use an apple as an example, can be anything. Hope you understand what I mean.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 1:27 pm

Small apples taste better, so I chose small apple.

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 1:34 pm

Hmm... sounds noble. But also terrible.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 1:38 pm

mosez wrote:
As a kid, I somtimes got the first choice when somebody gave away something. Now, as an adult, I think it was some stupid trick, played from an adult to kids. There was always a significant difference between the objects of choice.
What my wonder is, could this have had some kind of influence to the person I (you)became, as an adult? I remember I always chose the object of lesser value, cause I thought, If I take the best, someone else get the lesser.
Now as an adult, I think much the same as I did as a kid. I'm completely hopeless in matters of buying and selling, and even to take credit for something at work, or as a student, that I clearly deserved.
I also feel bad, after "winning a discussion or argue, I always come up with some soothing words for the looser. Is modesty, in certain ways, an aspie trait?
In this poll I use an apple as an example, can be anything. Hope you understand what I mean.

I can completely relate. Maybe its a question of compromise. I always compromise, so much so that as an adult people close to me expect me to. I always allow others to have the best, and if there is something left for me, then great. How has this affected me as an adult? I'll probably miss out on many oppurtunities of self fulfilment. Others seem to show no regard at all to compromise. I don't think I compromise because I feel sorry for others. I probably do it, because I feel I am not worthy of the best.

Detren
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2009, 1:40 pm

i_wanna_blue wrote:

I can completely relate. Maybe its a question of compromise. I always compromise, so much so that as an adult people close to me expect me to. I always allow others to have the best, and if there is something left for me, then great. How has this affected me as an adult? I'll probably miss out on many oppurtunities of self fulfilment. Others seem to show no regard at all to compromise. I don't think I compromise because I feel sorry for others. I probably do it, because I feel I am not worthy of the best.

wow.. um... Amen?

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 1:45 pm

Detren wrote:
wow.. um... Amen?

:scratch:

Detren
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2009, 1:47 pm

Your statement could have come from my mouth. I agree wholeheartedly.

MommyJones
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 1:49 pm

I don't think I compromise because I feel sorry for others. I probably do it, because I feel I am not worthy of the best.[/quote]

Maybe you are just a nice person. Don't sell yourself short :)

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 1:51 pm

^
^
Oh o.k :lol:

MommyJones wrote:
Maybe you are just a nice person. Don't sell yourself short :)

Thanks. Maybe we are all just nice people. :D

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 2:02 pm

Yes, I definately do this. I think it has to do with how I was raised as a child. My mother's philosophy was pretty much 'You're just a kid, you don't have any rights' so I am used to things like.. not taking the last slice of pizza becasue someone else might want it, not sitting in the front seat of a car because that's where the adults sit, ect ect ect.

Seems that now even though I am grown, I still think such things to myself. I don't matter much, I'm just a kid.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 2:07 pm

I can say I'm the opposite. I don't put my self in others shoes, so to speak, so I don't realize that someone else might want the last piece of pizza like the example above, I grab it without asking. And when someone gives me choices on what I want, I can't decide and say "I don't know" over and over until they choose for me.

Last edited by buryuntime on 26 Jan 2009, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 2:11 pm

Submissive personality.

Persoanlly, I'm all that. Some of it may be due to anxiety but I think most of it is personality.

AmberEyes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 2:18 pm

At first I thought this poll was about city travel preferences:

"The Big Apple": New York

"The Small Apple": York? :?
:lol:

I have been to both "The Big Apple" and "The Small Apple".

I did find New York very overwhelming, but exciting.

This is a tough one.

I think I probably prefer going to York for the relative peace and quiet, and the interesting Cathedral.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2009, 2:19 pm

i_wanna_blue wrote:
mosez wrote:

I see you relate. In fact I had thought of a third option in the poll, that said I don't want to choose, so I don't want an apple. But I somehow could not fix the poll thing. I thought I'd learned it by now, but I did something wrong. So the compromise should in fact be there. So those who feel like compromicing, just have to think stronger :idea:

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 2:19 pm

buryuntime wrote:
I can say I'm the opposite. I don't put my self in others shoes, so to speak, so I don't realize that someone else might want the last piece of pizza like the example above, I grab it without asking. And when someone gives me choices on what I want, I can't decide and say "I don't know" over and over until they choose for me.

Pretty much ditto here.

I'd chose the small apple though, merely because 1) I find it hard to eat bigger ones, and 2) I normally wouldn't be able to finish a bigger one.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 2:22 pm

I'm a size queen.
Go big or go home.