Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2010, 2:30 pm

I put the waters in the refrigerator differently (no reason) then mom called me into the kitchen and asked why I put them in that way I said I don't no there's no rhyme or reason she said she thought it was laziness so I ask WP have you been called lazy? :-)

jeffhermy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Apr 2010, 2:44 pm

Oh the family all thought I was lazy because I couldn't find a reason to clean up anyone else's mess back when I was a mess. They still to this day think of me as the 'lazy Aspie' but they really don't know I volunteer and they wouldn't care anyway.

Plus I am a little lazy in some ways, I won't dump the milk if I know it is bad, I'll just let it sit there for someone else to get a mouth full of yummy. :twisted:

DavidM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Apr 2010, 2:57 pm

Only lazy people call other people lazy - busy people are too busy working to call people names. :flower:

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2010, 3:00 pm

My wrestling coach thought I didn't help set up/put away mats before and after tournaments because I just didn't want to, but I just was waiting for someone to tell me what to do (and I would do whatever I was asked to do after I was actually asked).

ASgirl
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2010, 3:04 pm

my mother always thinks that i don't go out with friends much is due to laziness. i sit at home working and researching away on my computer can sometimes be mistaken for being lazy too. i admit i can be lazy at times, especially when i feel a bit down but most of the time i am busy with my "hobbies".

GuyTypingOnComputer
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2010, 3:21 pm

Have I been called lazy?

Welcome to my world.

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2010, 3:26 pm

Only by myself.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2010, 3:35 pm

I've been called lazy by my roommate at my university before. I tend to get up late on the weekends because I'm very tired from practicing for track and cross country, plus balancing out my academics. I sometimes think that she is somehow jealous that I could somehow make it work out with getting decent grades while getting to sleep in and doing other things, like having fun with friends, aside from school work. It seems as if she judges people a lot, and doesn't seem to notice herself. I tend to get annoyed with that; it's just one of those pet peeves or whatever one may call them. I sometimes think that people call aspies "lazy" because we tend to do things differently. Plus, some aspies (or people in general) tend to do things without lots of physical activity (e.g. playing computer, watching TV/movies, etc.). Maybe it's because we like doing things differently or we try to be more efficient. Einstein, when asked why he would fasten only one of his buttons on his sweater, said "It's simpler that way." Maybe we tend to think "what is the most efficient or simplest way to do things?" It's not always the case, but may account for some of the reasons why someone may call an aspie "lazy". One can only speculate...

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2010, 3:48 pm

I am as lazy as I can be. I equate laziness with efficiency. The less time I take to get all the boring rubbish in my life done, the more I can get on with more worthwhile things. Laziness = more time and we all know that time=money. So mega laziness ultimately = mega$$$ (or insert desired resource of your choice).

Sometimes the ultimate lazy choice is to do things as well and as thoroughly as is possible first time.

People don't call me lazy anymore because I massage people's perceptions with random acts of kindness. A little work done at the right time can have a much larger impact than working like a shire horse all year round.

Obgeektor
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Apr 2010, 3:53 pm

Yes. I'm just preoccupied and have difficulties ordering my thoughts, like to daydream and inadvertently procrastinate. I guess that's a long-winded way of saying, yes, I'm 'lazy'.

When I like something I work 20 hours on it without it bothering me and only stop for sleep and food.

"No man can hold what the darkness can sow" - Agents Of Oblivion - Hangman's Daughter.

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

06 Apr 2010, 4:24 pm

Often. I tend to retreat to my room when I come home from work and usually choose to stay there unless necessary for me to leave. I usually spend my time reading or learning about various things but I also have the tv on most of the time, which causes them to think all I do is watch tv.

I am also painted as lazy for not initiating many chores. I don't back out of tasks, I simply don't initiate them. If someone tells me something should be done, I will do it (given advance notice. If I have already planned to do something, even if it is just "sitting around", I do not like to alter my existing plans).

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2010, 4:32 pm

My mum calls me lazy, because my apartment isn't as tidy as her trailer. She thinks that just because I'm female, that I should be as neat and tidy, as her.

Anastasia
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Apr 2010, 4:55 pm

DavidM wrote:
Only lazy people call other people lazy - busy people are too busy working to call people names. :flower:

VERY VERY TRUE!

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2010, 5:07 pm

I get called lazy sometimes, and I know that I generally am lazy too! :lol:

SpongeBobRocksMao!

dt18
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Apr 2010, 9:06 pm

My family calls me lazy all the time.